Q&A with Kathryn Leigh Scott discussion

Dark Shadows: Return to Collinwood
This topic is about Dark Shadows
Return to Collinwood > Dan Curtis & Tim Burton

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephanie (new) - added it

Stephanie | 171 comments Kathryn, In what ways does Tim Burton remind you of Dan Curtis? Also, what do you think the differences are between the two?

They remind me so much of each other from the interviews I've seen. They even resemble each other in looks, and seem to have similar personalities. Do you find that to be a little bit true as well?

I keep thinking, if it wasn't for them, none of us would be here chatting or asking questions about Dark Shadows. Out of just two minds, look how much was created?! It's hard to even imagine. It's humbling.

Kathryn Leigh Scott (kathrynleighscott) | 174 comments Mod
Interesting observation! I see no resemblance at all. Both men are immensely creative and their work is certainly informed by their backgrounds, but I suspect their personalities are very different.

message 3: by Stephanie (last edited Jun 03, 2012 05:45PM) (new) - added it

Stephanie | 171 comments I guess I thought they look a little bit alike because they both have dark, thick hair. Tim's is wavy. Dan's? I don't know! It looks wavy. Something about their smile too. Their manner.

They're both so excited about what they do too. Both willing to take huge chances. Not seemingly boastful or snobby. Of course, what do I have to go on?! I've never met them,and have only seen interviews!

I have heard Tim is very reclusive most of the time, but it seems Dan was very sociable. Tim likes being in the Dark Shadows more than Dan it seems! :)

I do know at least, I admire them both, and love their work!

Anne | 302 comments Kathryn wrote: "Interesting observation! I see no resemblance at all. Both men are immensely creative and their work is certainly informed by their backgrounds, but I suspect their personalities are very different."

Kathryn, I think they both look like big wooly bears!! LOL Anne

message 5: by Stephanie (new) - added it

Stephanie | 171 comments I think so too Anne. It seems like maybe Tim Burton is the more "Gentle Ben" bear of the two. Just from what I've heard so far!