Scarlet Garden *Masquerade* (Advanced) discussion

Outside > Shore

Comments Showing 1-50 of 198 (198 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by rosebee, Moonshine Sparkle, that's my stripper name. (new)

rosebee (rose33) | 1319 comments Mod
Around the back of the building, there is a small part of the property that is exposed to the ocean. You can only find it if you go to the absolute perimeter of the Masquerade.

message 2: by €ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ, No Comment (last edited Jun 07, 2012 11:08PM) (new)

€ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ | 818 comments Mod
Anastasia sat on the sand, in her dress, hugging her knees and gazing out at the ocean. Everything seemed so confusing. While leaving the building completely and wanting to get away from everyone, she had passed the doors to the library and had glanced in to see Shane dancing with another girl who was pretty much falling onto him. What he thought, she couldn't see because his back has been to her. It had taken all her strength to not yell something at the couple, but instead continued down the hall, immedeately wanting out. And here she was on the shore, refusing to cry and watched the sun hit the hills in the distance an colors reflect off of the water below. Why should she even care? He probably has girls left and right, because of how nice he is, well...he did say he was arrogant to everyone else, but that could have just as easily been a lie. Just to make her feel special. Plus, he had free agency to do what he wanted, she wasn't about to stop him by any means. He'll probably find someone he could marry everywhere he went. He could probably have any girl he wanted. Creasing her eyebrows, she picked up a stone near her and threw it into the water, watching it splash. She's never thought like this before, it almost made her feel gross.

message 3: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ Ash walked out onto the shore, the ball room was too crowded and all the people were loud, and it was almost sickening to see half those people in 'love'. How could they know they were in love if they didn't know a person for even five minutes! What if the person turned out to be who they really were behind the stupid masks. He'd seen it happen, and the out come wasn't great. Ash walked along the shore, then noticed another girl sitting on the shore. Ash was close enough to call out to her, but he wasn't sure if he wanted to.

message 4: by €ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ, No Comment (new)

The splash died down a ripples spread out gradually until one of them locked her feet that had been inches from the water. Why was life so hard? Readjusting her mask, she continued to hug her knees. Suddenly heading someone else on the shore to her left, she turned her head slightly to see another young man with her. "Hey," she said simply, wondering what exactly he was doing.

message 5: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ "Hello." Ash said with a slight nod, his accent obvious and charming. To simply be polite Ash asked. "May I ask why your out here alone? And aren't you worried your dress will get wet?" He asked. Ash saw how many young girls had freaked out when the slightest thing happened to their dress. Oh, last year some punch fell on a girl's dress. . . It was scary just to think about.

message 6: by €ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ, No Comment (last edited Jun 07, 2012 10:44AM) (new)

Raising an eyebrow under her mask, she shrugged her shoulders, not feeling the pressure she had before to dance. If she wasn't dancing, she seemed fine. "It was getting stuffy in the ballroom and the sand looked like a nice place to sit." Ana said quietly, turning back to look at the sunset. She didn't really care what happened to her dress at this point, the sand would just brush off anyway. Plus, it was worth it to gets little peace, you could just barely hear the music behind them.

message 7: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ Ash nodded, with the tiniest of smiles, glad she wasn't one of those girls who would start making a big deal over a little stain on their dress. Ash looked around it was calm and quiet here. "I must agree with both those comments." Ash said with a small smile. "Would you mind if I sat here with you?" Ash asked politely.

message 8: by €ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ, No Comment (new)

Anastasia nodded, gesturing to the nice, sandy spot next to her. "Sure, only if you don't mind getting your suit sandy as well," Ana commented, a smile playing across her lips. Her voice sounded a lot quieter than everyone else usually spoke, so talking when it was a lot quieter made her voice sound louder, which was strange to Anastasia.

message 9: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ Ash shrugged. "It's going to get dirty eventually." He said sitting down next to her. "I don't believe I've gotten your name, Miss." He said/asked her. Then he realized that he didn't introduce himself. "I'm Ash Winston." He said introducing himself. The music played a quiet waltz behind them, it calm and relaxing, one of Ash's favorites.

message 10: by €ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ, No Comment (new)

Brushing a curled piece of hair out of her face, she mentally noted his name, knowing that she'd probably need to know it in the future. "Ash, that's an interesting name. Were you named that for a reason?" she asked, then remembered that she hadn't given her own name, "Oh, I'm Anastasia Josephine Jackson."

message 11: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (last edited Jun 07, 2012 04:36PM) (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ "Anastasia, that's a beautiful name." He commented, responding to her second comment first. Then responding to her question he said. "Oh, it was my eyes. My mother thought they looked ashy grey and named me Ash." Ash explained, with a smile.

