The Looking Glass Wars (The Looking Glass Wars, #1) The Looking Glass Wars discussion

This Book was EPIC!!!

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Delaney Didn't you just love this book???!!! It was amazing the twist and Dodge and the descriptions! Maybe it was just me but it's good. Which one is your favorite in the whole trilogy, by the way??? I need to read the last book!!!!

Emma Mecham I haven't read any of the other books but I want to:) I loved this book! I can't wait to read more!

Delaney Then you have to!!! >:)

alejandra i actually dislike of the book big time.

Brenda I am still in the second book. The first one was really good. I am looking forward to the movie but fear they will cut a lot of the book out. I never liked the story of Alice in Wonderland till now. Very good book.

Delaney If they are going to make a movie I think I'll love to see what they'll do.

Mara I still need to read the last book too. i have it but i also have a mental block when i like a series and it ends i cant read the last book. dont ask how long it took me to read harry potter's ending! haha!
One thing i can say about this series is i appreciated the "change up" of characters, what and who we think they are...they are not. loved it, and i will eventually read the last one. just not emotionally ready to finish i guess. :)

message 8: by Malia (new) - added it

Malia I totally agree that this book is epic. Frank Beddor has an amazing imagination (no pun intended) to create this new version of Lewis Carroll's Wonderland.
As cool as it would be to have this book turned into a movie, I am sorta worried about how they would portray Wonderland, but I am sure that it would be an awe-inspiring movie all the same.

Mara Malia wrote: "I totally agree that this book is epic. Frank Beddor has an amazing imagination (no pun intended) to create this new version of Lewis Carroll's Wonderland.
As cool as it would be to have this bo..."

i agree i dont know how a movie would turn out as many books to movies are never the same.

Siobhan This is so epic
The characters
The way he writes
The way, when I finished the 1st one,
I hated it because I had no money to buy the secound

Bailey I can't entirely agree. It had the potential to be epic. Frank Beddor has great ideas and wonderful imagination, but the book was poorly written. It felt rushed and way too short. These stories need to be told with more detail in 300-500 page books rather than the puny ones they are.

Delaney After reading the last book a while back, the books just started declining after the first book...I think he should have left it at just one book.

Stavros Tsiakalos I thought the first book had great potential. I don't think Beddor managed to do it justice.
I never finished the second book. I foudn it so terribly written and taking a direction that made me doubt the first book and wonder whether the fine elements I thought I had discovered and loved had not been the author's intention.

Charlotte Jones I liked this book but definitely not perfect. It had some interesting characters and concepts but overall I think the writing style let it down...though if you bear in mind that this is meant for younger readers, I was quite impressed overall :)

message 15: by Sam (new)

Sam i think they should make a movie for this book. it was definitely one of my favorites.

Katie This trilogy contains some of my favorite books, and I put off the last book for the longest time, simply because I didn't want the story to end! I love everything about this series, and I love how... enthusiastic Beddor is about his books. I hesitate because he seems to really, uh, talk a lot of crap about the series' inspiration: Carroll's work.

But anyway, yes, I love this series. And I am perfectly fine with the thought of a possible movie. That is, if only Beddor himself gets to have his say in just about everything (like he plans on doing, ha ha).

message 17: by Rebecah (new) - added it

Rebecah I loved this series! Hmmm... I think... the first was my favorite? Maybe? It's been a while I can't remember that well... Ik that the second was my least favorite. Maybe the third was my fav though. I don't remember. I just remember falling in love with Dodge :)

Ashlyn This book is amazing! The whole series is fantastic! I think that they should make a movie out of it. It would be so good!

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

The book had potential...but I think Beddor could've done better. I liked the whole idea of the story, I just didn't like the way he wrote it.

Sarah Nicole Delaney wrote: "If they are going to make a movie I think I'll love to see what they'll do."

They should totally make a movie of these books. Man would it be so cool I'd watch it...

Sarah Nicole Haven't finished the series need the last one but man this is better then the actually alice in wonderland. It's more of a adventure book I think... And hatter is so bad ass, I'm so in love with his charter.

Delaney Manson wrote: "Delaney wrote: "If they are going to make a movie I think I'll love to see what they'll do."

They should totally make a movie of these books. Man would it be so cool I'd watch it..."

Directed by...

message 23: by Tosh (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tosh Walker All three books are my favourite and trust me you will enjoy the last book I already read it I love it and its a big twist at the end!! :)

Brooke These books were great, I've read them all a lot of times over and over again because I love adaptations of alice in wonderland (:

Steph I am still getting through all three. I like the idea of them, but sometimes I don't feel the descriptions really achieve what they are trying to. I think if a film was made from this book, by a really good director, we could really see the story's true potential.

Danielteska lets just say; we need more books like this.