This topic is about Insurgent
Past Reads > Insurgent

Comments Showing 1-50 of 68 (68 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jennifer, The Paranormal One (new) - added it

Jennifer (ivashkovlover) | 3376 comments Mod
Insurgent by Veronica Roth

description

One choice can transform you—or it can destroy you. But every choice has consequences, and as unrest surges in the factions all around her, Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves—and herself—while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love.

Tris's initiation day should have been marked by celebration and victory with her chosen faction; instead, the day ended with unspeakable horrors. War now looms as conflict between the factions and their ideologies grows. And in times of war, sides must be chosen, secrets will emerge, and choices will become even more irrevocable—and even more powerful. Transformed by her own decisions but also by haunting grief and guilt, radical new discoveries, and shifting relationships, Tris must fully embrace her Divergence, even if she does not know what she may lose by doing so.

New York Times bestselling author Veronica Roth's much-anticipated second book of the dystopian Divergent series is another intoxicating thrill ride of a story, rich with hallmark twists, heartbreaks, romance, and powerful insights about human nature.

Discuss Tris & Four!

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 350 comments Four words to describe how much i like this book: L. O. V. E.

Colette Pauline | 1 comments David wrote: "Four words to describe how much i like this book: L. O. V. E."

You mean letters?

Katrina Welsh (katrinawelsh_) I have to admit though. The beginning was slow and didn't have the same pizzazz as Divergent did. But once the plot got interesting, it never stopped. I adore Tris and Four! I'm so glad that they weren't involved in a love triangle. That would just be sooo annoying.

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 350 comments Colette wrote: "David wrote: "Four words to describe how much i like this book: L. O. V. E."

You mean letters?"

Lol just being cheeky. I meant words :)

Maya  (mayaadorkable) | 33 comments i loved this book so dam much !!!

Jemma Gurney | 3 comments Somaya wrote: "i loved this book so dam much !!!"
Amen sista! :D I love Tobias with all my heart :')

Lilac  (lilac_wales) | 60 comments Me too, he is great!! But now we have to wait another year to read the next book :( And it's the LAST book in the series!!!

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I know! It's so sad that there's only one more book coming out! I hope she writes more series, she's such an amazing author with such great ideas! LOVE YOU VERONICA ROTH!

Jemma Gurney | 3 comments Yes! You share my love for this :') both of you! None of my family or friends understand! You need to live here so we can go all crazy when the movie comes out!

message 11: by Kam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kam (iamwhowhoareyou) | 528 comments This book was so amazing! It completely enraptures me. Wonderful and beautifully written!

Micah Balili (mitchyismyname) | 1 comments This book was so thrilling! I wish Fall 2013 will come already! :)) I can't wait for Detergent. :P

Jemma Gurney | 3 comments Micah wrote: "This book was so thrilling! I wish Fall 2013 will come already! :)) I can't wait for Detergent. :P"

Haha detergent :') How wonderful is Tobias? :') I love him so much!!

Kasey Still waiting to get this book from the library ! It's always out

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 350 comments Julia wrote: "Just finished this book and loved just as much as the first, if not more so. Can't wait til the last one comes out, a year seems far too long to wait."

Yay, I so agree!!

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 350 comments Kasey wrote: "Still waiting to get this book from the library ! It's always out"

Hope you get it soon, it's so popular right now :)

Maya  (mayaadorkable) | 33 comments does anyone have any theories of whats going to happen in the next book?? what a dam ending its like what the heck just happened ! what the heck is going to happen! i have so many theories i think im going to drive myself insane

Katrina Welsh (katrinawelsh_) the ending was just so out there that no one, I don't think, could've predicted that it would end that way. And I feel like the third book will be like that as well. I haven't got a clue what's gonna happen. But, I'm assuming Tris and them will go out of the gates and... what? I don't know. It's such a complete mystery. And there isn't even enough information about the outside world, apart from the stuff from the video. Ugh. We need the title because that will reveal a lot!

Katrina Welsh (katrinawelsh_) There's so many variables that has to be factored in the third book. I didn't even think about how the factionless will react to this. She could totally write two more books after Insurgent with the amount of material she has.
And I loved Four's POV, too! It was so interesting and different from Tris' voice. I wish she'd written a whole book, instead of just a chapter.

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 350 comments Yeah the Four chapter was awesome, she could write a whole book like that ;)

Megan (megmarie) | 74 comments Can somebody help me understand the ending? Where it got confusing for me was when Evelyn was talking to everyone saying there won't be any more factions and then the video started playing. What was the video really talking about? Who was the Prior woman? I usually don't get confused with books like this, but I'm guessing because I read it so fast I didn't absorb enough of the detail. Haha sorry!

Tellulah Darling (tellulahdarling) Liked it but not loved it like I did with the first one. With the first one I was being drawn into this incredibly unique world and great characters and this one, for me, didn't have that same pull and forward momentum. Going to read the Four chapter now though. I do like him a lot still.

message 23: by Ana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ana | 9 comments Megan wrote: "Can somebody help me understand the ending? Where it got confusing for me was when Evelyn was talking to everyone saying there won't be any more factions and then the video started playing. What wa..."
I think that "Prior woman" was maybe Tris's grandmother or someone related to her at some point! What I got from the video was that the world as we know it has fallen apart to a point that we've lost our humanity. To rediscover our values, a group of people volunteered to forget everything they know and enter the city. Their only purpose was to discover the people that weren't so mind setter on their reality, THE DIVERGENT!! These people can easily see the world from a different perspective, therefore, see the problem and give a solution that isn't set in one goal but in a better goal!!
Hope I could help!

