Twilight (The Twilight Saga, #1) Twilight discussion

Anti-Twilight

Comments Showing 1-50 of 157 (157 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm so sick an tired of seeing Twilight crap all over the place.

This is a discussion were people like me, who absolutley hate the series and wishes they could take back the time they took reading on it, and rant about how much they hate the series.

message 2: by Will (new) - rated it 1 star

Will IV So, you're sick of seeing Twilight everywhere, therefore, you want to talk about Twilight. Sigh.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes, I'm sick an tired of seeing "Team this or team that?" "What do you think if this hair style?" "Is his dick large enough for this?" FUCK IT!

I made this, for my bitchy satisfaction, to know that there are other people out there who's not afraid to post on these fucking threads just to talk shit about Twilight.

You might think I'm immature-sure I'm an immature 17 year old who's fucking sick of sparkely vampires when they should gt out from under their rock and see real men save the world. Watch the Avengers!

message 4: by Will (last edited Jun 03, 2012 08:56AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Will IV “Learning to ignore things is one of the great paths to inner peace.”
― Robert J. Sawyer

message 5: by Will (new) - rated it 1 star

Will IV I understand your frustration, though.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Will wrote: "“Learning to ignore things is one of the great paths to inner peace.”
― Robert J. Sawyer, Calculating God"

Yeah...not really good at that XD if something annoys me, I tend to bitch back at it and retaliate.

message 7: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Wow. Maybe try to not get so very worked up over a book and the online discussions that go along with it. When I hate something, I try to avoid it. You don't want to see discussions about Twilight? Delete the book from your listing so you don't have to see the discussions anymore. You're not doing your health any good getting this wound up about it :)

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Eh, well, you don't know me in real life ;) which might be a good thing. People who I don't like, aviod me; and if you don't like this thread- don't comment, ever thought of that one?

message 9: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy I'm as free to comment on something as you are. I was more commenting about your extreme aversion to Twilight than disliking the thread.

message 10: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 02, 2012 10:33PM) (new)

;) Well then, that's nice, but I dont really care...I really just made this for shits and giggles to see if I can actually get people to band together in the band of hating Twilight.

¡Viva la rebelión!

Haha! I'm not one for conformity, I guess you could say that's one of my most proudest aspects I actually like about myself; and I know I may stand alone in what I believe in or want, but that is not going to stop me.

And although I know that this thread may not be posted on, but I'm not going to delete it, oh no! That goes against my rebellious nature and spirit! It would be more true to myself if I kept it up for others to see so they know that their nothing special.
Oh yes, I'm a selfconfidence crusher. I don't do it for the pleasure of myself or to build up my confidence (I've been told that I should bottle mine and sell it) I just do it because I'm a realist at heart and everyone is unique....just like everyone else.

message 11: by Tangled (last edited Jun 03, 2012 12:07AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Tangled  Speculation Is this the thread where I say people who like to dump on Twilight are just haters who think it's cool not to like stuff?

Just kidding. I had a negative emotional reaction to several aspect of the books too--though I thought the story had potential in the first book (which is why I got sucked in to reading the series). I suppose I could have just stopped reading the books, but that isn't in my nature. Still, we can't exactly censor the world just so we don't have to see things that may annoy us. All we can do is answer with our own ideas when we are so inclined.

Enjoy your troll thread. :)

message 12: by C.D. (last edited Jun 03, 2012 12:19AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

C.D. Hussey Tangled wrote: "...people...who think it's cool not to like stuff"

Then you might be a hipster...

Or a "rebellious" teenager.

Tangled  Speculation C.D. wrote: "Tangled wrote: "...people...who think it's cool not to like stuff"

Or a "rebellious" teenager."

What if I am a "rebellious" aging hipster who resents the enthusiasm of youth? Put me down for "sour-mouthed spinster" and get off of my lawn.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

XDD

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Tangled wrote: "Is this the thread where I say people who like to dump on Twilight are just haters who think it's cool not to like stuff?

Just kidding. I had a negative emotional reaction to several aspect of th..."

*bows* thank you!

message 16: by Gerd (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gerd Ellia {The girl you don't want to piss off} wrote: "This is a discussion were people like me, who absolutley hate the series and wishes they could take back the time they took readi..."

