Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Glow (Sky Chasers, #1)
This topic is about Glow
Previous BRs - Authors; Q - T > Ryan, Amy Kathleen - Glow - Start Date July 22

Comments Showing 1-50 of 78 (78 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Sep 13, 2012 05:04PM) (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 30934 comments Mod
description
This topic will be open for the discussion of Glow by Amy Kathleen Ryan at a yet to be determined date in July.

Goodreads synopsis:
What if you were bound for a new world, about to pledge your life to someone you'd been promised to since birth, and one unexpected violent attack made survival—not love—the issue?

Out in the murky nebula lurks an unseen enemy: the New Horizon. On its way to populate a distant planet in the wake of Earth's collapse, the ship's crew has been unable to conceive a generation to continue its mission. They need young girls desperately, or their zealous leader's efforts will fail. Onboard their sister ship, the Empyrean, the unsuspecting families don't know an attack is being mounted that could claim the most important among them...

Fifteen-year-old Waverly is part of the first generation to be successfully conceived in deep space; she was born on the Empyrean, and the large farming vessel is all she knows. Her concerns are those of any teenager—until Kieran Alden proposes to her. The handsome captain-to-be has everything Waverly could ever want in a husband, and with the pressure to start having children, everyone is sure he's the best choice. Except for Waverly, who wants more from life than marriage—and is secretly intrigued by the shy, darkly brilliant Seth.

But when the Empyrean faces sudden attack by their assumed allies, they quickly find out that the enemies aren't all from the outside.

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 30934 comments Mod
Reading Schedule:
TBD at a later date

message 3: by Lisarenee (last edited Jul 22, 2012 07:48PM) (new) - added it

Lisarenee | 7659 comments How does this sound?

Date Sections Pages PPQCs
July 22 Part one (Twin Ships) 1 - 51 Lisa
July 23 Part Two (Captives) 52 - 108 Laura
July 24 Part Three (Maneuvers) 109 - 166 Rachel
July 25 Part Four(Subversions) 167 - 238 Kim L.
July 26 Part Five (Metamorphosis) 239 - 307

message 4: by Lisarenee (new) - added it

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Who is reading this one?

Kim I am reading this one. I have it on my Kindle ready to go.

Laura (lglovett) | 1437 comments I purchased this before I even knew it was going to be a book of the month. I am all ready to go!

Stefani (steffiebaby140) | 807 comments I'm in! I was shocked to discover I bought this on my Nook a few months ago, very glad I didn't buy a paper copy for this last weekend lol.

Kim Stefani wrote: "I'm in! I was shocked to discover I bought this on my Nook a few months ago, very glad I didn't buy a paper copy for this last weekend lol."

I bought it a few months ago too! It was only $2.99. I can't remember if I nominated it or not. :)

message 9: by Lisarenee (new) - added it

Lisarenee | 7659 comments About to start writing questions

message 10: by Lisarenee (last edited Jul 22, 2012 07:42PM) (new) - added it

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Questions for Part One

1) Is anyone else thinking this one reminds them of Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder?

2) So what didn't the New Hope have (besides children) that the thriving ship had? Could it be they had no woman? They didn't take any of the young boys. Makes me wonder then shudder thinking 40 year old guys have all these young girls if in fact there are no woman on the other ship.

3) One ship was filled with religious people and the other filled with nonreligious people. Interesting that the one not thriving is the religious ship.

4) If melt down is taking place on the old ship and radiation is leaking will the survivors be able to survive?

5) Was there too much to take in for this first part? Did you feel confused?

6) What did you think of Waverly? Seth? Kieran?

7) What do you think the Captain didn't tell them?

8) Are you enjoying it so far? Are you hooked or bored?

Laura (lglovett) | 1437 comments Questions for Part One

1) Is anyone else thinking this one reminds them of Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder?
I haven't read that series, but it is on my TBR list. I am thinking that at first for some reason it kind of reminded me of this old BBC TV show that I used to be fond of called Red Dwarf. I don't know why but it just reminded me of that. Also, the mom and the whole get married and have babies thing kind of had me thinking about Partials.

