J.D. Robb discussion

Robb's Rules > New Members, Please Introduce Yourself

Comments Showing 1-50 of 2,107 (2107 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 42 43

message 1: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 13386 comments Mod
Welcome to the J. D. Robb group! Let us know something about you, how you became a fan of the series, where you are in your reading and anything else that you want to share. We're glad you found us!

message 2: by Jonetta (last edited Jun 02, 2012 06:59AM) (new)

I'm Jonetta and a lot of you already know me but as one of your new moderators, I'll start fresh.

Someone gave me a paperback copy of Naked in Death many years ago and I filed it on my bookshelf. About two years ago, my husband bought me my first eReader and my sisters-in-law were adamant that I try the first book in the series as an eBook. Well, three months later I'd finished the entire series! I joined Shelfari to find people to discuss the books and soon was coadministrating the group on that site. I joined Goodreads early last year and almost immediately joined this group.

I still love talking about this series!

message 3: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 168 comments Hi, Miz and Jonetta!! Thanks for agreeing to be our new moderators. Best wishes - and thanks - to Vanessa and Shazzy.

message 4: by Jonetta (new)

Thanks, Lisa Kay!

message 5: by Dee (new)

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 1070 comments Hey T and Jonetta Thanks for agreeing to be the moderator. How and when did it happen? I became a in death fam about 1998. My job at the time was a lot of mindless activity, so I went to the library and was getting audio books to keep me occupied while I worked. I happened to pick up one of the in death books, can't remember which one, and fell in love with the series. I didn't realize that I needed to read it in order. I did that a couple of years ago.

I found this group about a year ago while surfing the internet. I had no idea that there were on line book clubs. I enjoyed both ever since.

message 6: by Jonetta (new)

Thanks, Dee! So you started with the audiobooks. I hear so many raving about the narrator, Susan Erickson.

message 7: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 168 comments Oh, the narrator, Susan Erickson, is great. There is another narrator out there... so be careful. But, she is good too. Yup, Cristine McMurdo-Wallis! (Yes, Cristine without the "h".)

message 8: by Monica (new)

Monica | 39 comments Hi, I'm Monica. I started In Death just over a year ago thanks to Jonetta and I'm hooked. I'm slowly, but surely, catching up with the series. I've been switching between reading and listening to the books and have been enjoying both. Can't wait to get in on some great discussions!

Thanks for the invite, Jonetta!

message 9: by Jonetta (new)

Welcome to the group, Monica! Thrilled you joined:)

message 10: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (gmbygrl) | 8 comments Hi, My name is Sarah and I had heard buzz about the in death series from my sister in 2007. The first book i actually started with was the book remember when. I was seriously intrigued by that section of it, and then picked up Divided in death and visions in death hardcover at a book sale. Loved them both so I scoured sales and internet and bought everything from naked in death up to Innocent in death in paperback, and have continued to purchase the new books in the series the day they hit bookshelves. It remains the only series I ever buy full price in stores lol

message 11: by Jonetta (new)

Hi, Sarah! Wow, you came to the series sort of in the middle. Glad you were able to backtrack to the beginning. Yes, this is the one series where I have to have the book on day of release, too:)

Thanks for being part of the group.

message 12: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (gmbygrl) | 8 comments Yeah I was stuck in a different series at the time, hovering between murder mysteries and fantasy. But my sister can be very persistent and got me remember when as a gift. A series well worth the money spent lol

message 13: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (gmbygrl) | 8 comments Ahhh I strive to be unique lol :D

message 14: by Karen (new)

Karen Allen (tetaknits) | 2 comments I'm Karen and I don't remember when I found the series, but it must have been about 2009 or 2010. I had seen the books pop up in the book stands at the grocery store and like mysteries and sci-fi, so I went to the library and started with the first one and read through. I just finished New York to Dallas, so I need to get to the library for the next one. :)

My DIL reads them, too and has gotten my son reading them! We sometimes end up talking about them and my husband chuckles at us since it sounds like we're talking about mutual friends!

message 15: by Jonetta (new)

But they are our friends!! :)

Glad to meet you, Karen and how great is that that your son is reading the series. I think more men would like it if they just tried it.