And therefore you decided to waste more of your time on pointless ranting?
Figures!

message 17: by C.D. (new) - rated it 3 stars

C.D. Hussey Tangled wrote: "C.D. wrote: "Tangled wrote: "...people...who think it's cool not to like stuff"

What if I am a "rebellious" aging hipster who resents..."

Tangled, I didn't mean you in particular. I was just making a funny.

Tangled  Speculation C.D. wrote: "Tangled wrote: "C.D. wrote: "Tangled wrote: "...people...who think it's cool not to like stuff"

What if I am a "rebellious" aging hi..."

Me too. I was going for self-depreciating humor. I failed. :) We're cool.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Tangled wrote: "C.D. wrote: "Tangled wrote: "C.D. wrote: "Tangled wrote: "...people...who think it's cool not to like stuff"

What if I am a "rebelli..."

Indeed, some people on here just can't appreciate those with spunk and attitude ;P

message 20: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Ellia {The girl you don't want to piss off} wrote: "Gerd wrote: "Ellia {The girl you don't want to piss off} wrote: "This is a discussion were people like me, who absolutley hate the series and wishes they could take back the time they took readi......"

I don't consider this "spunk" or "attitude."

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Well then you must lack personality, you also don't know me in realy life-which is a good thing cause I don't want to know you.

Besides, what you consider or think doens't mean shit to me :)

message 22: by Bill (new) - rated it 1 star

Bill Golden Personally, I'm on Team Crow:

First, read Vampire$.

Then, picture every leech staked and sun-baked as having Edward's face.

Finally, enjoy the serenity that comes with knowing someone understands the true role of the vampire in literature: as a target.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Yerp! I've many a book were the vampire is hunted, doesn't sparkel; I mean the real vampire! Not this stupid shit- the vampires that can't be touched by the cross, can't go into the sunlight b/c they burn to a crisp (not turn into a disco ball) and the way a person is turned is they drink the person's blood and the person drinks their blood; vampires are not poisonous snakes.

Kirby Tangled wrote: "What if I am a "rebellious" aging hipster who resents the enthusiasm of youth? Put me down for "sour-mouthed spinster" and get off of my lawn."

lol

message 25: by Cat (new) - rated it 3 stars

Cat There are hundreds of different myths about vampires, (though I have to say the Twilight one seem...strange?) you can't just lay down those rules and say all books must follow them.
I have to admit though, the books where the vampires are actual monsters (like I think they should be) and get hunted in crazy action scenes, are a lot better than Twilight stuff.
Ellia, I think you might be getting a little to worked up about this.

*book*lover* Ellia {The girl you don't want to piss off} wrote: "Yes, I'm sick an tired of seeing "Team this or team that?" "What do you think if this hair style?" "Is his dick large enough for this?" FUCK IT!

I made this, for my bitchy satisfaction, to know t..."

Get a life! Lol. Sounds like you need one. And your profanity is irritating.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Ehh, maybe, maybe not; but as I have said before, I don't care *shrugs*

message 28: by Cat (new) - rated it 3 stars

Cat Well maybe other people don't care about you opinions on Twilight. You hate it, we get it!

message 29: by Natalie (last edited Jun 03, 2012 01:02PM) (new) - added it

Natalie Ellia {The girl you don't want to piss off} wrote:

"and if you don't like this thread- don't comment, ever thought of that one?"

Okay, heres where I take issue: you telling someone not to comment on a thread they dislike....meanwhile you created it because you are sick of people commenting on something you dislike. Kinda' contradictory. So, that being said, haters and lovers shall post.

message 30: by Cat (new) - rated it 3 stars

Cat The thing is, it doesn't seem to be many Twilight haters actually posting. Just people against the idea of this discussion, and Ellia's views. Any one can post though.

*book*lover* Sara wrote: "The thing is, it doesn't seem to be many Twilight haters actually posting. Just people against the idea of this discussion, and Ellia's views. Any one can post though."

I think even the Twilight haters find this offensive. Lol.

message 32: by Bill (new) - rated it 1 star

Bill Golden Sara wrote: "There are hundreds of different myths about vampires, (though I have to say the Twilight one seem...strange?)..."

If you think Twilight's version of the vampire lore is odd, read Of Saints and Shadows... his version is extremely bizarre.

