Scarlet Garden *Masquerade* (Advanced) discussion

Outside > Garden

Comments Showing 1-50 of 313 (313 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

message 1: by rosebee, Moonshine Sparkle, that's my stripper name. (new)

rosebee (rose33) | 1319 comments Mod
One of the many. Full of flowers. ;) Benches. Places to sit and talk quietly.

( ˘ ³˘)♥ Jay Shane walked out through the garden, which was surprisingly quiet and empty. He smiled and walked through some of it before sitting down on a stone bench. Putting his hands in his pockets he resisted the urge to pull off the dumb mask that felt weird. He sighed and shut his eyes as he listened to the silence in the garden, the distant sound of music and some aqward laughs. The night was turning out to be quite uneventful.,

( ˘ ³˘)♥ Jay When his bright blue eyes landed on a girl coming down the garden path, Shane straightened. Standing he gestured to the bench, "You can sit here if you would like, I was just leaving." he said politely, in triuth he didnt want to invade upon her when she obviously had come here to be alone. He also hadnt been planning on leaving anytime soon, but he wasnt going to find his true love by sitting out in the garden alone.

( ˘ ³˘)♥ Jay "Go ahead." Shane said as he sat back down on the bench. Sighing he looked at her mask and gestured to his own, "Annoying aren't they?" he asked, curious as to her opinion. He figured that while she most likely wasnt his love, he couldnt say he didnt try, right?

( ˘ ³˘)♥ Jay Shane chuckled, a low sounding almost seductive sound. His blue eyes sparked with something that could have been described as mischief. "We could remove them. But then, we'd disappear." he commented, as though the concept of just vanishing was a normal everyday thing. He watched her for a moment, the slight color of her cheeks from nerves or excitment. It was hard to tell, probably both. After a moment he pulled his gaze away from her and looked down and to his right. A small bush of bright red roses was there and he couldnt help but admire their bold beauty. "Oh, what is your name?" he asked and turned his attention back to the female, his eyes conecting with hers and holding her gaze. "I'm Shane Winters."

( ˘ ³˘)♥ Jay Shane smiled and shrugged, "It is very nice and I don't mind it. I hope to find my love here," he paused and laughed at himself, "Hmm, I suppose that makes me sound a hopeless romantic. While I hope to find love, I also hope to have some fun and perhaps even make a few friends." he said kindly and stood, "Perhaps I should be going to find some of these 'friends'"

message 7: by Chickie (last edited Jun 05, 2012 06:23PM) (new)

Chickie  (piercetheveilluver) [Anyone can steal Shane right? ;)]

Minnie wiped away her tears and started walking. She diet want to break down, it's just happened. She walked through the garden, feeling even more lonely and sad. She wasn't afraid to die, or so she thought. Minnie sighed and looked an the flowers. She smiled weakly, seeing some black roses.

( ˘ ³˘)♥ Jay (lol yeah xD)

Shane frowned seeing the purple goth chic from before. Now she was sad though, did she have a twin? He thought as he polietely excused himself from his current conversational partner. Walking up he quirked a brow, "Dead flowers? Isnt that a villiam thing, not a princess thing?" he asked and smiled to show e was joking with her.

message 9: by Chickie (new)

Chickie  (piercetheveilluver) Minnie smiled,"They aren't dead. They're just black roses which are much more expensive and beautiful than red ones." She knew it was the guy from before. She just didn't feel like fighting anymore. Minnie looked at him,"I consider it a....crazy person thing."

( ˘ ³˘)♥ Jay "So you're crazy?" Shane asked and laughed. Shaking his head his black hair fell in his eyes. "I suppose it would explain the whole running away from me before, thing." he reasoned and smiled, "Even though I never insulted you." not out loud anyway....., he thought as he looked at her curiously:

message 11: by Chickie (new)

Chickie  (piercetheveilluver) "I apologize. I have....a Bi-polar disorder. It messes with my emotions. Oh, My name is Minnie Mose. What's yours?" She smiled sweetly. It proved she had a disorder. Before, she would have yelled at him but now she was sweet and caring.

