Avengers Assemble! discussion

General > Questions/ Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-48 of 48 (48 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

♠ TABI⁷ ♠  (tabi_card) Any ideas or questions, just list them here and the mods will answer as soon as we can.

message 2: by Fallen (Patience) (last edited Jun 19, 2012 09:27AM) (new)

Fallen (Patience) (RaInBoW_tIe_AfFaIr) | 30 comments Why does Iron Man and Captain America don't get along?

I Like Captain America better..Thats my opinon.but...Iron man is mean...to him.

Captain America:Take off all the Armor and what are you?

Iron man: Your a lab experiment Rogers,Everything that is special about you was from a bottle.

I hated that part..D: I was like...Omygosh...No he didn't. lol...

♠ TABI⁷ ♠  (tabi_card) Hey, but they get along in the end of the movie, after Coulson died...remember?

Fallen (Patience) (RaInBoW_tIe_AfFaIr) | 30 comments I do...But still. lol.

Fallen (Patience) (RaInBoW_tIe_AfFaIr) | 30 comments Oh really? Whos his dad??

message 6: by michelle+8 (new)

michelle+8 (michelleplus8) I think it's more that Stark has this giant ego, so when he spends his whole life hearing how great Captain America is, his first reaction on meeting the guy is, "Oh yeah? Prove it. Prove that you deserve all this adulation." And Steve does prove it.

In the comics they were actually very good friends until the whole Civil War thing (superhero Civil War, not US Civil War). Then they had to rebuild trust.

message 7: by michelle+8 (new)

michelle+8 (michelleplus8) How do you get that alternate name in gray text next to your name? :/

message 8: by michelle+8 (new)

michelle+8 (michelleplus8) Anjelica (Shark Week 2012) wrote:
"That's for Mods only. I remember going around like a nut until I was made a mod and than I was like OHH..."

Ah, ok. I was wondering. ;)

Anjelica (Shark Week 2012) wrote:
"LOL and yes Stark has a very big ego...that's why I hated him at first haha."

LOL, I guess I just have a thing for guys with egos. ;) He reminds me of an old flame.

message 9: by James (new)

James | 244 comments Mod
Hi Tabi. I just joined the group. Thanks for setting this up - you did a nice job! My question - do you mind if I add a few MCU books to the shelf?

♠ TABI⁷ ♠  (tabi_card) Thanks ;) No prob!!!! Go ahead :)

message 11: by James (new)

James | 244 comments Mod
Oops - only Mods can add books. I was going to add Marvel's The Avengers: Black Widow Strikes, Marvel's The Avengers: Fury's Big Week, and Marvel's The Avengers: Road to the Avengers

♠ TABI⁷ ♠  (tabi_card) Huh...shall change that setting right now ;)

message 13: by James (new)

James | 244 comments Mod
@ Tabi - Oops thought I said thanks before. Thanks:) Question - Has anyone read any of the books on this bookshelf?
Suggestion - check them out.

♠ TABI⁷ ♠  (tabi_card) It's ok :)
And I've only read one, the Avengers storybook from the movies lol.

message 15: by John (new)

John Lee (johnleelbk) | 50 comments So what did anyone think about Iron Man 3?

message 16: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (hopeless-wanderer) John wrote: "So what did anyone think about Iron Man 3?"

I'm in the middle of watching it now!! :)

message 17: by John (new)

John Lee (johnleelbk) | 50 comments Cool. Let me know what you think when you can.

message 18: by John (new)

John Lee (johnleelbk) | 50 comments Hope I don't get shot for saying this considering there seems to be a lot of Marvel fans on here, but is anyone excited about the Man of Steel movie coming out this week?

message 19: by James (new)

James | 244 comments Mod
I can appreciate both DC and Marvel - I hope that we all can. That being said - I may see Man of Steel at some point, but I'm not impressed by what I've seen advertised. There is one thing I take issue with...

♠ TABI⁷ ♠  (tabi_card) I really don't care for Superman very much...but have to say this newest one looks like the best of them all as far as I can tell...from a comic-book ignorant stand as well.

message 21: by John (new)

John Lee (johnleelbk) | 50 comments I have lots of favorites: Captain America, Iron Man, Spiderman, Batman, Wolverine, just to name a few, but I have to be honest Superman is my favorite. I guess I'm just fascinated by how someone with so much power struggles to do good even when he gets nothing in return but mostly misery. I'll be at the movies at 12am Friday morning to see it. of course, I was there at midnight for Iron Man 3 too. lol

message 22: by James (new)

James | 244 comments Mod
@ John - Are you a fan of the Smallville series?

message 23: by John (new)

John Lee (johnleelbk) | 50 comments Yup. wasn't happy how it ended though. I liked how it explained his origins and everything he went through to finally become Superman. A little cheesy at times, but I liked it.

message 24: by John (new)

