New York City Roleplay discussion

Manhattan > Central Park

Comments Showing 1-50 of 58 (58 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Liv (new)

Liv (osf1998) Central Park--peaceful, serene, and a great place to go either to be alone or to have a date.

message 2: by Liv (new)

Liv (osf1998) Genevieve positioned herself atop her red checkered blanket and propped open her book, eyes flitting across the many words and fingers reaching to flip the pages every so often.
The bows of the tree she laid under protected her against the blaring sun, and within her little bubble of peaceful shade she began to feel sleepy as her eyes slowly closed and she drifted listlessly into slumber.

message 3: by Liv (new)

Liv (osf1998) A short time later the bark of a leashed dog awoke a grudging Genevieve, who blinked bleary-eyed around and spotted a girl not too far away, spread out on a blue and green striped blanket. She was lovely, making Genevieve catch her breath. Probably some blueblood, popular Manhattan girl then. Wouldn't be interested in being friends. But then...why on earth would I want to be friends with this girl? I've never even seen her before now, muchless spoken to her. But... Glancing down at her fallen book and then to the unsuspecting girl, she cleared her through uncertainly. Something strange about her dreams, and something strange about the way she immediately felt towards this girl, made her uncharacteristically yearn to talk.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Pluvia sat in a bench, notebook in hand as she chewed on her pen and watched the New Yorkers walk by, taking notes as she people-watched. Her dark eyes flicked across the sea of faces as she untucke dher legs from under herself. She pulled her long brown hair up into a bun on top of her head and secured it with her pen, closing her notebook and tucking it under her arm. She stood and proceeded to wander through the park.

message 5: by Johns (new)

Johns | 31 comments Ash skated on her roller skates, listening to her iPod while she did. She manuvered herself through the sea of people, getting a few words and a couple fingers. She chuckled and continued to skate, thinking about Zane and Ace as she did so.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Pluvia spotted an interesting looking character on roller skates and grinned, watching her and memorizing the interesting details. This girl would make a good book. She wondered about her story, what she was doing here.

message 7: by Johns (last edited Jun 23, 2012 06:01PM) (new)

Johns | 31 comments Ash, out of the corner of her eye, saw a lady on the bench with some kind of book watching her. Maybe she's a poet, she thought as she skated toward her. She turned off her music player and took out her earphones. "Hey," she said, sitting down beside her.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Pluvia smiled slightly at the girl and tilted her head, "Hey." she replied, making room on the bench.

message 9: by Johns (new)

Johns | 31 comments "Thanks," said Ash, grinning crookedly at her. She slid over a little bit making herself comfortable. "I"m Ashlyn. Who're you?" she asked, flipping back her purple-and-blue hair. "I saw you staring, so I came over."

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

She laughed, "I'm sorry about that, bad habit. I'm Pluvia." she drank in every detail of the girl, she really was a great character model.

message 11: by Johns (new)

Johns | 31 comments Ash looked at her in awe. "It's fine. And Pluvia? As in, 'Pluvia Yew' the author?" she asked excitedly. She had read her books over and over again. They were some of her favorites.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Pluvia grinned hugely, "you've read my books?" she asked, biting her lip. It had been a while since she'd met a fan, and every time she found herself with the urge to pinch herself.

message 13: by Johns (new)

Johns | 31 comments Ash nodded excitedly and grinned widely. "Yeah! I love them! I can't wait for the fourth!" she said quickly. Ash loved her books, they were right up there with Tennasyn. She popped her fingers after she was done talking.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Pluvia laughed and rocked back and forth slightly, "I'm so glad you liked them!" she exclaimed

message 15: by Johns (new)

Johns | 31 comments Ash grinned. "Yeah, they kept me entertained during break shift," she said, thinking of all those times she read in between breaks at the club, through all the noise and comments.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

She smiled, "Do you write?" she asked

message 17: by Johns (new)

Johns | 31 comments Ash nodded, but then shook her head. "Yes.. Well, no. Kinda. I do music," she said, sort of confusing herself in the process. "Being a bartender doesn't really give you any time."

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Pluvia laughed, "yeah, I know what you mean. I had a hard time getting going, trying to pay the rent and write at the same time isn't exactly easy. I'm stilll struggling with it/"

message 19: by Johns (new)

Johns | 31 comments Ash laughed and nodded again. "Me too. Trying to be a musician, paying bills, food, and work is really hard to balance out."

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Pluvia nodded, "Hey, well if you're looking for a room mate, I'm in the market."

message 21: by Johns (new)

Johns | 31 comments Ash nodded. "I'd love to! I'd have to tell my brother though. Him, my little sister, and I stay in the same house," she said. She'd have to tell Aiden so he'd know about it.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Pluvia grinned, and tore a page out of her notebook, writing her number down and handing it to Ash, "Alright, just call me and let me know."

message 23: by Johns (new)

Johns | 31 comments Taking a pen and paper from her back pocket, Ash stuck in Pluvia's number in her pocket and took out some paper and a pen. She always kept them around to give out fake numbers to drunk guys. She wrote down her real number and handed it to her. "Here's mine if you need anything, like if I'm at work. Or practice."

message 24: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (cloveshay) Cassidy stuck her hands in her stylish red jacket that matched her lips exactly and walked around on the path of the park.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

She smiled and tucked it into her notebook, "thanks. Hey what's your band called?" she asked curiously

message 26: by Kiersten (last edited Jun 24, 2012 10:56AM) (new)

Kiersten  (kie_elyce) Sarah walked into Central Park with her head in her sketchbook. She needed to finish and turn in the sketch before 7:00 or her boss would give her yet another lecture. Although she lived in Staten Island, she sometimes visited Manhattan and Central Park because it was a somewhat calmer environment for her. Plus her intern job was just two miles outside of Manhattan so she often visited. Just as she was about to sit down on a bench she ran into someone. When she looked up, she saw a girl in a red jacket with bright red lips staring at her. "Oh, sorry, I didn't see you there!" she smiled at the stranger then continued to sketch.

message 27: by Liv (new)

Liv (osf1998) Marie wrote: "Hearing someone clear their throat, Madeline looked around and caught the eye of the girl who had been asleep. She smiled. "Hello," she said quietly."