Megan (megmarie) | 74 comments Ana wrote: "Megan wrote: "Can somebody help me understand the ending? Where it got confusing for me was when Evelyn was talking to everyone saying there won't be any more factions and then the video started pl..."

Ahh! I see. That makes a lot of sense! Thank you so much :)

message 25: by Stacy (last edited Jun 25, 2012 04:08PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Stacy | 1 comments This book was great i got it yesterday and didnt finish until i was done. And then i read it again :P I can't wait tuntil the third book comes out

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

:) LOOOOOVEEED IT!!!

Melissa (Asarelah) (thebibliophiliccat) I love this series too and I REALLY loved the ending. It completely changes the setting of the novel and how the third book can evolve.

Hannah I really liked Insurgent, but I liked Divergent better. Still it was amazing. :D
I really liked the end and now I'm dying for the last book, can't believe it's going to come out next fall.... .__.
In Insurgent, there were moments that made me love so much. :D Like the scene in Amity, when Tris gets drugged , so more peaceful. It made me love so hard. xDD Like how she was searching for Tobias and he didn't know, what's going on. :D And after the drugs wore of Tobias made fun of her and she just sad "I will kill them!" xDD
But there were moments when I also was like "noooo" because of the fights between Tris and Tobias. :( I mean, I love their relationship and I could never take their break up.. .__. But luckily they are so much in love that not even after all that happened, they are still together. :)
Right now, this trilogy, even though it's not finished yet, is one of my favorits of all time. :D Just love, love, love the Divergent trilogy and Veronica Roth for writing these books. :D Hopefully the last book is as amazing as the first two books. :D

message 29: by Lily (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lily | 3 comments The book is great love the series so good. I can't wait to read the next one. :)

Michelle I absolutely love this series.

Nickle Love (Night Owl Reads) (nicklelove) | 9 comments loved this book. love the series! love Four! <3

message 32: by Sixela (new)

Sixela (mistywind) | 43 comments Love this series! I cant wait until Next year!!!!!!

Devora | 20 comments Love this book especially with NO love triangles:)

shaylee | 95 comments THIS BOOK WAS AMAZING!!!!! This series is my life!!! love it love it love it!!!!

Mariella | 4 comments Just finished it like 4 days ago and I just can't wait for the third one to come out!!! I'll lose it! Hahahahaha :D but seriously, the book ended up just how I like books to end, you know, like leaving you wanting more but not in a "telenovela" kind of way (you know what I mean ;) )

And Tris is simply awesome and made me want to get in shape and try to push my body a little bit more than I'm used to (which is basically stay sitted for about 3+ hours reading.... We are all guilty on that, right?) And her Mom... GOD! She's definitely one of my favorite characters. Full of surprises and courage, so fearless.

Some of the deaths made me sad but I guess those made it more believable cause let's face it, in war, not everybody make it.

I love thin genre (dystopia)!!! Please, book recommendations will be appreciated!!

message 36: by Zaria (new)

Zaria | 70 comments Hmmm... Well, I haven't read this book yet, but i keep seeing it every where. Maybe that's a sign tha ti should read it...

April | 2 comments I read the book a couple of weeks ago, i am not going to say the book was bad. But there was not really a plot or anything really big happening thorughout the whole book. Like, in Divergent there was reason and the plot was very well written. But i just felt that this book was not all that it had been cut out to be in the end. I felt like i was a little let down.

Malaika (adventuresofreading) | 6 comments this book was not as good as the second on but still was a great read. Hopefully the last one will not be a discontent

message 39: by Kim (last edited Aug 31, 2012 05:19AM) (new) - added it

Kim (snugglemybooks) | 5 comments Aw. I liked Divergent better, but Insurgent's good.
I looove Four. He is sooo hot! Oh my God. Fan me!
And Tris is sooo cute. In a tough way, I mean.

message 40: by Toni (new) - rated it 5 stars

Toni Whittaker I love love love this book and the first one cant wait for the last one veronica roth is an amazing writer !!

message 41: by Key (new) - rated it 3 stars

Key (keydevera) | 2 comments Outstanding. ♥

Kaye (krikabica) (krikabooks) Fantastic!

Diana Flores (dianafobregon) | 3 comments It was amazing, but I was expecting more from Tris and Four. More passion if you know what I mean. They were constantly fighting and it was heartbreaking. Cant wait to read book #3!

message 44: by Toni (new) - rated it 5 stars

Toni Whittaker Diana wrote: "It was amazing, but I was expecting more from Tris and Four. More passion if you know what I mean. They were constantly fighting and it was heartbreaking. Cant wait to read book #3!"

i felt the same way :-)

Georgia (georgiepog) | 1878 comments I thought it was good, really good, but it wasn't as good as Divergent :( I think Insurgent just didn't... surpass everyone's expectations, so it was kind of a let down

Erika (erikamiller) | 8 comments THIS SERIES IS EPIC!!! OMG I LOVE TRIS AND FOUR! :D 2013 is too long await!!

Erika (erikamiller) | 8 comments Toni wrote: "Diana wrote: "It was amazing, but I was expecting more from Tris and Four. More passion if you know what I mean. They were constantly fighting and it was heartbreaking. Cant wait to read book #3!"
..."

I know it drove me crazy it was like every chapter. It annoyed me, they are so good together :/

message 48: by Em (new) - rated it 3 stars

Em (emziyy) | 125 comments LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVED THIS BOOK!!! (I have nothing else to say)

message 49: by Mahvish (new) - added it

Mahvish | 1 comments This book was the amazing. Can't wait to read the next!!!

Maya  (mayaadorkable) | 33 comments tris and four argued way lot. felt more real and kinda worried me more. dam four's mom really hate her. that lady sure has something up her sleeves.

« previous 1