John Lee (johnleelbk) | 50 comments @James-I got faith in Zack Snyder on this one so I tell ya what, if you do go to see it and you don't like it, I'll send you a free copy of my book.

message 25: by Marcus (new)

Marcus | 4 comments @John I think the idea of superman is interesting and on numerous times I have read superman comics, but I do find the character limited in what he can do. I have often found series such as irredeemable much more interesting and enjoyable. However saying that, I can't wait to see the new film as it looks spectacular!

message 26: by James (new)

James | 244 comments Mod
@ John - I appreciate the offer and your enthusiasm for this movie. I'm sure that I will see it in the near future. I checked out your site and have to say that your description of you book is interesting and well-written.

message 27: by John (new)

John Lee (johnleelbk) | 50 comments @James-Thank you. I appreciate the compliment. Have you written anything?

message 28: by John (new)

John Lee (johnleelbk) | 50 comments @James-Well, just got home from watching the Man of Steel...so where would you like the book sent to? lol!

message 29: by James (new)

James | 244 comments Mod
@ John - Wait, are you saying that you didn't like Man of Steel?
As far as writing, I have some ideas that I think are pretty good, and I'll write a few pages, maybe a brief character origin, but don't make the time to stick with it - I wish that I could.

message 30: by John (new)

John Lee (johnleelbk) | 50 comments uhhh...yeah. I must confess. You were right. It was a big letdown, unfortunately. A weak story line that they tried to mask with a truckload of CGI that was far beyond overkill. My faith was not rewarded. Just tell me where and I'll send you that copy.

message 31: by Dwayne (new)

Dwayne Keller | 12 comments Thanks for your poignant review, John. I had little desire to see it, and you've just confirmed my suspicions. Thank you.

message 32: by James (new)

James | 244 comments Mod
Sorry that you didn't like it. I'll see it at some point, I'm sure - despite my reservations that I have.
I'll send you my address privately - I'd be happy to read your book.

message 33: by Hayley (new)

Hayley Whats Man of Steel like?

message 34: by James (new)

James | 244 comments Mod
As far as the Man of Steel goes - I'm looking forward to The Wolverine.

message 35: by Hayley (new)

Hayley I can't wait until Wolverine comes out

message 36: by Travis (new)

Travis (travishiltz) | 420 comments Mod
What other movies would people like to see from either marvel or DC?
What characters do think deserve the big screen treatment or what do you think should happen in the sequels?

My list:
Black Panther
She-Hulk (either her own movie or in a Hulk sequel)
Avengers vs the Masters of evil
Aquaman
Lobster Johnson ( from the Hellboy comics)
Invaders in WW2

I'll stop there and let the rest of you guys play before adding anymore.

message 37: by James (new)

James | 244 comments Mod
Black Panther
Black Widow
Hawkeye (similar to the current series would be cool)
X-Men (rebooted with the original team)

I'd like to see Vision and Namor in some capacity.

message 38: by James (new)

James | 244 comments Mod
I'd like another Hulk too. And bringing Jen in would be cool...

♠ TABI⁷ ♠  (tabi_card) Hey all, I'm realizing that this group needs another mod (or two) so fight it out here and I'll see who the competent ones are haha just kidding, but state here why you think you'd be best as being a mod and we'll go from there ;)

message 40: by James (new)

James | 244 comments Mod
I don't know about "best", but I'll throw my hat in the ring... I am co-mod of an X-Men group.

message 41: by Travis (new)

James wrote: "Black Panther
Black Widow
Hawkeye (similar to the current series would be cool)
X-Men (rebooted with the original team)

I'd like to see Vision and Namor in some capacity."

Would love to see a movie with the original five X-men!
They could even be the leather wearing versions from the Singer movies. I'd be happy with that.

Started a fanfic years ago that was the first X-men movie reworked to feature the original five and the original Brotherhood of evil mutants.

message 42: by James (new)

James | 244 comments Mod
Is that posted somewhere that I could check it out?

♠ TABI⁷ ♠  (tabi_card) Should I make a folder for people to post their fan-fic? :) I'm seeing that there's a lot of it around, and it would be easy to have one place to go read it.

message 44: by Travis (new)

James wrote: "Is that posted somewhere that I could check it out?"

It never got past the scribbled note stage.
I did do some fanfic.

http://www.ironrodstudio.com/av2000/t...

I wrote the Heroes for Hire for awhile, a run on Alpha Flight and a bunch of stories for the anthology.

message 45: by James (new)

James | 244 comments Mod
It's really good too.

♠ TABI⁷ ♠  (tabi_card) Alrighties then, the folder shall be made ASAP ;)

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

You've got a discussion for each of the Avengers. How about one for each of the Guardians?

♠ TABI⁷ ♠  (tabi_card) Because originally this was an Avengers only group when it started, but it's expanded since then to pretty much anything Marvel with a little DC thrown in there as well. Feel free make topics under the thread "Heroes" which was "Avengers" but I'm going to change now.