2) So what didn't the New Hope have (besides children) that the thriving ship had? Could it be they had now woman? They didn't take any of the young boys. Makes me wonder then shudder thinking 40 year old guys have all these young girls if in fact there are no woman on the other ship.
They had to have had at least a few. I thought they described one of the armed strangers as being a woman. We don't know much of anything about this other ship, so it is hard to make any predictions. I am guessing maybe a bunch of them have died? Maybe it has something to do with religion. It seemed like the author made sure to point out that the people were divided based on religious beliefs. I don't know.

3) One ship was filled with religious people and the other filled with nonreligious people. Interesting that the one not thriving is the religious ship.
I thought the same thing. It makes me wonder if the book is going to be all about the religious aspect. I am not sure if I will like it if it turns out to be that way.

4) If melt down is taking place on the old ship and radiation is leaking will the survivors be able to survive?
I think at least some of them will have to survive in order for the story to be interesting and to keep the reader vested in the story. Now that we know about Seth and Kieran, I want to know what happened to them and their families.

I wasn't confused, but there was a lot of information to take in. I am looking forward to reading more about everyone. I am sure it will just get more interesting as it goes along.

I really liked Waverly a lot. I think she is easy to relate to because she is not constantly thinking about love, marriage, and having children at the age of 16. I am not sure about Kieran, but the little glimpse of the past we got from Seth made me fall in love with his character instantly.

I am thinking he didn't tell them lots of things. He definitely didn't tell them about the other ship being infertile. I am not sure what else he kept a secret.

So far I am interested. There are already a lot of things that I like about it and a few things that I am leary of. I hope that the author doesn't go with the religious route.

Laura (lglovett) | 1437 comments By the way if you need someone to do questions tomorrow, I am willing to help out.

message 13: by Kim (new) - rated it 1 star

Kim Questions for Part One

I read Inside Out a couple of years ago, but I don't remember very much about it. I rated it 3 stars, but didn't like it enough to read the second one.

2) So what didn't the New Hope have (besides children) that the thriving ship had? Could it be they had now woman? They didn't take any of the young boys. Makes me wonder then shudder thinking 40 year old guys have all these young girls if in fact there are no woman on the other ship.

I am thinking that they have women, but they are too old to have a chance of much success at child bearing so they want the young girls to give them a better chance of having kids. Yeah, I am thinking they want the 40 year old guys to try having kids with the girls. Yuck!!! :)

That is interesting. I didn't think of that. I will be curious to see why that is. Maybe they relied too much on divine intervention without paying attention to the science?

I am thinking they will find a way out of it. At the very least, Kiernan and Seth have to survive so there will be a love triangle.

I wasn't confused. I usually prefer novels that start out with action.

I am not sure yet. So far none of the characters are standing out for me, but if I had to pick my favorite it would be Seth.

Who knows!!! He is definitely not trustworthy and kept lots of secrets.

I am liking it so far. I haven't really connected with any of the characters, but I am curious about where the story is going.

message 14: by Lisarenee (new) - added it

Lisarenee | 7659 comments That'd be great. Thanks.

message 15: by Kim (new) - rated it 1 star

Kim Laura ~ That's right. I forgot one of the armed strangers was a women. I really think the women are just getting older making childbirth much less successful.

message 16: by Kim (new) - rated it 1 star

Kim I can also take a day to do questions if needed.

Rachel (treychel) | 1484 comments Not only Inside Out, but Across the Universe by Beth Revis...

Rachel (treychel) | 1484 comments I've got Tuesday's questions.

Laura (lglovett) | 1437 comments I hate it that they didn't tell us what happened to earth. I should be used to it by now though. Most of these types of books don't give us much background.

message 20: by Lisarenee (new) - added it

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Thanks guys. I put you down for Tuesday Rachel. Kim, I put you down for Wednesday. Does that work for you?

message 21: by Kim (new) - rated it 1 star

Kim Rachel wrote: "Not only Inside Out, but Across the Universe by Beth Revis..."

Across the Universe is another one I didn't read past the first book, LOL.

message 22: by Kim (new) - rated it 1 star

Kim Lisarenee wrote: "Thanks guys. I put you down for Tuesday Rachel. Kim, I put you down for Wednesday. Does that work for you?"