( ˘ ³˘)♥ Jay "Shane Winters." He said hesitantly, and didnt offer hia hand for her to shake. For all he knew she could try and rip his face off in the next few seconds. "So any matchee potentials yet?" he asked and smiled at her, he was good at keeping up the act. No one knew he wasnt the arrogant, flirty, sometimes jerkwad guy he always seemed to be.

message 13: by Chickie (new)

Chickie  (piercetheveilluver) Minnie nodded,"Nice name." She smiled, ignoring his later comment. She said,"How old are you? 17 or 18?" She watched him, not angry at all. Her pills kept her quite calm. Minnie bit her lip, her black lips seeming odd on her pale skin now.

( ˘ ³˘)♥ Jay "18. You're what 17 and like 3 months?" He asked just taking a random guess. Shane watched her curiously, she seemed like a normal girl. Like somone he could actually be friends with. At that thought he shut his thoughts off, making friends would do no good. No he had to stay focused and find some girl and keep alive.

message 15: by Chickie (new)

Chickie  (piercetheveilluver) Minnie smiled,"17 and 6 months. Very close though." She glanced around and then picked a black rose. The thorn didn't pierce her sling because of her black gloves. She smiled and gave Shane the rose,"Here. Keep it and it will remind you of the girl who is about to tell you being a jerk isn't good. The more arrogant you are the more likely you are to disappear, or die as I like to call it."

( ˘ ³˘)♥ Jay Shane laughed but took the rose, "Who says I'm a jerk?" he asked and chuckled, "Aren't men supposed to hand these to ladies?" he asked smirking at her and then shaking his head, "M&M you are one strange girl." he said a bit of awe in his voice. It was cool, her differentness.

message 17: by Chickie (new)

Chickie  (piercetheveilluver) Minnie shrugged,"Boys are too shy and you act like a jerk. As for being strange, thank you. That's a compliment in my book. Word of advice, I'll hurt you if you make one remark against my Bi-polar Disorder." She smiled sweetly.

( ˘ ³˘)♥ Jay Shane chuckled, "It was nice meeting you, Minnie. Alas I should go find some young lady to dance with and sweep off her feet." He smiled and shrugged. "Perhaps we'll meet again?" he asked already starting to back down the path and towards the ballroom to make his first appearance.

message 19: by Chickie (new)

Chickie  (piercetheveilluver) Minnie smiled,"I doubt it. Oh, wait!" She ran after him,"If you meet a boy named Mick, tell him...I'm sorry. Please!" She asked begging him. She bit her lip worried.

( ˘ ³˘)♥ Jay Shane nodded, "Will do." he said oblivious to any sense of despair as he ruffled her hair and heade off to the ballroom. He smiled to himself as he walked off and put the rose in the brest of his tux.

message 21: by Chickie (new)

Chickie  (piercetheveilluver) Minnie giggled,"Bye Shane Winters." She smiled and walked off to another place. Mmm...she was itching for some chaos.

*Mrs. Brightside* Hunter couldn't believe that he was outside, again. But this time, he was in the garden--alone. Hm. He didn't want to be alone. Ah, well, maybe someone will find him. He smirked at the sudden idea of playing Hide and Seek. Wouldn't that be interesting. He hasn't played little kid games in awhile, but that was a good thing. It was still nice to act like a fool, though. What guy didn't? As long as everyone knew he was mature, he would be fine.

He walked slowly, taking his time to look at the different flowers. Roses, lilies, dandelions... You name it, he saw it. He wondered what the flowers looked like in broad daylight. Probably colorful, bright. After a few minutes, he decided to sit down on one of the benches. He looked up at the dark sky, the stars winking at him.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

"So," Jane said, giving Carter a little smile, "Is there anything that we can actually talk about?" she asked. "Like, that isn't something that has permanently scarred your past or mine," she said, almost jokingly.

message 24: by Adena (last edited Jun 07, 2012 10:34PM) (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Carter laughed, then realized that she was right. There wasn't much in his life that he actually wanted to talk about. "How do you feel about the masquerade?" he asked, glancing around to make sure nobody was too close. "Your actual opinion, not that stuff about it being necessary for a stable society or whatever."

