J.D. Robb discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > In Death Buddy Reads Anyone?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 77 (77 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jonetta (last edited Jul 21, 2013 03:10PM) (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 12968 comments Mod
Buddy up with others who are going through the series so you can read same books together and plan to discuss the books when done. Post here what book in the series you plan to start and if you'd like a buddy. We'll leave the details to you and your buddy(ies).

You can also set up a topic in this folder to record your buddy read discussions. Suggested format for the topic name (example):

Buddy Read - Naked in Death (August 2013)

It doesn't matter if there are multiple buddy read topics for the same book if the dates are different.

message 2: by Dee (new)

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 1070 comments Since I have read everything, more than once, I am open to any book. But I would like a buddy to read. I know my friends aren't interested in the in death series, so except for you guys I have no one to talk and laugh about the series.

message 3: by Dee (new)

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 1070 comments ♨Miz♨ wrote: "@ Dee

I'm pretty much booked for this month. If all things go well, I may have an extra week of reading. However, up until the 16th of July I'm pretty much booked or considering myself booked. Af..."

I would love to be your buddy and July is fine. Do me a favor and contact me when you are ready. Because of my old age and Alzheimers I won't remember to contact you.

message 4: by Dee (new)

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 1070 comments ♨Miz♨ wrote: "@ Dee

I'm pretty much booked for this month. If all things go well, I may have an extra week of reading. However, up until the 16th of July I'm pretty much booked or considering myself booked. Af..."

What did you mean when you said (no fify shades/ JR Ward for me.) I also don't want to read Erotica and do you like Stephen King or not?

message 5: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 168 comments Anyone interested in doing a Betrayal in Death (In Death, #12) by J.D. Robb this month? I have that one worked into my challenges already.

message 6: by Dee (new)

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 1070 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "Anyone interested in doing a Betrayal in Death (In Death, #12) by J.D. Robb this month? I have that one worked into my challenges already."

I can read Betrayal with you. I don't quite know how this works. How fast do you read? Are you a fast reader or slow? I am deadly if I start a book at night. I usually stay up all night reading and like last night I started and finished a 300 page book. If you are not a fast reader I can tone it down and read at your pace.

message 7: by Dee (new)

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 1070 comments ♨Miz♨ wrote: "@Lisa Kay

I can't manage it this month. Sorry.

By the way, just a heads up about our buddy reads :

If you are buddying up for and In Death book, please have your discussion in the specific thre..."

Miz How do you chat privately and how do you manage to bold or italize print. I also want to know how you get those cute little pictures of books and yourself or like your little whatever that thing is?

message 8: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 168 comments Dee wrote: "I can read Betrayal with you. I don't quite know how this works. How fast do you read? Are you a fast reader or slow? I am deadly if I start a book at night. I usually stay up all night reading and like last night I started and finished a 300 page book. If you are not a fast reader I can tone it down and read at your pace."

I read about a book a day; however, spending time on GRs slows me down, LOL!

Anyway, everyone has their own way of doing "buddy reads." I usually do so over several days and post Discussion Questions (DQs), which participants taking turns posting the DQs. Here is an example: "Buddy Read" for Pink Carnation.

Are you interested in doing BiD that way, Dee? If so, when can you start?

message 9: by Dee (new)

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 1070 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "Dee wrote: "I can read Betrayal with you. I don't quite know how this works. How fast do you read? Are you a fast reader or slow? I am deadly if I start a book at night. I usually stay up all night..."

Yes I am interested and I can start yesterday (but since that is past, today or tomorrow.

message 10: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 168 comments Great, Dee! Let's do tomorrow, okay? I'll see if I can set up a thread under the right folder. I'll post a hyperlink.

message 11: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 168 comments Okay, Dee, I set up the "buddy read" for Betrayal in Death here .

message 12: by Dee (new)

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 1070 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "Okay, Dee, I set up the "buddy read" for Betrayal in Death
here
."

