Delirity discussion

Author G > Chinooks Hockey Team - R. Gibson

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Heather (new)

Heather T (horrorvacui000) | 5931 comments Mod
All I have to say is that I want a sexy hockey player.

message 3: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments I read the first one and I thought this one was cute. Georgeanne was charming from the start. I hated what she over heard as a kid and it sure colored her life. I have a feeling it was a big part of why she was marrying Virgil. I do think the smartest thing she could have done was run out on him. I loved how that happened and how John reacted to her.

I will admit that I didn't care for John for much of the book. He was an ass to start with and I hated how he took advantage of Georgeanne, then dumped her at the airport. With those actions I don't blame her for keeping Lexi a secret from him.

I did like the scenes with Lexi and John, his first stunned knowledge to the awkwardness to his embracing his role and yearning to hear the word "Daddy" from her lips. I also really liked seeing Lexi manipulate John. The funny thing was that he knew what she was doing, but he still couldn't help herself.

I felt like John kept playing Georgeanne once he came back into her life. I thought that Georgeanne had some valid arguments. Even with all of that I was happy to see things ended.

I really liked the side romance with Mae and Hugh. Loved the smack down that Hugh gave Mae's date!

I look forward to reading more in this series

message 4: by Heather (new)

I liked that it was more realistic than a lot of these romance books.He had to figure out what to do. It didn't just magically happen. Plus, it wasn't like it was all happily ever after after first meeting and it's a fight to get things worked out. The side romance was great. =)
I'm going to re-read it. I remember loving how they met the first time and how freaked out he was. Didn't love his actions, but if your a professional hockey play, you don't risk your career for a one night stand w/ a girl that will get your butt fired. It was cruel, but I think I can understand the mindset he was in when he did it. I will say that books 5 and 6 were my favorites.

message 5: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments I wish that my library had these in audio. I think they would be fun in that form.

message 6: by Heather (new)

Okay. I started re-reading. I didn't know that it was her first book. There are moments that could be tweaked, but I'm impressed if this is the first one. I love that she was inspired by Messier. He's a NYC Rangers legend.

message 7: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments I just requested the rest of the series from the library yesterday.

message 8: by Heather (new)

I didn't notice this in the book, but the kindle version has about 100 typos and I'm still around chapter 4 or 5.

message 9: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments I didn't notice any typos in the book either.

message 10: by Heather (new)

Let me know what you think of the locker room scenes in book 2. =)

message 11: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments Sure.

message 12: by Carri (new)

Carri (carrifedor) | 145 comments Read it. loved it. I read the second one a few years ago, loved it also. I am a sucker for silly little romances i guess. I also want a sexy hockey player. LOL! I will have to track down the 3rd one from the library.

message 13: by Heather (new)

I now feel like I have to keep on with the series. I got books 1 and 2 on the kindle and just re-read them, but I think I'm going to have to library 3 and 4. I have 5 and 6 in paperback.

message 14: by Darcy (new)

Darcy (sunnytat462) | 2770 comments I just finished reading all of these. They were great, light summer fun reads.

Heather the locker room scenes had me laughing. I would think it would be awkward to say the least.

message 15: by Heather (new)

One of my guys just posed nude for a magazine. It's a little odd since he's got his stick. =)

The Body Issue