Books Stephen King Recommends discussion

June-July 2012 Group Read > Part 2: Corridor County (SPOILER ALERT)

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Debra (new)

Debra (debra_t) | 2574 comments Mod
Put comments for part 2 here.

message 2: by Debra (new)

Paul is a bit of a cipher with his innate ability with machinery. I wouldn't want Arlen's "gift", but sure would love Paul's!

And what would have Rebecca done without those 2 men there to repair all her property after the hurricane. Do you think she had enough money from her part in the drug smuggling to have hired someone?

message 3: by Linda (new)

Linda Boyd (boydlinda95gmailcom) | 598 comments I think she had enough money, but would probably not hire anyone - to prevent someone else from finding out the going ons there at Cypress House.

Pauls ability is truly amazing, I suppose there are a few people in the world like that.

I wondered how Paul was going to find out about Arlen and Rebecca's late night rendezvous. Sad for him that the played it the way they did, but I suppose that Paul would not have left if he didn't find out. How old do you think Paul is?? At times he seems really young, maybe it is his maturity level.

Now that Paul is gone, what is Arlen going to do??? I don't think he will leave Rebecca there alone, but I'm not really sure. I know in the beginning he didn't want to get involved in her "stuff" but now he knows the story and plus he is sleeping with her, do you think he is just going to dump her and leave???

message 4: by Debra (new)

Yeah, Paul seems pretty young and immature at times. I figured he was around 18-20 or so, maybe even a little younger. It was harsh the way they let him know they were having an affair. But Paul would have never left, otherwise.

I didn't think Paul would leave her, I wanted them both to just up and leave. I won't say more in this thread about that as I don't want to spoil the book for you!

message 5: by Linda (last edited Jun 09, 2012 11:56PM) (new)

Linda Boyd (boydlinda95gmailcom) | 598 comments Thanks Debra, I am in Owen's section now and some of my questions have been answered, I won't talk about them here since that is another section, I will get thru Owen's section hopefully tomorrow, well, I guess I should say later today, since it is just about 3am and I really should go to bed!!