The role of the vampire in literature, however, was always as a seducer (and corrupter) of innocents. Reworking that role so the corrupter is some sort of benevolent sparkling presence (who just happens to drink blood) is perverse at best.

Tangled  Speculation Bill wrote: "The role of the vampire in literature, however, was always as a seducer (and corrupter) of innocents. Reworking that role so the corrupter is some sort of benevolent sparkling presence (who just happens to drink blood) is perverse at best.
"

That's why zombies are the new vampire. You can't crush on a rotting dead guy who's trying to eat your brains.

I have to admit I had impure non-stakey thoughts about Lestat as a teen--not that he was sweet and cuddly, but he wasn't the kind of evil you kill on sight.

message 34: by Christina (new) - added it

Christina In my opinion, Twilight is mediocre at best, but I don't completely despise it. After all, it did cure my boredom for a few days. While I don't utterly hate Twilight, I really do despise the hype that surrounds it. I can't see why it is deified; I honestly believe that there were perhaps books prior to the series--and definitely books that followed it--that did better jobs telling the same story or a story of like ilk at the very least. I've actually come to associate the term "bandwagon" with the Twilight saga, which reflects what I think of the popularity of it.

Ellia, I will say that you have to admit that there wouldn't be much to rebel against and complain about if Twilight--and other things that annoy you for that matter--didn't exist. I find that I am grateful for everything that allows for debate, and I am also appreciative of all opinions, for I would have nothing to bounce off of it weren't for them.

Also, if you like Fairy Tail, have you tried One Piece? I personally can't get into Fairy Tail because it seems like a knockoff of One Piece, but that opinion could just belong solely to me.

Morgana_lefay Christina wrote: "In my opinion, Twilight is mediocre at best, but I don't completely despise it. After all, it did cure my boredom for a few days. While I don't utterly hate Twilight, I really do despise the hype..."

Actually Fairy Tail is a bit of knckoff of One Piece because the mangaka really loves One Piece and was greatly inspired by it (or so says my sister who really loves fairy tail and havent read One Piece (I think maybe Rave is even more similar but I havent read it)

message 36: by Bill (new) - rated it 1 star

Bill Golden Tangled wrote: "That's why zombies are the new vampire."

Say what? Zombies have always been popular villains, way back into the early days of B-horror movies. They aren't supplanting vampires so much as vampires are looked at more and more as acceptable "good guys"... which is absolutely insane, as we're talking about supernatural beings that DRINK BLOOD to live.

Lestat wasn't a "good" guy so much as an anti-hero, and I always figured that The Vampire Lestat was written as "damage control" for himself after Louis ratted him and all of the other leeches out in Interview with the Vampire ("I'm not bad... I only drain criminals!" said the predator to his prey). He wasn't written as perfectly sympathetic, and I found that somewhat easier to deal with (at least, until Rice went bat-shit insane right around The Tale of the Body Thief and derailed her entire mythos).

message 37: by Tangled (last edited Jun 04, 2012 02:58AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Tangled  Speculation Bill wrote: "Tangled wrote: "That's why zombies are the new vampire."

Say what? Zombies have always been popular villains, way back into the early days of B-horror movies. They aren't supplanting vampires so ..."

Old school vampires were always scarier than zombies or mummies because they were cunning and hid in the shadows. Zombies shamble along so you can shoot them and whack them baseball bats and stuff. On the other hand, even evil vampires were always the sexiest of the undead. Now that Vampires are big fluffy puppies with dietary issue, zombies are the next scariest in line.

I agree about Lestat being an anti hero. Still, he was more attractive than broody Louise. No one likes a whiny bloodsucker.

message 38: by Gerd (last edited Jun 04, 2012 02:50AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gerd Tangled wrote: "That's why zombies are the new vampire. You can't crush on a rotting dead guy who's trying to eat your brains..."

You don't read much Zombie romance I take it. :D

Bill wrote: "Say what? Zombies have always been popular villains, way back into the early days of B-horror movies..."

Nah, not really. Zombies got a huge boost in the late seventies and have since become a kind of rock stars among monsters, before that they used to be only occasional occurrences.

Tangled  Speculation Gerd wrote: "Tangled wrote: "That's why zombies are the new vampire. You can't crush on a rotting dead guy who's trying to eat your brains..."