Yep, that works!

Stefani (steffiebaby140) | 807 comments Questions for Part One

I haven't read that one, but I will have to look it up now.

2) So what didn't the New Hope have (besides children) that the thriving ship had? Could it be they had no woman? They didn't take any of the young boys. Makes me wonder then shudder thinking 40 year old guys have all these young girls if in fact there are no woman on the other ship.

Well, wasn't one of the people with guns later a woman? They had to have at least a few children, they've been in space for like 40 years everyone would be elderly if there were never any children at all.

I'm hoping this isn't going to be one of those book long rants about religion by the author lol. I hate those.

This kind of bugged me actually. In the synopsis and the first bit they made it very clear there will be a love triangle with Kieran and Seth, so clearly they have to live past the first few chapters for that to happen.

I wasn't confused, but it was a lot of information to take in. I keep getting confused over which ship is which.

So far I really like all of them, although we don't really know all that much about any of them.

I'm not sure I entirely trust the Captain. You'd think he'd have been more concerned about their sister ship rather than suspicious.

I am enjoying it, though slightly bugged with the author's timeline issues. Kieran says they've been in space for 42 years. Waverly's parents were on earth for quite a long time it seems, they didn't marry until they were in their twenties which we assume was before the ship went into space because her mom said that was "before it became so important to have children sooner". So how old are all these parents? 60 something? Then how could they possibly have teenagers? It's bugging me.

Laura (lglovett) | 1437 comments @Stefani

I assume in these types of books that maybe their reality is different than ours. I mean they are traveling to a new earth. Maybe something happened to make them age slower?

Although you are right. It is annoying when things don't flow because you are constantly wondering why or how something could happen that shouldn't be possible.

Rachel (treychel) | 1484 comments Kim L wrote: "Rachel wrote: "Not only Inside Out, but Across the Universe by Beth Revis..."

Across the Universe is another one I didn't read past the first book, LOL. "

Lol. I read the second one too, but preferred the first one.

Stefani (steffiebaby140) | 807 comments Laura wrote: "@Stefani

I assume in these types of books that maybe their reality is different than ours. I mean they are traveling to a new earth. Maybe something happened to make them age slower?

Although you..."

That's true. I hope it's something like that and that it gets explained, because if there's no explanation for it then it will bug me through the whole book lol.

Stefani (steffiebaby140) | 807 comments Laura wrote: "I hate it that they didn't tell us what happened to earth. I should be used to it by now though. Most of these types of books don't give us much background."

That gets on my nerves too. Why was it so imperative that you leave the earth completely? They never want to tell me unless it's one of those authors that goes on long winded rants about being green and saving the earth from this fate and that kind of thing.

Laura (lglovett) | 1437 comments That is so true, why does everything have to be about global warming. Why can't it be something original, like a giant meteor coming to hit Earth or something. Or Maybe the gaint volcano under Yellowstone errupts. I don't know something different.

Laura (lglovett) | 1437 comments I am reading today's part now and will be posting questions shortly.

message 30: by Stefani (last edited Jul 23, 2012 10:54AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Stefani (steffiebaby140) | 807 comments Laura wrote: "That is so true, why does everything have to be about global warming. Why can't it be something original, like a giant meteor coming to hit Earth or something. Or Maybe the gaint volcano under Yell..."

Exactly! Just because global warming is a hot topic these days doesn't mean it always has to be the answer. Though anything else usually gets attacked. For example, I read Flashback by Dan Simmons and the end of the United States was initiated by an attack by Muslim extremists. The biggest complaint anyone seems to have with the book is that he wrote about his "conservative politics" and to "leave politis out of books", but no one complains when it's their politics in a plot lol. I liked it just because it was different and the world was still just as screwed up.

Laura (lglovett) | 1437 comments Hmmm....I might have to read that one. It sounds very interesting.

message 32: by Kim (new) - rated it 1 star

Kim Laura wrote: "That is so true, why does everything have to be about global warming. Why can't it be something original, like a giant meteor coming to hit Earth or something. Or Maybe the gaint volcano under Yell..."