Sounds good. I went to the library and got the book. I have a lot of the books, but for some reason I didn't have that one. I'll start tomorrow

message 13: by Jessica (new)

Jessica If anyone would like to do a buddy read for August, I'll be reading Purity, Portrait and Imitation in Death this month and I'd be happy to read along with someone :)

message 14: by Patricia (new)

Patricia (pg4003) | 7 comments Jessica wrote: "If anyone would like to do a buddy read for August, I'll be reading Purity, Portrait and Imitation in Death this month and I'd be happy to read along with someone :)"

Hey Jessica, that's exactly where I am in the series. I haven't read any of them for a month or so, I'm ready to start back, so I'll read with you.

message 15: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Patricia wrote: "Jessica wrote: "If anyone would like to do a buddy read for August, I'll be reading Purity, Portrait and Imitation in Death this month and I'd be happy to read along with someone :)"

Hey Jessica,..."

AWESOME!

message 16: by Patricia (new)

Patricia (pg4003) | 7 comments Good! I downloaded Purity last night as an audio book from my library, so I'll probably start listening to it tomorrow. Don't know if I'll do the others as audio or on my Kindle. I like listening to these on audio, they go very quickly.

message 17: by Patricia (new)

Patricia (pg4003) | 7 comments Jessica, I just finished Purity. I'm still on the wait list at the library for Portrait, but Imitation is available, so just this once I'm going to read them out of order. I'm starting Imitation today, and will wait for Portrait from the library. I feel like it shouldn't make that big of a difference with two right next to each other in the series.

message 18: by Jonetta (last edited Aug 04, 2012 05:11PM) (new)

Jessica, there are HUGE developments in Portrait in Death that I'd hate to have spoiled for you by reading the next book. Just my opinion....

Sorry, Jessica! I meant this message for Patricia.

message 19: by Patricia (new)

Patricia (pg4003) | 7 comments Jonetta, that was me posting about reading them out of order. Now you are making me doubt my decision!

message 20: by Jonetta (new)

I'm sorry! I was talking to you. I don't mean to rain on your decision but Portrait in Death is pretty huge.

message 21: by Ness (new)

Ness (ness-reads) | 222 comments Hi there:) I'm now reading Conspiracy in Death and then going to read the rest of the serie. I'm also open to reread any of the previous books. It would be nice to have a read buddy :))

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

I've never had a buddy before. What does one do with one?

message 23: by Jonetta (new)

You read the same book during the same time period and then discuss it together.

You use this topic to find someone willing to buddy read with you.

Hope this is helpful.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes it is Jonetta, thanks.

message 25: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth | 116 comments If anyone is interested, I'm getting ready to (re)read Born in Death. Let me know if anyone wants to buddy read it with me now or in the near future! :-)

message 26: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Hi I have just started the series for the first time. Love it! I am up to Rapture if anyone is interested.

message 27: by Ness (new)

Ness (ness-reads) | 222 comments I'm starting portrait in death next, even if you are some books bewhind I would reread with yoiu, the serire ist just to funny and good to be read alone:)

message 28: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Hi I am up to Loyalty on Death if someone wants to buddy up.

message 29: by Silver (last edited Jul 04, 2013 05:09PM) (new)

Silver | 37 comments I don't read but I listen to them. I've listened to them 4 times already but I'm game if someone wants to go through the series again. Just message me and let me know and I'll start up again I just finished another series I was listening to so before I start another one I thought I'd post here first. This is my first time trying this buddy read but I'm game if someone wants a buddy.

message 30: by M (new)

M (bookrustler) | 26 comments I've started listening to the series again also, I've just started Seduction In Death. It's fun to see what others enjoy about the book I'm currently listening to.

message 31: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Hoover (sandrahoover) | 10204 comments Mod
I want to start the series over. I need to get them on audio so I can get some work done while I'm "reading"! My house, family, yard, pets, and everything else are being neglected while I read! lol

message 32: by Vera (new)

