Scarlet Garden *Masquerade* (Advanced) discussion

First Level > Ball Room

Comments Showing 1-50 of 1,096 (1096 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 21 22

message 1: by rosebee, Moonshine Sparkle, that's my stripper name. (new)

rosebee (rose33) | 1319 comments Mod
This is where everyone dances...There's a band on the stage...they only play old style songs. Which means you won't be dancing to anything remotely fast. They take no requests.

message 2: by Matthew (last edited Jun 05, 2012 02:23PM) (new)

Matthew (phoebus) | 245 comments Theodore entered the ballroom. Now the question as how far should he go to with his little act. He watched as guys and girls entered, each of them wrapped in the webbed of lies that the government so skillfully wove.

~♡~UninspiredAlchemist~♥~ Willo walked in, marveling at he archetecture. She stared around the balroom, shivering slightly at the thought of finding her true love in here.

message 4: by yael (new)

yael Andraya walked in the ballroom. Her smile plastered on her face, but she hid the anger that bubbled inside her. She hated it here. It was more like a death sentence and love filled festivity. She kept her head high, and adjusted her mask.

message 5: by Matthew (new)

Matthew (phoebus) | 245 comments Theodore leaned against the wall that laid next to the entrance to the ballroom. Theodore heart was not pounding with excitement, no, on the contrary it was pounding with an all together different emotion. As Theodore stood their in the ball room, what he felt was a twang of resentment for the this place.

~♡~UninspiredAlchemist~♥~ Willo didnt feel quite ready to dance yet. She wanted to exlore a little more, find somewhre to calm her nerves. She managed to squezze back through the door.

Skittles- The World Is a Wonderful Place... :) Eloise brightened when she saw the ballroom. It was beautiful. She thought about her sisters, home with there husbands that they met here. She thought about her parents and how they were forcing her to do this. One of the men here would be her husband.

Skittles- The World Is a Wonderful Place... :) Eloise left the ballroom, she wanted to find a good place to read.

message 9: by ℋɑƞƞɑℎ (new)

ℋɑƞƞɑℎ | 119 comments Anilee found herself in the ballroom, well of course this is where the majority of people would be going. She bit her lip and walked over to one of the walls. She didn't like being in a position where the only way she could do something is if someone asked her to, like dancing because dancing alone possibly wasn't the best bet. She realized she was smiling at her own stupid little joke.

message 10: by yael (new)

yael Andraya fifn't feel like dancing. If her brother was here, he would surely be surprised. A memory popped into her head, and she looked around the ballroom. Where is Dante ayway? She slowly walked out of the ballroom in curiousity.

message 11: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (treeclimber419) Caprice walked in, the light hitting her mask. She sighed softly seeing almost no one was there and if they were no one was dancing. She spotted a guy who looked about as thrilled as she was. She nodded her head towards him softly as she walked around the ballroom for a moment, taking in the music that never seems to age.

message 12: by Matthew (new)

Matthew (phoebus) | 245 comments Theodore straightened his shoulders. Well, it seems it's time to get started. He quickly watched as the different girls walked into the Ball Room, each waiting to be asked...Theodore walked over to one in a elegant red dress, being what he was taught all his life, he asked her,"Does the lady mind if I ask for a dance?"(Arlandria)

message 13: by ℋɑƞƞɑℎ (new)

ℋɑƞƞɑℎ | 119 comments Anilee watched as everyone started dancing. The slow, old style music, the swish of elegant dresses, the soft click of heels. She licked her lips and decided she was done here right now. She silently started to walk towards the exit.

message 14: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (treeclimber419) Caprice decided that she needed a drink to cool her nerves of being here and feeling the presure before she'd start dancing.

message 15: by Matthew (last edited Jun 05, 2012 02:48PM) (new)

Matthew (phoebus) | 245 comments Theodore took her land and led her across the dance floor. From his aristocratic upbringing he was taught since he could walk how to dance. As they weaved their way through the music Theodore spoke," I seemed to have neglected to introduce myself, the name's Theodore Lupin."

message 16: by Matthew (new)

