What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Play with dogs and cats backstage

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by D.M. (last edited Jun 02, 2012 11:19AM) (new)

D.M. Dutcher  | 340 comments This book I read probably prior to 1980, and definitely prior to 1985. As my memory holds, this was NOT fiction, but a play, and was shelved in the children's non-fiction section of the library.

My memory is fuzzy on this, but I believe it was a play starring dogs and cats. I think it was a mystery play, and I remember backstage illustrations being prominent, either on the cover or on each page in sort of an "illuminated text" fashion. You can see the stage, backstage, performers, etcetera.

Beyond that I don't know much else, except it was in hardcover format. Any idea?

message 2: by Abigail (new)

Abigail (handmaiden) | 390 comments Probably a longshot, but anything at all like Little Plays for Little People, illustrated by Ilse-Margret Vogel?

Contains 14 short plays, titles here

Kirkus Reviews review/summary

Someone blogged about the book and put up some of the illustrations of kids in makeshift animal costumes.

message 3: by D.M. (new)

D.M. Dutcher  | 340 comments Thanks, but no. I think they were actual animals rather than people dressed as them, and the cover was a lot busier than that. It was so long ago, but I remember it really being filled with the animals, even more so than a richard scarry book.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37753 comments Mod
D.M., are you still looking for this book?

message 5: by D.M. (new)

D.M. Dutcher  | 340 comments yeah but I doubt it will be found so feel free to shelve it.

message 6: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6972 comments Mod
You sure D.M.? You haven't really given the book much of a chance to be found. I had one found after 3 years. BUT....And this is a big one--I went in every 1 or 2 months and bumped it back to the top of the queue so that new people could see it, and us "old-timers" in the group would be reminded about it. Try doing that, and just be patient. 1.25 years isn't that long at all.

message 7: by D.M. (new)

D.M. Dutcher  | 340 comments It's fine. Not something to spend years on. Plus I feel it's one not many would remember.

message 8: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6972 comments Mod
Ok, then, moving this down to Abandoned then. If you change your mind, send one of the Mods a PM and they'll move it back up to Unsolved for you.