Thanks for introducing yourself.

message 16: by Karree (new)

Karree (boyle92) | 1 comments Morning all! My name is Karree and I was turned onto the In Death series by Jonetta. It's really ALL her fault. lol. I can't deny I have fallen in love with Eve and Roarke. The stories never get stale or boring, and the environment is always changing.

I spend most of my time over on Shelfari, but am trying to get more involved in Goodreads. It's just a matter of learning to navigate the system. Whew...

message 17: by Jonetta (new)

Hey, just sharin' the addiction:)

Glad to see you here! I'm on Shelfari more but when on GRs, I'm here. Hope you have fun!

message 18: by Dee (last edited Jun 05, 2012 05:10PM) (new)

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 1070 comments Hi Gang, I don't know where to put this statement, but Jonetta and Miz I am glad you are now new monitors. I LOVE the new threads you have put in. Since I have easily made comments on all the different threads, I was kind of getting bored with the discussions. I got to the point of opening up this site when there was a new book. Althrough Robb is a prolific writer she is not that fast, especially since I can easily read a book a day.

So anyway congratulations on the new job and if you need anything let me know.

message 19: by Jonetta (new)

Hey, Dee! Great to hear from you again and I've enjoyed discussions with you in the past. We're glad you're enjoying the changes as we have LOTS more to talk about.

Thanks for posting!

message 20: by Liz (Bugetta) (new)

Liz (Bugetta) (bugetta) Hi everyone, my name is Liz and I started the In Death series back when Naked in Death was first released. I was a faithful reader until (I think) Survivor in Death and then for various reasons, I stopped. I've been wanting to get back to the series (thanks in large part to Jonetta :)). First I plan to re-read Naked in Death and then listen to the audiobooks starting with Survivor in Death. :)

message 21: by Jonetta (new)

Hi, Liz! I'm really glad to see you here and that you're resuming reading the series. Your plan seems like a good one to restart. Can't wait to get in book discussions with you.

Thanks for joining!

message 22: by Saunja (new)

Saunja (saumoren) | 1 comments Hi everyone, my name is Saunja and I got my first In Death book "Portrait in Death" at 15 and fell in love with the series. Couldn't read it as often as I wanted because of school but I collected the books nonetheless. Then on Dec 20,2011 I started Naked in Death and by Jan 10, 2012 I was done with series. Since then I read it about three times. I love this series.

message 23: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 168 comments Hi, Dee, Liz, & Saunja!!!

message 24: by Jonetta (new)

Hi, Saunja! Good to have you here and we share the three times around with this series:) However, it took me three months the first time! I'm impressed.

Looking forward to talking In Death with you.

message 25: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 4 comments Hi everyone, my name is Tracy. Jonetta recommended this series to me awhile back (thank you!) and I have fallen in love with it. Roarke has to be one of the sexiest & sweetest heroes I have read to date. I'm currently reading Loyalty In Death. I look forward to discussing the series with you all. :)

message 26: by Jonetta (new)

Hey, Tracy! Thanks for joining and I cannot believe you're already up to Loyalty in Death!!!

Welcome.

message 27: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 168 comments Welcome, Tracy!

message 28: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 4 comments Jonetta wrote: "Hey, Tracy! Thanks for joining and I cannot believe you're already up to Loyalty in Death!!!

Welcome."

Thanks! I know! Although I still have 30 something books to go. Loving every minute of it.

message 29: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 4 comments ♨Miz♨ wrote: "Thank you for joining, Tracy ! I hope you love the next 30 something as much I do !"

Thank you! :)

message 30: by Amie (new)

Amie (alm0824) | 125 comments Hi everyone, my name is Amie. I’m new to the In Death series and GR. I decided a couple of months ago that I wanted to read all of Nora Robert's books and was on the fence about the JD Robb ones and then I read Naked In Death and absolutely fell in love with it. I was able to come across an almost complete collection on Ebay and couldn’t pass it up. Now my to-read list is growing quicker than I can keep up it.

message 31: by Jonetta (new)

Welcome to the group, Amie! How fun to just be starting the series. You're in for a treat. Enjoy and please let us know as you finish each book.

message 32: by Dee (new)

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 1070 comments Hey Amie, I have been an in death reader since I think the stone age and found when I am bored and want to read an interesting book keep coming back to them. I found this group about a year ago and have loved it. It is so cool to be able to be excited about a story, scene, or whatever and be able to chat with someone about it.