Matthew (phoebus) | 245 comments "A name fitting it's holder" Theodore responded, his eyes spoke of that of a polite gentleman. Underneath though, he his mind was far from the exterior. Theodore watched her, her warm brown hair, her shining blue eyes, all of this worked together with her scarlet dress. Theodore would have thought her beautiful, but he didn't time for such disdained thoughts."And so the masquerade begins", he said out loud, though it wasn't particularly directed towards anyone.

message 17: by Matthew (new)

Matthew (phoebus) | 245 comments "I am eighteen, I've only been here at the Masquerade for a few short minutes, perhaps nearly fifteen" Theodore answered, turning his mind back to her. Theodore could tell what her views on the masquerade were by looking, she was like one of them, here expecting to find a spouse and happily ever after. Theodore kept his expression far from that of his inner thoughts, he smiled and his eyes were warm and welcoming.

message 18: by Matthew (new)

Matthew (phoebus) | 245 comments Theodore smiled at the question, a different smile then that of before, for this one carried amusement. He leaned in an whispered in her ear, so that no one else can hear him,"There is more to the Masquerade then simply an old custom. What I believe, is in not somethign you can see, but something that can be felt. Our government is skilled at what it does, and what it does best is the weave the hearts the people. I, however, don't plan on living life as one of their puppets" With that he leaned back away, and the expression from before returned. Theodore let go of her hands,"Thanks for the dance, perhaps we aren't meant to be togehter, but I consider you to be someone to remembered. Sorry to leave you here on the dance floor, but one such as yourself should find no problem swooning another guy into dancing with you..." As he spoke those last words, he stepped back into the crowd of dancers, disappearing from sight as he weaved his way through the sea.

message 19: by €ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ, No Comment (new)

€ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ | 818 comments Mod
Anastasia carefully made her way into the ballroom, standing in the doorway a moment to look around at all the people crowing inside. The girls, of course, were trying to get the cutest boy's attention by any means necessary. There seemed to be a couple of teens already making out in one of the corners, and the boys were checking out anything with a pulse that had hips. "Disguesting," she said a little too loud than necessary and shook her head, moving into the room a bit, knowing there was no way out of it.

message 20: by Killer Queen (new)

Killer Queen (evilbutterflies) Maxim found the ball room rather easily. He just followed the music and laughter. It was such a shame that everybody had to hide their faces behind a mask. Not that he cared, but he would enjoy being able to actually see people and see normally without a line between his eyes.

*悲剧的面具*~{thingAWESOME}~ | 517 comments Ren walked into the ball room and looked around. I should probably turn around and just sit by the stairs, he thought to himself. He mutely started back towards the room's only exit.

message 22: by €ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ, No Comment (last edited Jun 05, 2012 05:25PM) (new)

Fixing her mask to make sure it was straight, she moved aside to let another guy in. "Well, at least someone else is happy to be here," Anastasia commented, glancing around for an open table to sit at around the side of the dancefloor.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

►►♫ Elizabeth ♫◄◄ wrote: "Anastasia carefully made her way into the ballroom, standing in the doorway a moment to look around at all the people crowing inside. The girls, of course, were trying to get the cutest boy's atte..."

Jane glided gracefully into the ballroom, observing her surroundings. She stood up straight, her head held high but not aloft, and made her way around the ballroom. If she could not find a dance partner, perhaps she could make a friend. That would be nice. A good friend to maybe talk to about her - no, she was getting way ahead of herself. She wasn't even watching where she was going, she accidentally bumped lightly into another girl. "Oh, I am sorry, I was not watching where I was going. Please do excuse me."

message 24: by Jmart (new)

Jmart When Derek step in he was overwhelm at the decoration and how many poor teenage`s that are pack in just this place. For a moment he felt foolish wearing his spike collar and still had his lip ring in but then the feeling pass. Fixing his red devil mask he move over to a dark corner to lurk in.

message 25: by €ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ, No Comment (new)

Turning around to see another girl smiling at her, Anastasia righted herself and readjusted her mask again, not the last for tonight. "No, it's okay. It can be a bit hectic in here." Anastasia replied, gesturing at the many other people in the room dancing to the music.