You don't read much Zombie romance I take it. :D

Bill wrote: "S..."

Zombie Romance? Great. Just great. They had better sparkle in green or some sort of rotting corpse color.

message 40: by Angie Elle (last edited Jun 04, 2012 07:20AM) (new) - added it

Angie Elle Ellia {The girl you don't want to piss off} wrote: ";) Well then, that's nice, but I dont really care...I really just made this for shits and giggles to see if I can actually get people to band together in the band of hating Twilight.

¡Viva la rebe..."

I have to laugh at your comment. You're not a conformist, yet you start a thread about not liking Twilight? You just jumped on one of the biggest bandwagons in history!

Proud to be a confidence crusher? Wow...it's like listening to a budding narcissist or sociopath.

message 41: by Simplyminali (new) - added it

Simplyminali im not a big fan of twilight but then again im not anti-twilight. im sorta in between

Flora (Ludacris) Hmm... I am surprised to see this thread.
Yes. I am neutral too. You can see it in my rating. :)

message 43: by Mari (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mari I've read Twilight books, and I loved them. But films are so BORING, and in these Bella's a kind of bitch who follows the current, and Edward isn't a such romantic vampir, like in books. So, i'm not anti-twilight, just.. in a middle, yeah.
But, I hate Kristen. With all my heart:)

message 44: by Angie Elle (new) - added it

Angie Elle Mari wrote: "I've read Twilight books, and I loved them. But films are so BORING, and in these Bella's a kind of bitch who follows the current, and Edward isn't a such romantic vampir, like in books. So, i'm no..."

You hate with all of your heart? And this is why? Because she didn't play Bella the way you wanted her to?

message 45: by Mari (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mari Angie wrote: "Mari wrote: "I've read Twilight books, and I loved them. But films are so BORING, and in these Bella's a kind of bitch who follows the current, and Edward isn't a such romantic vampir, like in book..."

No, no. It's because she's, for me, a rude and a single-sided girl, and she acts always in the same way. But I don't want to insult anyone, it's my opinion:)

message 46: by Angie Elle (last edited Jun 06, 2012 08:51AM) (new) - added it

Angie Elle Mari wrote: "Angie wrote: "Mari wrote: "I've read Twilight books, and I loved them. But films are so BORING, and in these Bella's a kind of bitch who follows the current, and Edward isn't a such romantic vampir..."

I'm just surprised that someone you've never met could evoke that kind of emotion.

I'd have to at least meet someone before I decided I hated them.

message 47: by Mari (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mari Angie wrote: "Mari wrote: "Angie wrote: "Mari wrote: "I've read Twilight books, and I loved them. But films are so BORING, and in these Bella's a kind of bitch who follows the current, and Edward isn't a such ro..."

The FEELING is this one, and she doesn't do anything for make change my mind, but I think, if I had to meet her, I wouldn't like her.
I repeat: it's my opinion!

message 48: by Natalie (new) - added it

Natalie Mari wrote: "Angie wrote: "Mari wrote: "Angie wrote: "Mari wrote: "I've read Twilight books, and I loved them. But films are so BORING, and in these Bella's a kind of bitch who follows the current, and Edward i..."

How can you have an "opinion" on hating someone? You can't

But, You can have an opinion of hating her acting skills, but that doesn't mean it is, by extension Kristen.You are assuming that you would dislike her. It's not an opinion.

message 49: by Mari (new) - rated it 3 stars

Mari Natalie wrote: "Mari wrote: "Angie wrote: "Mari wrote: "Angie wrote: "Mari wrote: "I've read Twilight books, and I loved them. But films are so BORING, and in these Bella's a kind of bitch who follows the current,..."

Ok, are you going to put you all against me? Oh my God, I said one phrase that you don't like and you're making it a principle question! I HATE KRISTEN STEWART, and I haven't to explain you why. If you have time to 'insult' me and my tastes, read this: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...
It's italian, but you have time, so.. :)
BYE!

message 50: by Gerd (last edited Jun 08, 2012 03:25AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gerd Mari wrote: "No, no. It's because she's, for me, a rude and a single-sided girl, and she acts always in the same way. But I don't want to insult anyone, it's my opinion:)"

But you don't want to insult someone?
Hmm, I'm not sure if Kristen would agree with that. :D

« previous 1 3 4