message 33: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 168 comments Welcome, Amie!

message 34: by Sierra (new)

Sierra Hello all! I'm Sierra and I don't remember when I read my first In Death, it was a while ago. I think I picked up my first one for a flight from one of the book stores at the airport. Well I don't have much time to read. (I haven't got into the audio-books.) But I did get a Kindle and now I have been working my way through the series. My mother is also a fan, and I'm working on letting her borrow the series so she can catch up with me! I'm currently reading Chaos, so I'm getting close to being caught up!

message 35: by Jonetta (new)

Welcome, Sierra! It's great you've enrolled your mother into the series, too. Enjoy yourself here.

message 36: by Imjstgr8 (new)

Imjstgr8 | 6 comments Hello,

My name is Val.. And I am new to this group but definitely not new to the In Death series...

From what I can remember, I came across Loyaly in Death in a library sale way back in 2005 or so.. Found out that it was part of a series (thankfully BEFORE reading it as I HATE to read books out of order..drives me crazy).. Went and started looking for the others (she started writing them in 1995..wow) and found them in the library but after reading the first three.. decided that I needed them ALL and began collecting them through different book websites (PBS, TT, FR), thrift stores, etc.. And now everytime one comes available I buy it.. even though I am about 4 behind as every now and again I have to take a break from them..

I am glad to find somewhere to talk about them....

message 37: by Dee (new)

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 1070 comments Hi Val, Glad to have you in our group. This is a fun group. Jonetta and Miz are new moderators and they have really been setting this site on fire.

message 38: by Jonetta (new)

Welcome, Val! How smart you were to read the books in order as the stories are best served up that way. Thanks for joining.

message 39: by Imjstgr8 (new)

Imjstgr8 | 6 comments Jonetta wrote: "Welcome, Val! How smart you were to read the books in order as the stories are best served up that way. Thanks for joining."

Thanks everyone for the welcome and @ Jonetta, I wouldn't call it smart just extra anal..lol... It does something to me when I read a book out of order... I can't seem to get into the series or something... *shrug*

message 40: by Jonetta (new)

I suffer from the same, Val. I cannot read a series out of order...*shudder*

message 41: by Quynh (new)

Quynh | 1269 comments Hi all! I'm Quynh. My first In Death experience was back in 2004. I was actually searching for more of Nora's books considering I'm a huge fan of hers. Then I found out she wrote under another name, JD Robb. Lo and behold, I found the series, went on ebay to buy as many of the books as I can and caught up to them. I think I had up to Imitation if I recall correctly. Read all the books in order. Now I've been following the series since. It's by far by favorite series of any genre. I have all the books in paperback format. I do want to get them in hardcover eventually, but I need to make lots of money for that lol.

I have a lot of favorites within the series, mainly Portrait, Innocent, NYTD, Conspiracy just to name a few.

I'm still new to goodreads, so I'm glad I found this where I know I can actually participate and follow discussions. =)

message 42: by Jonetta (new)

Welcome, Quynh! I'm glad you joined and boy, you've named three of my top five favorites as yours. Enjoy the group.

message 43: by Quynh (new)

Quynh | 1269 comments Thanks for the welcome! :D

message 44: by Dee (last edited Jul 06, 2012 06:14PM) (new)

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 1070 comments welcome Quynh it's a fun group

message 45: by Quynh (new)

Quynh | 1269 comments It definitely is! I'm enjoying myself so far.

message 46: by Kim (new)

Kim (grandpasrugrat) | 5 comments New here. I've read all the the In Death series, okay, minus the novellas. I can't wait until the new one comes out, though I think JD should be required to release new ones every three months. This waiting is killing me, lol!

message 47: by Jonetta (new)

Welcome, Kim! Yeah, I hate these intervals between books, too.

message 48: by Kim (new)

Kim (grandpasrugrat) | 5 comments Jonetta, I really want a Pepsi from a tube and an auto-chef....that would be the life....I'm in need of some Peabody making Eve cringe time :)

message 49: by Jonetta (new)

I'm on record about that auto-chef!!! It's my number one coveted item. More Peabody time is always at the top of my list.

message 50: by Dee (new)

Dee Sauter (indeathaddict) | 1070 comments I want the droid

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 42 43