message 12: by €ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ, No Comment (new)

Ana gave a small smile with the mask covering the blush on her cheeks. "Thanks," she said quietly, suddenly finding interesting in drawing patterns in the sand to the side of her. Hearing his explanation, she glanced up to get a better look at his eyes, they did seem grey now that he had pointed it out to her. "Your mother has a good choice in name picking," she commented, looking back down at the sand.

message 13: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ Ash nodded with an extremely small smile. "Yeah, it's one of the things she made a good choice for." He said, thought he was thinking, one of the only. Referring to the choice of his father. Ash needed a change of subject. "So, find anyone you like?" He asked after a moment.

message 14: by €ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ, No Comment (new)

((Sorry, working on a lot of stuff while doing this, so I'm a little slow :P))

Eyebrows scrunching together slightly, she folded her legs under her dress and ran her hands down it to smooth out the green and purple shimmer. "Maybe...I don't know, it's complicated." she said, thinking back on what she'd seen in the library. Anastasia glanced over at him, "What about you?"

message 15: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ ((it's fine, I'm gonna make another 'nosebleed' charrie then go study))

Ash could tell there was a complicated mess of feeling from her body language. He shrugged when she asked him the question. "No one yet, I haven't been here that long to have met that many people." Ash didn't bother mention how he wasn't even sure if he wanted to like someone yet. I guess we'll see. He thought.

message 16: by €ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ, No Comment (new)

"Yea, me either," she said, wishing that her nervousness for dancing wouldn't be so bad. She might have danced with a bunch of guys by now, but that fear has held her back from only dancing with one. "But I hope you find that someone, you seem like a nice guy." Ana complimented, really meaning it.

message 17: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ "Uh, umm thanks." He said, feeling a bit awkward. He never really wanted anyone, and no one but his mother had really said he deserved a nice girl. "Thanks." He said more firmly this time. "And you too, you seem like you deserve a nice man Anastasia." Ash said with a kind, meaningful smile.

message 18: by €ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ, No Comment (new)

She raised an eyebrow, wondering why he had sounded so awkward all of the sudden? Wasn't it just a compliment? Did he think she was talking about herself? "Oh...no, I didn't mean..." Anastasia sighed, not bothering to finish her sentence and instead picked up another stone, attempting to skip it from her current sitting stance and flicked it towards the water. "But thanks anyway," she said quietly after it hit the water's surface.

message 19: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ Ash nodded and looked back at the ball room. It was getting dark out too. "I suppose we should head back in side." Ash said getting up. "And perhaps, you wouldn't mind one dance with me?" Ash asked with a kind smile as he held out his hand to her.

message 20: by €ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ, No Comment (new)

Ana tensed up for a moment, but finally decided that she'd done this once, she could do it again. Shivers went down her spin when he mentioned how dark it was getting. The wind was blowing and she was wearing a knee-length dress. It was definitely cold for her, but up until now, she hadn't really noticed. "Y-yea, sure." she said, trying to hold back the stutter from reaching the surface again, and placed her hand in his own.

message 21: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ Ash smiled at Anastasia as he helped pull her to her feet. His smile faltered a bit when he noticed that she seemed... nervous. "Do you not like dancing?" Ash asked. "If it's the crowd inside, we could dance right here." He suggested kindly with a smile.

message 22: by €ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ, No Comment (last edited Jun 07, 2012 10:53PM) (new)

She looked up at him, wondering if he'd make fun of her. But Ash seemed like a nice guy, so she played with her mask a bit, "No, it's not that I don't like dancing, more like...like I'm afraid of it." Ana said, looking down at her feet, not wanting to see the look on his face. She'd told one other person this, but she had been a girl, and Anastasia knew that they were definitely going to meet up after a become friends, but telling a girl was different.

message 23: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ Ash rose his eyebrows just a bit, afraid of dancing? That was.. unusual. "Afraid of dancing eh? If I may ask, why is this so?" He said kindly, curious to know. He had seen and heard of a lot of strange things, but fear of dancing... That was different.

message 24: by €ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ, No Comment (new)

She shook her head slightly, not surprised that he probably thought she as weird. Of course, this was the whole point in coming, but Anastasia would have skipped this entire masquerade if she could. "I-I'd rather not talk about that." she said quietly, playing with the helm of her dress.