*悲剧的面具*~{thingAWESOME}~ | 517 comments Ren stopped and just went to sit at an empty table. He listened to the ancient, slow music. He sighed and glanced around the room. There was no chance any of the girls here would come over to talk to him, and he was never going to talk to them. So why was he even here?

message 27: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 05, 2012 05:33PM) (new)

"Hectic, yet a sort of good kind of hectic. Almost like organized chaos," Jane said. She smiled, holding out her hand. "Jane Harkness. It's a pleasure to meet you." With her other hand she brushed a bit of hair that had fallen into her face.

message 28: by Jmart (new)

Jmart Derek wince at the disturbing music playing and frown. Are they trying to murder us all? He though, even though the music wasn`t as bad as he was thinking it was.

Skittles- The World Is a Wonderful Place... :) Ellie walked back into the ballroom and looked around. There were a lot of People in there. She walked over to white stone wall and leaned against it, half hoping someone would ask her to dance, and half hoping she would go unnoticed.

Me, Myself, and I Dracy walked into the room, and her automatic thought was instantly, 'Well, isn't this fancy?' She muttered a curse as she tottered slightly on her heels, her hand coming up to settle the mask firmly over her eyes as she glanced around for a spot that didn't scream "New-comer." Keeping her eyes downcast, she moved toward the tables, trying not to appear as nervous as she was.

message 31: by *悲剧的面具*~{thingAWESOME}~ (last edited Jun 05, 2012 05:42PM) (new)

*悲剧的面具*~{thingAWESOME}~ | 517 comments He glanced up at her, slightly shocked that she was even talking to him. He took her hand "Ren" he said in his low, honey-sweet voice. "you can sit if you want."

message 32: by €ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ, No Comment (new)

Katoptris wrote: ""Hectic, yet a sort of good kind of hectic. Almost like organized chaos," Jane said. She smiled, holding out her hand. "Jane Harkness. It's a pleasure to meet you." With her other hand she brushed ..."

((OH MY GOSH!! I JUST GOT THE NAME!!! :D))

Anastasia smiled, already liking the girl. Most of the girls here were wearing very...revealing dresses and were really putting on a show. But this girl, Jane, was actually taking time out of the precous hours they had to talk to another girl like they were friends. "It's a wonderful pleasure, Jane. My name is Anastasia Josephine Jackson." Gimacing a bit, she looked around again for a table and ran her hand down her dress to smooth it out, "Would you like to sit down? These heels are killing me."

message 33: by Jmart (new)

Jmart Derek look around and saw Dracy crossing the room ducking her head. Sadly she did scream New-comer with a Neon sign above her head.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Jane smiled. "Sure," she said, "this masquerade isn't ending anytime soon, so why not? We've got some time. Besides, my shoes aren't all that comfortable either. Are formal shoes not allowed to be comfortable, or something?" Thinking back, she'd almost considered showing up shoeless.

*悲剧的面具*~{thingAWESOME}~ | 517 comments He shook his head mutely. He looked at her. "How are you liking the masquerade so far?" he asked politely.

message 36: by €ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ, No Comment (new)

Katoptris wrote: "Jane smiled. "Sure," she said, "this masquerade isn't ending anytime soon, so why not? We've got some time. Besides, my shoes aren't all that comfortable either. Are formal shoes not allowed to be ..."

"Apparently not," Anastasia said, rolling her eyes and spotting a table with a couple of people at it. Pointing it out to Jane, she shrugged, "I think that's the only one with seats." Beginning to walk over, Ana tried to avoid all the people as best as she could. Deep down, she hoped someone would ask her, but she wasn't about to get all desperate as the other girls here.

message 37: by Me, Myself, and I (last edited Jun 05, 2012 05:48PM) (new)

Me, Myself, and I Dracy blinked, feeling eyes on her, and she looked up, meeting a stranger's gaze. She hesitated, faltering a step and nearly stumbling on her freaking heels. She growled and ducked her head again, all but running to the hideout of an empty table.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

►►♫ Elizabeth ♫◄◄ wrote: "Katoptris wrote: "Jane smiled. "Sure," she said, "this masquerade isn't ending anytime soon, so why not? We've got some time. Besides, my shoes aren't all that comfortable either. Are formal shoes ..."