Genevieve grinned back. "Hi," she yelled. "Lovely day out..."

message 28: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (cloveshay) Cassidy smiled after she said sorry to the girl she had accidentally ran into. She was curious about what the girl was drawing so she sat next to her.
"Hi I'm Cassidy," she said watching as the girl formed a beautiful picture on the page.

message 29: by Johns (new)

Johns | 31 comments Ƙȧƴȧ wrote: "She smiled and tucked it into her notebook, "thanks. Hey what's your band called?" she asked curiously"

"The Broken Records," said Ash, thinking of Zane and Zace. They were her bandmates, until one of them goes off to collage. "We aren't very popular, but we have a few CD's. Mostly just remixes."

message 30: by Kiersten (last edited Jun 24, 2012 03:26PM) (new)

Kiersten  (kie_elyce) Sarah looked up and smiled at the girl. "I'm Sarah," she exclaimed to the girl.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Pluvia smiled, "Well I'd love to hear some. Do you have a CD on you?" she asked

message 32: by Johns (new)

Johns | 31 comments Ash dug around in her bag for a second. Finally, she found one. Hoping it wasn't scratched, she handed it over to Pluvia. "Here. It's one of our remix ones. I don't have the other one on me," she said.

(view spoiler)

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Pluvia took it and smiled, slipping it into her bag. Then she grabbed out a stack of papers held together by a clamp. "This is the draft for the first few chapters of book four... I've been looking for a mundane editors." she grinned, "I despise actual editors. They're all snobs."

message 34: by Johns (new)

Johns | 31 comments Ash looked at the stack of papers, her eyes wide. Then she laughed. "Aren't all editors snobs? And mundane?"

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Pluvia smiled, "All CERTIFIED editors." she replied, handing her the stack of papers.

message 36: by Johns (new)

Johns | 31 comments Ash took the papers, chuckling. "Same with managers," she said, putting the papers in her bag and zipping up the side.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Pluvia laughed, "I can only imagine."

message 38: by Hannah (last edited Jun 24, 2012 10:01PM) (new)

Hannah (cloveshay) Kiersten wrote: "Sarah looked up and smiled at the girl. "I'm Sarah," she exclaimed to the girl."

"Your sketch is beautiful Sarah," Cassidy said to Sarah.

message 39: by Johns (new)

Johns | 31 comments Ƙȧƴȧ wrote: "Pluvia laughed, "I can only imagine.""

Ash laughed. "You ain't kiddin'," she said, then glanced at her watch. She stood up. "Crap. I gotta go. I need to get to work."

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Pluvia smiled, "Well, this is my work. But I'll see you around, okay? And read that draft for me if you get the chance."

message 41: by Kiersten (last edited Jun 25, 2012 08:45AM) (new)

Kiersten  (kie_elyce) Hannah wrote: "Kiersten wrote: "Sarah looked up and smiled at the girl. "I'm Sarah," she exclaimed to the girl."

"Your sketch is beautiful Sarah," Cassidy said to Sarah."

Sarah blushed a little, "Thanks, I work as an intern at the Manhattan Fashion Industry." she smiled to herself. "This is a new line I'm helping design and I thought this outfit worked perfectly for it, you like?" Sarah added.

message 42: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (cloveshay) Cassidy nodded smiling brightly.
"You are amazing! You remind my of that girl from that show Jane by Design."

message 43: by Kiersten (new)

Kiersten  (kie_elyce) "Oh my gosh, I love that show! And you know what? That is exactly how my life is, minus the boy drama." Sarah laughed a little, "Where do you work?" she smiled at Cassidy then continued to sketch while she waited for her response.

message 44: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (cloveshay) "I'm a New York Times journalist. And I write teen books on the side..." Cassidy responded with a smile. She loved her job. Minus the fact that all the male employees wanted to have a thing with her... That was annoying.

message 45: by Liv (new)

Liv (osf1998) Marie wrote: ""Yeah, it's beautiful." Madeline smiled at the girl."

Genevieve sighed contentedly, eyes on the clear sky even as she addressed this other girl. "I'm Genevieve."

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Lola sees a girl and looks at her

message 47: by Johns (new)

Johns | 31 comments Ƙȧƴȧ wrote: "Pluvia smiled, "Well, this is my work. But I'll see you around, okay? And read that draft for me if you get the chance.""

Ash nodded and smiled. "Oh, I will. I'll talk to you later," she said, skating off toward the club.

message 48: by Kiersten (new)

Kiersten  (kie_elyce) "That's so cool!" Sarah beamed at Cassidy.

message 49: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (cloveshay) "Thanks," Cassidy said to Sarah, a slight blush coloring her cheeks. She cheeked her watch and then smiled at Sarah. "Would you want to come with me to Starbucks Sarah? I don't really want to go alone, but I have no friends here yet..."

message 50: by Kiersten (last edited Jun 25, 2012 07:49PM) (new)

Kiersten  (kie_elyce) "Sure, I would love that." Sarah said as she stood up and closed her sketchbook. "Oh, and consider me your new friend" she laughed and beamed at Cassidy.

« previous 1