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

((Yep, she did))

"Well," Jane said, "I'm not going to lie, I've been waiting for it most of my life. I think that, had I had a more... normal childhood, I might have a different opinion about it. To me, it's always been the way to get out of the house forever and maybe get a happy end," she finished, most carefully. She prayed that Carter's opinion didn't flat out contradict hers. "And you?"

*Mrs. Brightside* Hunter tensed when he heard voices, looking around for the sources. He saw them - a couple. He had to stifle a groan. Okay, maybe he shouldn't assume things; they could be just friends. He almost snorted. Yeah, it seemed like every time he saw a girl with a guy, they were most likely together. He hated to say this, but...some of the girls that actually wanted to find love...well, let's just say he hoped that they weren't desperate. Some girls were practically screaming that at him. Then again, some girls wanted to make sure that they found The One, so they were even more careful, talking to more than one male.

Hunter felt awkward, not wanting to leave, but not wanting to stay. Can someone say third wheel? Maybe if he occupied himself with something, they would ignore him. Or they would want privacy, and leave. Damn. He really needed to socialize, or he'd go insane. Now that he thought about it, he should really look for a girl, if he didn't want to end up alone.

message 27: by Adena (last edited Jun 08, 2012 03:09PM) (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) ♢ Aubree ♢ wrote: "((Yep, she did))

"Well," Jane said, "I'm not going to lie, I've been waiting for it most of my life. I think that, had I had a more... normal childhood, I might have a different opinion about it. ..."

"Basically the same," Carter said. "Growing up I thought it was stupid, just another way for the government to keep us subdued and controlled. And it is, but I don't really care anymore. I hate my house and I can't stand even looking at my parents after what happened to my brother. The sooner I get out, the better." Carter looked down at the stone path as they walked. He hadn't meant to say that much, it had just sort of happened, but he was surprised to find that he felt a little better. "Sorry if that was a little harsh," he added, thinking that she probably hadn't been expecting that.

message 28: by Kit (new)

Kit (kitkong) Scarlet giggled,"Well I guess that's one way to get them to stop,but I prefer no violence."She smiled sweetly at him,"So tell me about yourself.Is there any kind of girl you're looking for or do you just hope to meet her and feel something?"She bit her lip and looked at him.She hoped he felt something for her.He was just so easy going and she loved talking to him.She had never been like that with strangers and she was really starting to like him.

message 29: by ichigo_menthol (last edited Jun 08, 2012 09:56PM) (new)

ichigo_menthol | 167 comments "Because you are so sweet and helpful?" Pietre asked, smiling at her. As they strolled through the first part of the Garden, he plucked a red flower from an overhanging branch and twirled it around with his fingers while pondering over her question. "This sounds like a line plucked from a play but I'm waiting for fate to bring her to me, since I am much too lazy to actually walk around and dance with every single maiden in the ball and check if she is the right one. And if I don't find her by tonight I suppose I'll see her in the afterlife. Then we can prance around and frollick in hell's flames" he joked about the last part, lauhging quietly to himself.

message 30: by Kit (new)

Kit (kitkong) Scarlet smiled,hoping she was the right one for him.She wanted it so badly,but not wanting to be selfish she didn't say anything but smiled at him.Her smile brought out her dimples and she watched him with her bright blue eyes.How she wanted him to realize her feelings...What was she thinking?She had never been one for these selfish desires she must let him choose and not because eh felt obligated...It's not like she stood a chance against anyone anyways.

message 31: by ichigo_menthol (new)

ichigo_menthol | 167 comments Pietre looked back up at her, still chuckling but it died. He didn't know why, the moonlight possibly? She positively glowed. Bright blue eyes and an amazing smile with dimples. Her skin looked creamy and smooth and his fingers itched to caress it but he just shook his head slightly and looked back down at his flower. He wanted to remove her mask and see her. "You really do have a seductive smile. Be careful with it" he murmured, raising an eyebrow, but he didn't hold her gaze. "You might catch someone you wouldn't want."

message 32: by Kit (new)

Kit (kitkong) Scarlet felt like she was being rejected but wasn't sure,she was confused."I will,but I already know who I want to catch...and I'm pretty sure he won;t choose me.I'm too plain and there are plenty of other beautiful girls here."She leaned her head against his arm,"How will I even get anyone?Who would want me?I'm always told that I'm so nice and selfless that I would probably give away the one I want if another girl wanted him.I used to think it true but now,I
know who I want and I want to have him."She stopped walking and looked at him.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Adena ~ La folie est la source d'inspiration wrote: "♢ Aubree ♢ wrote: "((Yep, she did))

"Well," Jane said, "I'm not going to lie, I've been waiting for it most of my life. I think that, had I had a more... normal childhood, I might have a different..."