I just read a book about the Yellowstone volcano erupting. It was Ashfall. I thought it was really good and different. We live near Yellowstone and my 13 year old is paranoid about that volcano. I am not letting him read the book, LOL.

Laura (lglovett) | 1437 comments Kim L wrote: "Laura wrote: "That is so true, why does everything have to be about global warming. Why can't it be something original, like a giant meteor coming to hit Earth or something. Or Maybe the gaint volc..."

I am definitely going to have to read that book.

I am a Science teacher and in 6th grade in Texas we have a unit on Earth Science. We taught about the formation of volcanoes and other landforms and afterwards we watched the Discovery Channel movie called Volcanoe. It is all about what would happen if Yellowstone erupted.

A couple of my kids were paranoid for weeks after that movie, but they all enjoyed it. I can only imagine what it would be like if we lived closer to it.

Laura (lglovett) | 1437 comments Sorry guys for some reason I had a hard time coming up with questions today. I think the rain has messed with my brain a bit.

Laura's Questions for Part Two

9. Preacher Anne Mather is something else. It sounds like parts of her story of the past could be true. Do you think she truly believes that she is saving the girls or do you think she has an ulterior motive? Do you believe her story about the past or do you think she manipulated things in her favor?

10. Felicity is getting on my nerves. I know she had some terrible things happen to her on the Empryean, but do you think she is being too much of a sissy? Do you think she is going to turn on the girls and side with Pastor Anne?

12. So we get a little bit of explanation as to why the adults on the New Horizon are so weak. What did you think of this explanation? Do you think that we will read more about this later on?

12. What did you think of Amanda and Josiah? Do you think that they have any idea about what happened with the Empyrean or do you think that they have been kept in the dark?

13. This New Horizon crew sounds a bit cultish or maybe Amish. Anyone else getting that vibe? What did you think of the painting of Pastor Anne as a child? Did that creep anyone else out?

14. Apparently not everyone likes Pastor Anne. What did you think of Jessica's note in the toilet? Who do you think Pastor Anne has down in the hold? Do you think anyone was left on the Empryean and survived?

Stefani (steffiebaby140) | 807 comments Kim L wrote: "I just read a book about the Yellowstone volcano erupting. It was Ashfall. I thought it was really good and different. We live near Yellowstone and my 13 year old is paranoid about that volcano. I am not letting him read the book, LOL.
"

I thought about that books too actually! I haven't read it but its on my ever-growing-massively-oversized TBR list.

Stefani (steffiebaby140) | 807 comments Laura's Questions for Part Two

9. Preacher Anne Mather is something else. It sounds like parts of her story of the past could be true. Do you think she truly believes that she is saving the girls or do you think she has an ulterior motive? Do you believe her story about the past or do you think she manipulated things in her favor?

I think it's a bit of both. I think that parts of her story are absolutely true. But some parts are a lie because they make a better story for kidnapping the girls. I wouldn't be surprised at sabotage and abuse and all that, but the rest is total bull.

10. Felicity is getting on my nerves. I know she had some terrible things happen to her on the Empryean, but do you think she is being too much of a sissy? Do you think she is going to turn on the girls and side with Pastor Anne?

I think there's a lot more to her story than we know so far. They kind of alluded to some kind of abuse or assault, but I'd like to see her move past that and stand up and fight for herself. I think she will side with Anne in the end.

12. So we get a little bit of explanation as to why the adults on the New Horizon are so weak. What did you think of this explanation? Do you think that we will read more about this later on?

I hope so, and I hope it becomes more of a factor to the plot. It definitely shows evidence that they've been planning this for a long time

12. What did you think of Amanda and Josiah? Do you think that they have any idea about what happened with the Empyrean or do you think that they have been kept in the dark?

I wouldn't be surprised if most people were either kept in the dark or told the same BS story that the girls were.

13. This New Horizon crew sounds a bit cultish or maybe Amish. Anyone else getting that vibe? What did you think of the painting of Pastor Anne as a child? Did that creep anyone else out?

That was a bit weird, kinda made my skin crawl a little even though they seem very nice. And Pastor Anne is a perfect cult leader lol.