message 25: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ "Then don't be afraid. Come on, it's not that bad." Ash said gently with a smile as he took her hand in his and put her other one on his shoulder. He put his hand lightly on her waist and spun her around, gently, carefully with a smile. "I heard in order to over come your fears, you need to face them." He said, hoping this wasn't going to make her hate him or anything..

message 26: by €ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ, No Comment (last edited Jun 08, 2012 11:09AM) (new)

Feeling herself being pulled closer to Ash, her hands shook a little, but Ana bit her lip, the smallest of smiles reaching her lips when he spun her around. The sand inbetween her toes felt good, since she'd taken off her shoes when first arriving at the shore. And now the cold that had made her shiver earlier wasn't a concern to her anymore. "I heard that quote once too, I was hoping I wouldn't need to face it anytime soon, this ball definitely ruined my plans." Anastasia said into the cool air, putting her hand back on his shoulder when he finished spinning her.

message 27: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ Ash spun her back around, in the back ground there was a fast paced waltz dance going. Ash looked at her as he danced, and had her follow the movements. Surprisingly Ash was an amazing, graceful dancer. "There are a few things this masquerade has ruined for all of us if you ask me." He said, quietly.

message 28: by €ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ, No Comment (new)

((Whoa, I read the last sentence of my last post O.o I swear it's the iPod autocorrecting me!! Forgive any random words you find here :p))

Anastasia perked her head up a bit, finding the opportunity to talk about him for a minute. All she pretty much knew was his name, his eye color, and that he hadn't been her very long. Maybe Ana could find out a few more things about him. "Oh? And what's your complaint behind this Masquerade that is set up every year?" she asked, clutching her fingers together on his shoulder, forcing the shaking she was having to stop. And here are the butterflies again...

message 29: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ ((lol, kk))

"Oh that we all know a person for what, five minutes? And then we're in love and supposed to be happily married for the rest of our lives." Ash said sarcastically, as he spun them both around, their feet being hit by the tide a few times. "I mean, I think we should have more time than one night to know if we really love someone, don't you think?" He asked.

message 30: by €ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ, No Comment (last edited Jun 08, 2012 11:57AM) (new)

She shrugged, figuring that he was right and that they should have more than one day. But that's the way it was and there wasn't any chance of changing it. "Yea, I guess. Well, it's definitely a bonus for all those desperate girls to find some other guy that is just as desperate..." Honestly, she hadn't mean to complain to Ash and she shut her mouth quickly, glancing down at her bare feet as it splashed in the icy water.

message 31: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ Ash laughed lightly at her comment. "I suppose that's true, I find more amusement in seeing some of these girls throw themselves at the men." He said with a grin. "If anything, I'd come here for the amusement of it all." Ash said, the song ended and Ash took a step back, letting go of her hand. He noticed her bare feet, all of a sudden. "Do you want to go inside? It is getting cold out here." He suggested.

message 32: by €ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ, No Comment (new)

Rolling her eyes, a smile flashed on her lips, glad that someone else found it just as amusing as her. Anastasia hadn't really felt the cold in the water until he mentioned it her, probably because her feet were numb by now. "What? Ohhhh...I'm fine. But we can go in." she agreed, brushing off her dress of all the sand and walking over to get her shoes laying not too far away. Returning next to him, she smiled again, "Thanks for helping me with dancing," she almost whispered, not wanting to even take the chance of someone hearing, even if they were all alone.

message 33: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ Ash simply smiled, not really saying anything till she returned to his side and thanked her. "Oh, uh, no need for a thanks." Ash said rubbing the back of his neck. "It was nice talking to you Anastasia." He said as they went inside. "But I suppose I should go talk to a few other people, perhaps we should meet up again, yes?" He asked.

message 34: by €ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ, No Comment (new)

Entering back into the castle, Ana nodded, avoiding a couple that crossed in front of her. "Definitely. It was nice meeting you Ash, good luck in there." she said, pointing to the ballroom, where the music was comming from as she slipped her shoes back on. She assumed he was going in there, since most of the girls were in there anyway and he sounded like he would definitely choose carefully tonight, no matter how long it took.

message 35: by Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ (new)

Sᴀᴅɪʏᴀ "Ay, and good luck to you too, Anastasia. I hope you find someone who deserves to be with a kind lady like you." Ash said with a smile, before turning and disappearing into the ball room. Ash actually looked forward to meeting up with Anastasia again, she seemed to be a lot like him and not many people were.

message 36: by €ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ, No Comment (new)

Anastasia watched him leave into the ballroom. He really was a nice guy and she had a feeling he would have to choose between some girls at one point or another. Wasn't that the problem here though? Everyone has a choice and not everyone's going to leave happy...or even leave at all. Hopefully he would find someone, but Ana might never know unless she kept her promise and met up with him later. "I can do that," she said quietly to herself, turning the opposite way and headed for the second level. She wasn't quite ready to go to the ballroom...yet.

