Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group discussion

Group Reads Archive > July Read Nominations: Larger than Life Hero

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 9732 comments Mod
For the July read, nominate a book with a hero who you find to be larger than life. He stands out in a class by himself. Any book that is G-rated to NC-17 and can be read as a standalone if part of a series. It doesn't have to be romance, but romance books are preferred. I will post the poll around the tenth of June.

message 2: by Jill (last edited Jun 02, 2012 07:02PM) (new)

Jill | 294 comments Jamie Fraser is my favourite Larger than life hero!! Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon or
Nathaniel Bonner from Into the Wilderness (Wilderness, #1) by Sara Donati both great larger than life heroes.
Who would sacrifice everything for those they love and what they believe to be right.

message 3: by Katya (new)

Katya | 327 comments How about someone famous - a rock star like Nick in: Love's Rhythm by Lexxie Couper

message 4: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Katya is Love's Rhythm highly erotic? Trying to keep the monthly read selections in the mainstream categories.

message 5: by Kryptonite (last edited Jun 04, 2012 05:10PM) (new)

Kryptonite (sg34) | 406 comments I'd agree with Jill on Jamie from Outlander (Outlander, #1) by Diana Gabaldon

I also want to add Acheron in Acheron (Dark-Hunter, #15) by Sherrilyn Kenyon , Bones in Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress, #1) by Jeaniene Frost , & Raphael in Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1) by Nalini Singh

message 6: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Lord of Scoundrels by Loretta Chase
The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum
A Game of Thrones by George RR Martin for Tyrion, who might be short of stature, but is definitely larger than life.

message 7: by Jill (new)

Jill | 294 comments Lady Danielle aka The Book Huntress wrote: "Lord of Scoundrels by Loretta Chase
The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum
A Game of Thrones by George RR Martin for Tyrion, who might be short of stature, but is definitely larger than life."

Tyrion is my favourite!!! Love a dry serious cutting wit!

message 8: by Katya (new)

Katya | 327 comments Lady Danielle aka The Book Huntress wrote: "Katya is Love's Rhythm highly erotic? Trying to keep the monthly read selections in the mainstream categories."

You know, I think it probably is....although it is much tamer than what that author usually writes. It is more mainstream than what she usually puts out. It is so hard these days to draw the line. I will withdraw this book. Sorry.

message 9: by Katya (new)

Katya | 327 comments How about Dragos Cuelebre in Dragon Bound (Elder Races, #1) by Thea Harrison

message 10: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

It's okay, Katya. It is hard to draw the line. And hard to tell by the description, so that's why I was checking with you. Thanks!

message 11: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

The poll is up until June 17th:

http://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/67087

message 12: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

Lord of Scoundrels won the poll. Discussion will start on 1st of July.

Rachel the Book Harlot | 217 comments Oh great! I've been dying to read that one.

message 14: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Loves 'Em Lethal (new)

I might have to do a reread!