14. Apparently not everyone likes Pastor Anne. What did you think of Jessica's note in the toilet? Who do you think Pastor Anne has down in the hold? Do you think anyone was left on the Empryean and survived?

If I had to guess at least Kieran and Seth are there...its YA, it's going to have a love triangle lol. I like Jessica so far, she earned a lot of credibility with me that the "guard" seemed suspicious of her too asking if she left anything behind.

Laura (lglovett) | 1437 comments @Stefani

#14- I am going to have to reread this bit. It sounded to me like there were only adults from the Empyrean on the New Horizon. I didn't think any of the boys had made it on.

Stefani (steffiebaby140) | 807 comments Laura wrote: "@Stefani

#14- I am going to have to reread this bit. It sounded to me like there were only adults from the Empyrean on the New Horizon. I didn't think any of the boys had made it on."

Jessica made it sound like they were being held captive more than they were also there from the initial kidnapping. And if that's true it could be anybody.

message 39: by Kim (new) - rated it 1 star

Kim Laura's Questions for Part Two

Yeah, I don't like her at all. I think the story of her past that she told Waverly is probably mostly true. Captain Jones does not seem like a good person. I do think she feels the girls are better off on the New Horizon, but she definitely has ulterior motives for bringing them on board.

It does seem like she is being kind of stubborn and staying the victim instead of fighting back. I can totally see her turning on the girls.

Honestly, I didn't give it much thought. Psychics was my worst class in college and I had to take it because I was a computer science major. So I didn't even try to analyze it, LOL.

I like them. I am hoping they have been kept in the dark and aren't part of the deception.

It feels cultish to me too. I get the feeling Pastor Anne doesn't want anyone to have their own thoughts. She is way too controlling.

I definitely think there are survivors of the Empryean and they must be down there, because I don't know who else it would be. I am surprised Pastor Anne would keep survivors around, but maybe even she has a little bit of a conscious. I was glad Jessica left a note and not everyone on the ship is fooled by Pastor Anne.

message 40: by Kim (new) - rated it 1 star

Kim Stefani wrote: "Laura wrote: "@Stefani

#14- I am going to have to reread this bit. It sounded to me like there were only adults from the Empyrean on the New Horizon. I didn't think any of the boys had made it on...."

I was thinking the people in the hold were picked up later, but now I don't know if they would have had the chance to get captives. Did they leave right away after taking the girls? Maybe we will find out in the next part.

Stefani (steffiebaby140) | 807 comments @ Kim

Physics was my worst subject too! I hated all math, loved science....but a science that has math, nope not happening.

message 42: by Kim (new) - rated it 1 star

Kim Stefani wrote: "@ Kim

Physics was my worst subject too! I hated all math, loved science....but a science that has math, nope not happening."

LOL! I didn't mind math, but I had the hardest time doing it combined with physics!!!!

Laura (lglovett) | 1437 comments Stefani wrote: "@ Kim

Physics was my worst subject too! I hated all math, loved science....but a science that has math, nope not happening."

I am with you on the math. Maybe I would have liked it a bit more if it came easier to me. It was the one subject where I had problems. I don't know why.

message 44: by Lisarenee (last edited Jul 23, 2012 09:12PM) (new) - added it

Lisarenee | 7659 comments Laura's Questions for Part Two

I think to every good lie there is some truth. I just don't know what to believe and what not to. From what Felicity revealed it looks like the ship's men were looking to use the young girls and the captain did seem to take issue with Kieran's relationship with Waverly. I just don't know.

I think that's a good possibility. Sounds like she was raped, but we don't know the details. Was it just one man or more? Remember when the alarms went off in the Empryean and Waverly said Felicity looked like she was in shock? You just have to wonder.

I think that was probably all we'll get on the matter. I remember watching a show about astronauts and they said something similar about when astronauts return to Earth after a trip. I found it interesting.

I think everyone on the New Horizon knows what has and is happening. I think if I was Waverly or anyone else I'd be careful what I eat and drink. I don't trust any of them. They are too interested in periods and being fertile for my tastes. It's creepy.

