Washington Readers discussion

What are you reading right now?

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (joxertd) I am reading "The Seeress of Kell" by David Eddings. :)

message 2: by Chris (new)

Chris miller | 1 comments City of lost souls by Cassandra Clare

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 3 comments I'm new to this. I am currently reading Hunger Games. Looking for more ideas.

message 4: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (joxertd) I am now reading Through Wolf's Eyes by Jane Lindskold I love wierd lengthy Fantasy books lol

message 5: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (joxertd) And Welcome Lisa Sorry this group isn't more active but hope to change that someday if we start getting more people

message 6: by Phe (new)

Phe | 5 comments I just finished Alex cross's trial by James Patterson.. I'm a huge James Patterson and john grisham fan

message 7: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 3 comments I'm currently reading Lincoln's Little Girl

message 8: by Phe (new)

Phe | 5 comments I'm now reading luther the calling by neil cross. its about a london police officer. so far so good. n the tv series is amazing!!

message 9: by Jean (new)

Jean Gobel (JeanG) | 3 comments I am reading the whole Outlander series, by Diana Gabaldon, for the third time. Now almost finished with Voyager, the third volume. Excited for Starz Outlander TV series next year!

message 10: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 3 comments Mistress by James Patterson

message 11: by Phe (new)

Phe | 5 comments NYPD Red by James Patterson

message 12: by Jean (last edited Dec 03, 2013 02:33PM) (new)

Jean Gobel (JeanG) | 3 comments Still Alice, by Lisa Genova. A poignant first-person story of Alzheimers.

message 13: by Clayton (new)

Clayton | 1 comments Reading The Girl With All the Gifts by M. R. Carey. Picked it up from Costco last month.

message 14: by Phe (new)

Phe | 5 comments new york dead by stuart woods.. first book by him and im surprisingly sucked into the series already. :)

message 15: by John (new)

John | 10 comments Currently reading the "Six Wives of Henry VIII"

Just finished Fairest by Tacoma YA author Marissa Meyer.

message 16: by Sue (new)

Sue (suejulene) | 3 comments I'm new to this area. I actually am down in Kelso/Longview, but we don't seem to have any book clubs here.
I read lots on my phone. It's always with me and whenever I am in a "hurry up and wait" situation, I have a book right there.
Just finished Where'd you go, Bernadette by Maria Semple. I wasn't really excited about it.. 3/5 stars. Has anyone else read it? What did you think?

message 17: by John (new)

John | 10 comments I'm currently reading "Out of the Wilderness", book two off
the wilderness series by David Young. it's the continuing journey of Jonathan and Lily in the Northwest around the Columbia River basin in the 1820-1840s.

This series has a lot of events that are based on historical research.

message 18: by Sue (last edited Jan 29, 2016 09:14PM) (new)

Sue (suejulene) | 3 comments Since I last responded to this thread, I've read The Other Bolelyn Girl and a series (2 so far) about Mara Dyer. The first was called The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer. I found the first one hard to put down. The second and now the third have become weird. I am not so sure I will even finish the third book.
The Out of the Wilderness series sounds very interesting! Thanks for sharing that. What is the title of the first in the series?
Sue

message 19: by John (new)

John | 10 comments I've finished "Into the wilderness" and also finished with the second of that series "Out of the Wilderness" waiting for the third book to be published.

I am currently reading three books "American Amazons: Colonial Women Who Changed History" which is second in a series; "A Devil of a Whipping" a Revelutionary War book about the Battle of Cowpen and "Wild at Heart" which is a book we are studying in our mens group at church.

Once I fenish these I will start on "Winter" and "Stars Above" both by Marissa Meyers and "A Dark History: the Tutors" by Judith John.

message 20: by John (new)

John | 10 comments Sue the first book is called "In the Wilderness". Its a novel series written by a retired Lakewood, Wa Pastor and friend of mine. They are a Romantic Adventure set in the 1840's Washington territory.

message 21: by John (new)

John | 10 comments Sue, I noticed that you now live in the Kelso area. I used to live in Longview. My ex lives in Kelso and 2 youngest kids go to KHS. I know the area very well.

message 22: by Sue (new)

Sue (suejulene) | 3 comments We just moved here this past summer. I'm originally from Massachusetts...but was living in Virginia prior to our move out here. I work at the alternative high school out here as an aide...retired from teaching last June...enjoying the part time hours.

I just started reading a Jojo Moyes book today..One Plus One. so far so good...but I am only in chapter One. I read another of her books last year and really enjoyed it..Me Before You.

message 23: by John (new)

John | 10 comments The alternative school behind KHS? I did a little volunteer work there tutoring back in 1999-00 when I was the Army Recruiter for KHS.

message 24: by John (new)

John | 10 comments finished with American Amazons and A Devil of a Whipping.

I'm 1/3of the way through Winter and also started on Escape from Camp 14.

message 25: by John (new)

John | 10 comments I just finished Winter a couple weeks ago. wasn't ready for the series to end. I know a couple secrets about this series though soits not over yet.

message 26: by Phe (new)

Phe | 5 comments Danielle Steel Vanished by Danielle Steel

read 170 pages in 24 hrs.. she's a hard one to put down..

message 27: by Linda (new)

Linda (Ilove2read89) | 1 comments Hello I'm new and right now I am currently reading Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. Has anyone else read this book?

message 28: by Jean (last edited Sep 01, 2016 01:33PM) (new)

Jean Gobel (JeanG) | 3 comments Five or six times! Love Outlander, both the books (and the Lord John spinoffs) and the TV series! Enjoy, Linda!
There are two local fan groups you can check out on FB: Puget Sound Sassenachs, and Outlander Fanatics of WA State. They have "meet and greet" gatherings now and then.

message 29: by Kelli (new)

Kelli | 2 comments Girl on the train

message 30: by Mike (new)

Mike Venuto | 1 comments reading the reprint of my novel on Amazon..."Flashback"

Michael Venuto

message 31: by John (new)

John | 10 comments Right now I'm reading two: A condensed version of "Foxe's Christian Martyrs of the World" and "We Were Soldiers Too; A Historical Look at Germany During the Cold War from the U.S. SoldiersWho Sweved There."

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Vanished (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Danielle Steel (other topics)