Avengers Assemble! discussion

Marvel Movies > The Spiderman Trilogy

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

♠ TABI⁷ ♠ (tabi_card) I guess this is pretty much the first Marvel movie that came out...or at least the oldest one I can remember. Let me know if I'm mistaken, but anyway, here you discuss and chat all about it.

message 2: by Caroline (new)

Caroline (godwithus) I loved the romance:)

♠ TABI⁷ ♠ (tabi_card) William wrote: "X-Men was the first, in 2000 I think, 'cuase Spidey was at the time in developement hell! Awesome first two movies but the third one was dissappointing. Has anybody seen the HISHE spoof on youtube?..."

YES!!!! Big fan of HISHE here! They are genius's lol :)

message 4: by Bad Wolf (new)

Bad Wolf (SecretAgentNinja) OHMYGOD I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE OUT THERE THAT WATCHED HISHE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

message 5: by Bad Wolf (new)

Bad Wolf (SecretAgentNinja) YAAAAAAA!Y I love all of them. Tank Missile.....

message 6: by Bad Wolf (new)

Bad Wolf (SecretAgentNinja) yes. HOLY POOP, I LOVE SUPER CAFE.

message 7: by Bad Wolf (new)

Bad Wolf (SecretAgentNinja) "I'm starting to think.... your on to something."

message 8: by Bad Wolf (new)

Bad Wolf (SecretAgentNinja) teehee. the planes going doooowwwnnn.

message 9: by Bad Wolf (new)

Bad Wolf (SecretAgentNinja) didn't see qssasins creed, but I LOVES 300. have you seen Scream and Inception?

message 10: by Bad Wolf (new)

Bad Wolf (SecretAgentNinja) whaaaaaaaat? no, its completely accurate!

message 11: by Bad Wolf (new)

Bad Wolf (SecretAgentNinja) SHAME! its from HISHE 300

message 12: by Bad Wolf (new)

Bad Wolf (SecretAgentNinja) *shakes head.*

message 13: by ♠ TABI⁷ ♠ (new)

♠ TABI⁷ ♠ (tabi_card) Gracieface wrote: "OHMYGOD I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE OUT THERE THAT WATCHED HISHE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!"

LOVE HISHE!!!!!! XD

message 14: by ♠ TABI⁷ ♠ (new)

♠ TABI⁷ ♠ (tabi_card) Never heard of him. I'm more the type, where I check out links and vids from people I know who say they're funny. Only thing I really look up is music vids of my fav singers lol.

message 15: by michelle+8 (last edited Oct 20, 2012 10:30AM) (new)

michelle+8 (michelleplus8) William wrote: " Indeed, and in the comics (I'm a borderline geek despite the fact that we in da ukay get the stories about a year to two years later than the US of AYYYYY!) they married. Then the powers that be decided that Spidey's life wasn't miserable enough already so, when Mephisto came calling, Peter was given the choice to save Aunt May's life or have the entire marraige thing wiped from everybody's memory but his own. Guess which he chose. However, a little while late, MJ comes back and after some stuff I don't know cuase I don't read spidey they were going to get married again when a whole load of dung went down and MJ decided that she was not strong enough to be with peter. "

Not exactly. During the Civil War, Spider-Man revealed his secret identity. This didn't go well, especially after he changed sides in the war (and then lost), and Peter, MJ, and Aunt May ended up hiding out in a motel. One of Spider-Man's enemies tracked them down, and shot Aunt May. As she lay dying in the hospital, Peter went to extremes trying everything to save her. Then Mephisto comes along and offers to rewrite history -- the catch being that he will also erase Peter and MJ's marriage. It's a difficult decision, but MJ talks Peter into it. She also secretly gets Mephisto to promise to make Peter's identity a secret again, and to leave Peter alone forever.

In the next issue, we are dumped into Peter Parker's new life. His identity is a secret again and he and MJ were never married -- in fact they aren't even together anymore. But we aren't given any real explanation of what Mephisto changed exactly, until One Moment in Time, when Peter and MJ sit down to "talk about what happened," and give us a glimpse into their rewritten history.

In this story line we find out that Peter and MJ did almost get married. Just like in their original timeline wedding, they were both nervous and worried about the future. In the original, they were both late for the wedding, both showing up (separately) at the last minute. But in the Mephisto-created timeline, MJ shows up late, and Peter never shows up at all. Instead, he's lying unconscious in an alley after a Spider-Man fight. When he does come around, they decide it's best not to get married (and to never have kids). They are still together during the events of the Civil War. Peter reveals his identity as Spider-Man and Aunt May gets shot, but Peter performs CPR and saves her. Then the Spider enemy goes after MJ's Aunt Anna and threatens her sister. MJ and Spider-Man stop him, but MJ is injured. Spider-Man takes her to Dr. Strange to be healed, and while there, Dr. Strange, Tony Stark, and Reed Richards decide to perform a spell to erase the memory of Spider-Man's secret identity from the world. (This fulfills the promise MJ extracted from Mephisto.) At the last minute Peter pulls MJ into the shell that protects him from the spell, so that the two of them are the only ones in the world who know the truth. All of that turns out to be too much for Mary Jane (she wishes she had been allowed to forget, too), and they break up for good.

So, basically, they got married, and Mephisto rewrote history so that they only almost got married, and then ultimately broke up.

message 16: by Travis (new)

Travis (travishiltz) | 417 comments Mod
Ahhh, 'One more day', where the hero saves the day by making a deal with the devil.
and not metaphorically, the literal devil.

Way to keep it heroic marvel and keep reminding us that nothing good came out of Civil War.
The low point of Spider-man's history, until the dance number in Spider-man 3...