"I completely understand and agree," Jane said honestly. "My mother... isn't the most maternal type, and the sooner I get away from her, the better. She tried to keep me from going last year... but it's illegal to wait longer now, so she has to. Not that any of the stuff she does is legal," she said, then clamped her mouth shut. Trust her to say something like that."

message 34: by ichigo_menthol (last edited Jun 08, 2012 10:28PM) (new)

ichigo_menthol | 167 comments Pietre stopped with her and didn't pull away when she leaned against him. Hearing her say she already had a guy on her mind felt like a punch in the face. Wake up sleepy sleepy. She had someone else in mind. "Don't be down. You're flawless and charismatic. You'll charm anyone you meet and capture their hearts within seconds. Here" he said, settling the flower he had been holding into her hands. He closed his larger hands around hers so she wouldn't drop it or anything. He smiled sadly. "I have no idea why I gave it to you."

message 35: by Adena (last edited Jun 08, 2012 10:33PM) (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) ♢ Aubree ♢ wrote: "Adena ~ La folie est la source d'inspiration wrote: "♢ Aubree ♢ wrote: "((Yep, she did))

"Well," Jane said, "I'm not going to lie, I've been waiting for it most of my life. I think that, had I had..."

Carter raised an eyebrow. His parents were bad - terrible actually - but they didn't do anything illegal, at least not that he knew of. "If I'm prying you don't have to answer, but what does your mother do?" he asked curiously. Jane was a more than decent girl, which meant that whatever her mother did couldn't have that big of an influence on her, but then again, he could be wrong.

message 36: by Kit (last edited Jun 08, 2012 10:35PM) (new)

Kit (kitkong) Scarlet sighed when she saw his sad smile,he was rejecting her."Maybe I can have anyone but I want him.He's nice to me and funny and perfect.I've never met a man who can make my heart flutter like he does who makes me breathless."She got a far away look in her eyes and face."I would have no regrets if he choose me....If I had one regret it would if I hadn't helped him after he fell down the stairs at the entrance.I would have missed my chance on meeting a wonderful guy."

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Jane hesitated, unsure of if she should trust hun. Glancig around and finding that no one else was around to hear, she spoke in a low voice, almost a whisper. "She... sells her body... to people... for money," she said. "And she wanted me to be like her." She bit her lip, waiting for him to be disgusted at what a disgrace her mother was to society and leave her without a second thought/

message 38: by ichigo_menthol (new)

ichigo_menthol | 167 comments Pietre was growing increasingly depressed as she spoke of this man like he was a god. He started to rais an eyebrow at her dreamy expression. This has got to be the most awkward moment in his entire life. Ha, not like he really has a life. He was going to say something but then she said something which made his heart stop. "Wait-Me?" he asked with wide eyes, pointing to himself. He blinked once, twice. It was him. Unelss she had helped up another guy who just so happened to fall down the stairs aswell. He was so wonderfully flattered.

message 39: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Carter was genuinely surprised, but tried to keep his face neutral. "Wow, I, um, wasn't expecting that," he said. "I'm really sorry, but I'm glad you didn't follow in her footsteps." Carter felt complied to reveal something about himself, since she had trusted him with something personal. "My mother barely even speaks. Most days she sits sits on the couch, just staring. It's like living with a zombie. And my dad drinks. A lot. He consumes more alcohol than he does water. He's loud and angry, but not violent. Most of the time," he said.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

"Oh," Jane said. "I'm sorry." She almost felt like she should tell him why she'd pulled away back in the ballroom. She'd already said so much, and so had he. Besides, she liked him. She didn't know if he was The One, however, she liked him. She trusted him, like she had trusted Anastasia. "She has... methods of trying to make me be like her. That's... that's why I pulled away. It triggered... how she..." She trailed off, bot even being able to finish.

