What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > kid's horror book, stuffed animals. narrator is a kid in school who meets a kid that nobody likes. He's really creepy, I think he barely spoke. The narrator is nice to the kid

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Napoleón (new)

Napoleón | 2 comments From what I remember, the narrator is a kid in school who meets a kid that nobody likes. He's really creepy, I think he barely spoke. The narrator is nice to the kid, the kid eventually invited him over to his house. There's and illustration in the book of the house. It's black and white, a large house in the woods.

The narator goes, feeling somewhat afraid, and eventually gets to the kd's room. He sees some stuffed animals that realllllly creep him out because the the glassy eyes of the animals look very real. He stares at a stuffed cat for a while, then something happens and theres a big chunk of the book I can't remember.

Then I remember that you find out that the stuffed animals are actual dead animals that the kid stuffs himself (I think), thus the realistic eyes.

Theres a scene in the book where the narrator is trying to run away from this kid. THey're both in the school, and the narrator runs out and BAM another empty space in my memory.

Hopefuly that's enough information to figure out what the name of the book is. Can anyone help me before I go any more insane looking for it? THANK YOU in advance.

message 2: by karen (new)

karen (karenbrissette) | 58 comments i read it ages ago so im foggy, but could it be the voice of the night by dean koontz??

message 3: by Napoleón (new)

Napoleón | 2 comments idk, i looked it up and found this summary of it:

"Colin absolutely could not believe it when he finally had a friend who was popular. Colin had always been a shy, skinny, and brainy fourteen year old who had remained outcast by the "in" crowd. Colin jumped at the idea of being blood brothers with Roy. Little did he know that Roy would require he help organize the murder of innocent people..."

This book is from the point of view of the loser, but the book I'm talking about is from the point of view of the kid who meets the loser. I don't think that's it. Thanks for trying though :)

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 29519 comments Mod
Napoleón, are you still looking for this or did you find it?