"So," Jane said, trying to make friendly conversation, "what are you planning to do after this as far as careers and jobs go?" she asked. She sat down at the table, carefully removing her shoes under the table and crossing her ankles delicately.

((I've got to go for dinner, be back at like... 45 minutes to an hour and a half at most. I'll be on again. I have to type my science study guide anyway.))

Skittles- The World Is a Wonderful Place... :) Eloise watched girls flirt with guys, the guys didn't seem to be trying. Eloise descides that if a guy wanted to talk to her, then he would. But for now the would just stick to the wall like a fly and watch the drama unfold.

message 40: by Jmart (new)

Jmart Derek watch a amuse seeing the girl stumble and almost kiss the floor. He almost made him smile but his face stay blank. He push off the wall he was leaning in to get some juice or something.

((They do have snacks their??))

*悲剧的面具*~{thingAWESOME}~ | 517 comments He nodded "more than i thought there would be." he murmured. He glanced around at all the girls that he stood absolutely no chance with. They probably wanted a guy that was outgoing and charming. Not a mute sob story like him.

~♡~UninspiredAlchemist~♥~ Willo walkd into the ballroom, watching people dance, before she stood by herself next to the wall. She only spoke if talked to, so she really didnt know how to start a conversation with somebody.

message 43: by €ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ, No Comment (new)

Katoptris wrote: "►►♫ Elizabeth ♫◄◄ wrote: "Katoptris wrote: "Jane smiled. "Sure," she said, "this masquerade isn't ending anytime soon, so why not? We've got some time. Besides, my shoes aren't all that comfortabl..."

((Okay, I might get her to dance with Derek in the meantime, just so my character is doing something productive.))

Thinking for a moment, she looked around the room again to see another guy ((*cough cough* DEREK *cough cough*)) not too far away. Before he caught her looking, she turned back to face Jane. "I...I actually don't know. I love traveling, but I don't know what I could do with that." Ana admitted, having not really thought about it before.

*悲剧的面具*~{thingAWESOME}~ | 517 comments He tensed. "i guess i'm okay." he said looking at her. He was basically a pro at slow dancing, but he would never admit it to himself.

Me, Myself, and I Dracy shook out her long hair, wanting nothing more then to turn right around and head back home. Her brain raced with silent insults at the government who'd come up with this wonderful idea. "The music isn't even good." The words came from her mouth without a thought and she bit down on her lip. Not wanting to look as alone as she felt, she turned back away from the empty table. Her eyes scanned the room for an escape, any escape.

message 46: by Jmart (last edited Jun 05, 2012 05:58PM) (new)

Jmart Derek examine at the different type of drink they were displaying with confusion when he felt someone staring at him. He glance over his shoulder at((*cough* Ana*cough* )) table not sure which girl or boy was looking.

message 47: by €ℒᓰzᗩßℯЋ ツ, No Comment (new)

Jmart wrote: "Derek examine at the different type of drink they were displaying with confusion when he felt someone staring at him. He glance over his shoulder at((*cough* *cough* Ana)) table not sure which girl..."

Jane seemed occupied at the moment, so Ana turned in her seat to watch the crowd dance. Someone caught in her perepherial vision and she glanced sideways to see the boy looking in her direction. She smiled, but looked away quickly again, wondering if he had noticed her or not.

Skittles- The World Is a Wonderful Place... :) Eloise went and grabbed some food and sat at a table. She ate slowly, the food was amazing. She had an amazing soup made of peaches and pork softer then bread. Once she finished her food she looked for someone to talk to.

*悲剧的面具*~{thingAWESOME}~ | 517 comments Alex de Lioncourt wrote: "Arlandria smirked. "Maybe you can let me judge..." she said, trailing off, praying he would ask her to dance..."

He got the hint. Here goes nothing.... He stood up and cleared his throat as he held a hand out towards her. "Would you care to dance?"

Me, Myself, and I Dracy's eyes raked around the room, longingly hoping for an exit. Of any kind. Not seeing one, she started walking idling toward the refreshment bar. The room was starting to feel a little hot from all the dancing bodies and, with a smirk, she briefly considering pouring water over her head to cool down. If fancy people even serve water.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 21 22