message 41: by Kit (new)

Kit (kitkong) Coming out of her daydream,Scarlet gasped at what she had just admitted.With a bright blush she nodded,"Yes, you.Do you honestly not see the way I look at you?"She sighed and looked at the ground."But I know you'll never pick me..I'm too plain and there's probably a lot of girls who want you and you're attention.So I understand if you don't want to hang out with me anymore,"She told him in a soft voice.

message 42: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) ♢ Aubree ♢ wrote: ""Oh," Jane said. "I'm sorry." She almost felt like she should tell him why she'd pulled away back in the ballroom. She'd already said so much, and so had he. Besides, she liked him. She didn't know..."

Carter understood what she was trying to say. He had a little bit of experience with that, but it seemed like her case was much worse. "Oh, well I'm really sorry about before in the ball room," he apologized. "I didn't realize."

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Adena ~ La folie est la source d'inspiration wrote: "♢ Aubree ♢ wrote: ""Oh," Jane said. "I'm sorry." She almost felt like she should tell him why she'd pulled away back in the ballroom. She'd already said so much, and so had he. Besides, she liked h..."

Jane looked down. "It's fine. There is no way you could have known," she said. She glanced up, meeting his eyes - and for the first time she realized how much taller than her he was. "You shouldn't be sorry."

message 44: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) Carter shrugged. "Well I still feel bad about it," he said, glancing sideways at her. The way the lights in the garden were twinkling really lit up her eyes. He smiled at her. "This place is really beautiful," he said, looking around. "But it doesn't even begin to compare to you," he added.

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Jane felt her cheeks burn with blush. "Thank you," she said, unsure of how to respond to something like this. She'd never really had friends and when she saw people, they were her mother's friends - or clients - and the only compliment she ever got was, 'You look just like your mother!'

message 46: by Adena (new)

Adena Wright (adenaw) "No problem," Carter said. He was really starting to like this girl and hoped the feeling was mutual. The masquerade wasn't as bad as he'd originally thought it would be. "Would you like to go back inside?" he asked. "We could check out the rest of the mansion, I hear it's pretty cool," he said.

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Jane nodded, smiling at him. "That sounds lovely," she said. She truly was enjoying her time spent with Carter; he was nice and easygoing and not at all what Nataliya had told her men were like. She rather liked him, and some of her fears were erased as she realized he didn't look down on her for what her mother did. It seemed that they had more in common than they had orginally realized.

((Off to bed; it's been a big day))

message 48: by ichigo_menthol (new)

ichigo_menthol | 167 comments Talk about pressure. Lots of girls would be feeling the same way, thinking they won't be picked because they're not pretty. Everyone needed a self-esteem boost. He sighed, tightening his hold on her hands. They have just met. He didn't know her name, but he preferred her to be a mystery. "Hearing you say this depresses me," he admitted, lifting her chin up with his finger, he cocked his head, even though she wouldn't be able to see his expression with the rabbit mask on, completely covering his face. "Do you think I am so shallow to choose my company by looks? No. This is why it is called a masquerade. Sweet and helpful, it hurts to see you so sad and I would kiss you but truthfully we met only twenty minutes ago. And it would seem un gentlemanly." He smirked.

message 49: by Kit (new)

Kit (kitkong) Scarlet blushed and looked into his eyes."So it would be un gentlemanly,"She giggled and smiled softly."And I'm not sweet and helpful.I just like putting others before me,I'm not used telling people what I want.I was afraid to tell you,I don't want you to choose me because you feel obligated too.I want you to choose me because you want me and no one else."She blushed,leaned forward,and kissed the cheek of his mask.

Skittles- The World Is a Wonderful Place... :) Angelina stepped into the garden. Her long, elegant, green and black ball gown just barely touched the ground as she walked. She reached up to her face and felt her mask, the only thing keeping her identity safe. She liked the garden, the large flowers had a sickly good smell. The pathway was made from a polished marble and there were benches everywhere. Angelina sat on a bench and folded her hands in her lap. She looked up at the stars and sighed.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7