Skittles- The World Is a Wonderful Place... :) Valerie took her shoes off and stepped on the cool sand. She felt it go inbetween her toes and smiled. She ran down to the water, and stepped just close enough so that the water would lap her toes when it came in. She stood there watching the moon, and standing in the ocean. She was so peaceful and relaxed, she forgot about the masquerade and immersed herself in thoughts.

Skittles- The World Is a Wonderful Place... :) Valerie jumped at the voice, when she turned and saw Brent she grew calmer. "Hello." She said turning to face him, her feet still in the water. She brushed her long dark hair out of her eyes and held out her hand. "I'm Valerie." She said.

Skittles- The World Is a Wonderful Place... :) Valerie let get hand drop and followed Brent's gaze. "I could ask the same thing to you. I'm down here cause its quiet, cool and peaceful. No girls with prissy attitudes and no boys who stare at anything with legs." She said. She had found a way to escape the masquerade, sorta. She wondered what type of boy this was? Rebel? Starer? Or the genuinely good kind?

Skittles- The World Is a Wonderful Place... :) Valerie laughed, "So how old are you? Do you have any brothers or sisters? What's your favorite color and animal?" She said. She wanted to know everything about him. She had ruled out starer, but rebel was still an option. Obviously it would be a waste of time talking with a rebel.

message 41: by Chickie (new)

Chickie  (piercetheveilluver) Raymond walked on the sand and looked around. He was bored and needed something to do. He didn't mind sand but didn't like the ocean much. He sighed and kept walking.

message 42: by Kit (new)

Kit (kitkong) Katerina ran to to the shore.Her tears blinding her as she ran.She kept going slower and slower as she ran in the sand.Her heels sinking into it and as she approached the water,she fell down.

message 43: by Chickie (new)

Chickie  (piercetheveilluver) Raymond saw a girl in a dress running. He stopped and watched her until she fell. He ran over and helped her up,"Hey. You okay?" He was curious to know why she was running, or whom she was running from. He kept his arm on her elbow, making sure she was steady.

message 44: by Kit (new)

Kit (kitkong) Katerina was surprised as someone helped her up.Why would anyone care what happened to her?She looked up at him with red eyes.She wiped the tears with her hands,"I-I'm fine,"She stuttered."Thank you for helping me up,"she sniffled.

message 45: by Chickie (last edited Jun 09, 2012 03:06PM) (new)

Chickie  (piercetheveilluver) Raymond frowned,"Your crying. Why?" He asked. He watched her and brushed the sand off the bottom of her dress. Ray looked up at her worried. He knew she was crying over a boy. What else would she be crying about?

message 46: by Kit (new)

Kit (kitkong) Katerina shook her head,her slightly wavy hair bounced when she did.Her pale green eyes looked at him sadly,"Y-You don't need to hear my problems.You should find you're perfect girl.You seem like a nice person,"Her sad eyes looked at him expecting him to leave her.

message 47: by Chickie (new)

Chickie  (piercetheveilluver) Raymond sighed,"I'm tired of people saying that to me. If I want to find her I will! Right now, I want to know what the hell is wrong? No girl goes running to the ocean crying without a reason." He was slightly angry. First Bailey, now her. They should follow their own advice and find their perfect guy. It was pissing him off big time, these girls were nice but were pushy when it came to getting rid of someone.

message 48: by Kit (new)

Kit (kitkong) Katerina was surprised at his persistence maybe that's why she choose to tell him."I'm never going to find someone!Everyone here is so beautiful and only one guy looked twice at me.I told him my problems and soon he left me and ran after some other girl.I just want to be loved or find someone for me,y'know?"She told him truthfully.

message 49: by Chickie (last edited Jun 09, 2012 03:39PM) (new)

Chickie  (piercetheveilluver) Raymond listened and then said,"Your utterly stupid. Your just as beautiful as all the other girls. So one guy left? Maybe he had a reason. Did you ask him his side of the story? I'm guessing not. That girl coul be his sister for all you know. Look, stop the self pity, clean up, and got meet some guys. One has got to be right for you. You need try!"

Skittles- The World Is a Wonderful Place... :) "18, twin sister, purple and I have to say my favorite animal is squirrels." She said with a giggle. "So are you enjoying the masquerade?" She asked. This should conclude her analysis of this boy.

« previous 1 3 4