Vera Maslow | 446 comments I'm on Kindred ... Getting closer to finishing my reread/new ones!

message 33: by Silver (new)

Silver | 37 comments Sandra - *Starshine* wrote: "I want to start the series over. I need to get them on audio so I can get some work done while I'm "reading"! My house, family, yard, pets, and everything else are being neglected while I read! lol"

You really should that's the way I "read" all my books nowadays and it's cheaper, takes up less space and I can get other things done while I listen...lol.

message 34: by Sandra (new)

I checked out some options on audios today. My library has the ebooks but not audios but that's okay. I think I'll just purchase them since there is no doubt I'll listen to them more than once!

message 35: by Silver (new)

Silver | 37 comments Sandra - *Starshine* wrote: "I checked out some options on audios today. My library has the ebooks but not audios but that's okay. I think I'll just purchase them since there is no doubt I'll listen to them more than once!"

Best place I've found to get them is ioffer.com that's where I bought the whole series after I got addicted to them. Like I've said before I've listened to the whole series like 4 times now...lol.

message 36: by Jonetta (last edited Jul 05, 2013 07:19PM) (new)

If you're going to buy them, you should consider an Audible account.

message 37: by Silver (new)

Silver | 37 comments Jonetta, I have an audible account but to get the whole series it was cheaper to get them at ioffer.com. IF memory serves me right I got the whole series for less then $50 (used but hey who cares they are in good shape) and then I just downloaded them to my iPod. Then I use my audible account to get the new ones as they come out. I also discover other new series on audible I also like their new policy that if you don't like the book you buy you have so many days to 'return' it that way your not stuck with a book that sucks. As I had that happen back when I first got my account but now if I get one and don't like it I can just return it and get my credit back.

message 38: by Jonetta (new)

Thanks, Silver! I just have been posting at the same time as you. I've never heard of ioffer.com so thanks for adding another resource!

message 39: by Ness (new)

Ness (ness-reads) | 222 comments Lisa wrote: "Hi I am up to Loyalty on Death if someone wants to buddy up."

hey lisa , when do you think about starting it? right now I'm reading a Kristin Ashley Book, after that maybe?

message 40: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Hi Ness

Just let me know when you are ready, any time fine with me.

Lisa

message 41: by Ness (new)

Ness (ness-reads) | 222 comments Lisa wrote: "Hi Ness

Just let me know when you are ready, any time fine with me.

Lisa"

cool! I'll let you know when I almost finish this one, should be in about a week or a bit more because of my exams:)

message 42: by Deb (new)

Deb (deb605) I'm still fairly early in the series. If anyone is interested in joining me, I'll be reading Vengeance in Death (In Death, #6) by J.D. Robb next week.

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Debbie. I'm up to book number four... I am happy to wait for you to catch up if you need :)

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Oops! Just seen that you are ahead of me! I will need to catch up then!

message 45: by Sandra (new)

Our group buddy read is on number 5, Ceremony. Everyone is welcome to join in.

message 46: by Carol (Mocha) (new)

Carol (Mocha) | 85 comments I am on Glory, think its #3. I have a long way to go to catch up, but I'm tryin!!

message 47: by Sandra (new)

You're getting there, Carol. You'll make it!

message 48: by Deb (last edited Oct 12, 2013 03:21AM) (new)

Deb (deb605) I'm happy to see I'm not the only one still early in the series.
@Sandra what buddy read are you referring to? I'll be happy to join the discussion.

message 49: by Sandra (new)

You're not alone, Debbie. A group of us are reading/rereading the entire series. We just finished our discussion of Rapture and are beginning to read Ceremony. Join us in the Buddy Read folder - the thread right below this one in the list has been set up for Ceremony. If you don't mind rehashing Ceremony, we'll then be caught up to where you are. We just open the next book in a buddy read spoiler zone thread as we finish the previous one. Love to hear your thoughts as you read this series!

message 50: by Deb (new)

Deb (deb605) Thanks I found the thread (still new to GR), I'll join in.

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.