Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) Mockingjay discussion

Katniss/Gale vs Katniss/Peeta

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Alisha Taylor 💋 I Liked Katniss and Gale more because the friendship was there and he always wanted to protect her but he also let her be herself because he knows she's able to take care of herself so he's never too over baring unless Katniss is in direct danger

Paige I liked Peeta and Katniss better.. Mostly because he was sweet and loves her .. Im a sucker for that

Angie I prefere Katniss and Peeta !
they are so cute, despite everything that happens to them. Gale is the only one that gets me irritate ...

Margot McGowan Staebler Arno katniss and peeta all the way. gale was too destructive, whereas peeta is PERFECT for the theme of rebuilding.

Ceia Gale and Katniss because although Peeta is really sweet, I think Gale would make her happier. And I just think they are perfect together :3

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Peeta and katniss are bettet

Princessbooklover Peeta and Katniss because they both help each other when they need help. Also Peeta always supports Katniss and also Katniss ends up with Peeta!

Trinity Hanrahan Um... I'm gonna go with Peeta/Katniss because the whole concept of Katniss wanting to be Gale after he was instrumental in creating the same bombs that killed her sister just doesn't make me think she'd, you know, wanna live with him for the rest of her life.

I'm just sayin'... LOL

Simplyminali katniss/gale because they've known each other for such a long time

message 10: by Ceia (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ceia He only created the bomb though- it's not like he killed Prim. And even if she blamed him at first I think she'd understand after a while as they've been friends for so long.

Feminista Paige wrote: "I liked Peeta and Katniss better.. Mostly because he was sweet and loves her .. I m a sucker for that"

Mm. I agree with that. Peeta is so sweet and he loves her so very much. On top of that, Peeta was willing to give up his life for her,several times, through the first book, and in the second book when he re-enters the game.
That is a definite bonus in my book. Whereas Gale, is pretty much destructive. He gets angry when Katniss says that Peeta will run away with them, and his reluctance to go results in her re-entering the game. No matter how many times he says he is sorry, that wouldn't have changed. On top of that, he is so consumed by anger that he doesn't care that his explosives will kill people, like it did Katniss' sister. I thought that was utterly unforgiveable. He makes these mistakes because he is so blind to anything but revenge. That is not attractive, no matter how many years they have been friends, he should have known better.

Kiki~~다은이♥♥ True friendship: Gale <3 Katniss. Peeta barged into their relationship. It is just my opinion.

Angie in fact, i don't like his attitude. In the Mockingjay book, Gale think only to his vengeance. He prefer killed many innocent - kids - (same attitude that the Capitol...), and at the end, he " abandonned" Katniss... (but, I prefer :D)

But for your explanation, in the first book, i prefered Peeta.
and I've never found anything that makes me appreciate Gale. that's all, I have not strapped to his personal ...

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Siu Loong wrote: "oh. i see. i thought that gale was a pretty good best friend figure. but not really as a lover i guess. i first realized katniss was really really in love with peeta when he goes mutt and she's tel..."

I totally agree with you!

Hannah Kiki wrote: "True friendship: Gale <3 Katniss. Peeta barged into their relationship. It is just my opinion."
Totally agree

Hannah I HATE Peeta. Finick saved him and when Finnick needed saving, he stood there and watched. Gale was alright.

Nicki Katniss says it perfectly at the end of Mockingjay. Gale is too destructive and she has enough fire of her own. Peeta is the one to keep her calm and safe, her dandelion to remind her that everything will be ok. I loved Gale, but I cried over Peeta because of his devotion to Katniss. His values are stronger, and even though Gale and Peeta both want the Capitol to fall, Gale's motives rely on sinking to the Capitol's level and Peeta's involve overcoming the past. Plus there is the fact that Katniss will never be able to disassociate Gale from Prim's death.

ϮAʛʛⅇℛʊℵʛ {Supernatural Freak} Nicki wrote: "Katniss says it perfectly at the end of Mockingjay. Gale is too destructive and she has enough fire of her own. Peeta is the one to keep her calm and safe, her dandelion to remind her that everyt..."

I completely agree with you 150%!

Nicki well I think that is one of the underlying messages of the book, intentional or not. War changes people, and Katniss can't be with Gale at the end after all she's experienced. Gale is changed too from the war, they all are. The whole Gale vs Peeta thing is really a non-issue because if you were really engrossed in the book, then you were seeing through Katniss's eyes, and after all the things she experienced I wouldn't have picked Gale either.

Shanna_redwind Ceia wrote: "He only created the bomb though- it's not like he killed Prim. And even if she blamed him at first I think she'd understand after a while as they've been friends for so long."

I don't know that she would forgive him. She had a very hard time with the fact that he'd created it at all. I think that just the fact that he created them was close to a deal breaker for her and she would have had a very hard time with a relationship with him.

Katniss needs the gentleness that is in Peeta to balance her own harshness. I think if she was with Gale, she would end up being someone that she didn't like.

ϮAʛʛⅇℛʊℵʛ {Supernatural Freak} I agree with Shanna_redwind. Think about what those bombs are designed to do. They go off hurting a target that you know rescuers will immediately rush to, but design it do that it causes another detonation targeted at tw rescuers a few minutes later. Take away the prim factor completely, say she didn't get hurt. Would you in all honesty want to be with someone who designed a bomb that kills people trying to aid any survivors of the feat explosion as someone who doesn't have PTSD? Much less as someone who does? I sure wouldn't! Add in the fact that the bomb killed your little sister who you love enough to risk your life for multiple times....there is no way I would get over it no matter how much time I was given to work it out with that person. Never in a million years. And I'm saying this as a person who hasn't been through everything Katniss goes through.

Nicki Kiki wrote: "True friendship: Gale <3 Katniss. Peeta barged into their relationship. It is just my opinion."

Maybe in a story where the focus was Katniss's love life that would have been true. If there were no hunger games in the scenario and nothing at stake but romance then maybe. But there was more to this story than who ended up with who.

Your comment (no offense) reminds me of the way a person in the capitol would be thinking, more concerned about the romance and glamour than the real stuff happening.

Granted, it's just a book, but I don't think I've ever read one this thought provoking. Maybe Lord of the Flies

Phoebe Steinberg KATNISS AND PETA the book explains it all

Penelope (Penelope’s Picks) Katniss and Gale. ALL THE WAY.