The Mark of Athena (The Heroes of Olympus, #3) The Mark of Athena discussion

What do you think of the cover?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Cookie In the picture you see that Jason and Percy are fighting. I don't know about about you, but I was hoping they'd get along. What do you guys think about the cover?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, I thought from the 1st chapter preveiw that Romans might attack. but then I remembered that Percy KNOWS Annabeth is on that ship, and him being a partheon, he'd never let that happen. Now also, we don't know if Jason has any of his memory back either... plus Jason and Percy are very in charge people. So if they both try to take charge of this quest in their own way, then things can go really wrong.Theres just too much uncertainty.

message 3: by Cat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cat Whoa Percy and Jason fighting?! I was so surprised when I first saw this cover. Weren't they supposed to be uniting to camps???
I'm really anxious to read now

~Cat

Jessica I was surprised, but in a bad way. And I was hoping they would get along too. Maybe it Medea? Or the cover is just symbolic, Camp Jupiter in war with camp half-blood. That don't sound that good either.

They are doing a little summarize on the plot here along with the whole first chapter: heroesofolympus.com

Emily the first chapter do answer the question about Jason's memory.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Jessica wrote: "I was surprised, but in a bad way. And I was hoping they would get along too. Maybe it Medea? Or the cover is just symbolic, Camp Jupiter in war with camp half-blood. That don't sound that good eit..."

yeah, I know I re-looked at it and its clear he has his memory back. I also have Ricks Series pages bookmarked or whatever. It says that she holds it in her pocket. so much for my hope that the mark of athena would be on another one of her children. kinda of like that whole percy luke thing in the 5th book.

Angel Chan I won't mind them fighting as long as they can get along afterwards, besides I am quite tired of arguments on who is stronger/better so if Rick can show his fans a battle scene between them maybe people will stop arguing?

That's Percy on Blackjack right? I thought Blackjack was suppose to be PURE black???
If that's Jason is he riding Tempest right?
And is it me or does the owl look lopsided? XD

Jessica Angel wrote: "I won't mind them fighting as long as they can get along afterwards, besides I am quite tired of arguments on who is stronger/better so if Rick can show his fans a battle scene between them maybe p..."

I guess it depends on the context, but I admit I would be a bit disappointed if Percy didn't win. I do think you are right, it could end the debate. Even though the fight would probably be over before it could be determinate who is the best warrior. Anyway I think they could at least make both Percy and Jason look good in the picture. They both look so ugly.
And I think it is Blackjack and Tempest too.