I felt like they were trying a little too hard to convince Waverly that they liked kids. Yes, there was a cultish feel. Don't drink the Kool-aid!

I hope they are okay on the Empryean. I think the people in the shuttle that went after the New Horizon shuttle are the ones in the hold.

Vicki | 765 comments Got it from the library finally so I'm a few days behind. I'll have to catch up.

Laura (lglovett) | 1437 comments @Lisarenee

#13-I thought they were trying too hard too. I mean it seemed like everyone on the ship is trying too hard to impress these kids and make them think that they will be happy there. It is soooooo creepy. They remind me of Cathy Bates character in that movie where she keeps that author on lock down. Sweet at first and then all crazy!

Stefani (steffiebaby140) | 807 comments @Lisarenee

I agree it is super creepy. Each of the ship's was creepy toward those girls but in different ways. On the Empyrean it was more overt creepiness with the men looking at the girls like meat. But on the New Horizon its more subtle but just as creepy, they want to make it seem like such a normal curiosity (oh you have regular periods that's wonderful!), still weird.

message 48: by Vicki (last edited Jul 25, 2012 07:48AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Vicki | 765 comments 1) I did not read Inside Out. I'll have to check that out, too.
2) They had women since one of the people with guns was a women.
3) Is it possible that the religious ship didn't have scientist on board. The other ship obviously found a way to have babies.
4) They maybe able to isolate the area that is melting down. That far into the future they may have medication available.
5) I didn't tally feel that there was too much information.
6) Waverly seems to be a normal girl. She knows what her responsibilities are but would still like to do other things first.
7) I think the Captain didn't tell them a lot of things.
8) At this point I am tentatively hooked. I want to know more.
9) I am pretty sure at least part of the story is true. Captain Jones and his friends seem to be a little sleezy. Still the reason behind not giving the New Horizon the fertility findings baffles me. They were a year ahead so was he just trying to "win"?

Rachel (treychel) | 1484 comments I couldn't think of many, but here goes...

Questions for Part 3: Maneuvers

15.) Why didn't Kieran put Seth in his place and show everyone who is boss? He could already sense Seth turning the boys from him. Now look where it got him...

16.) I was very happy that Kieran saved the adults and I think he did very well considering. You?

17.) Arthur and Kieran let the bodies go into the nebula. I felt sorry for the boys. The song Arthur starts singing: "Blackbird singing in the dead of night/Take these broken wings and learn to fly." Great Beatles song. Listen and read along here. Do you think it was appropriate? And I love how they said an ancient melody. ;)

18.) What did you think of the speech Kieran read? Afterwards would have been a great time to take charge and become leader.

19.) I would like to know about Seth and his dad's relationship and why Seth is the way he is. It cannot be all jealousy between Kieran and Seth.

20.) Seth stabbed Kieran with some drug. Geez! Even a monkey would know something is wrong if that happened. You just don't go stabbing people forcefully with drugs, even if they did or didn't do something they take credit for. Just what kind of lies has Seth been feeding everyone?

21.) Throughout Part 3 all I could think about is what is happening with the girls. I hope they show up in Part 4, but then I'm sure I will want to know what is happening with the boys!

Laura (lglovett) | 1437 comments Questions for Part 3: Maneuvers

15.) Why didn't Kieran put Seth in his place and show everyone who is boss? He could already sense Seth turning the boys from him. Now look where it got him...
I wondered that myself and boy was Seth an unexpected hardcore powerhungry freak. I think Kieran didn't realize how bad it was going to get until it was already too late.

16.) I was very happy that Kieran saved the adults and I think he did very well considering. You?
I think he did well and I was happy too. I was amazed at his quick thinking in the face of danger. I don't think I would have even thought of taking a shuttle around to get them.

17.) Arthur and Kieran let the bodies go into the nebula. I felt sorry for the boys. The song Arthur starts singing: "Blackbird singing in the dead of night/Take these broken wings and learn to fly." Great Beatles song. Listen and read along here. Do you think it was appropriate? And I love how they said an ancient melody. ;)
I thought it was a very fitting song and one that I happen to love. I thought it was cute that they said ancient melody too. I felt horrible for both of them and thought it was a very brave thing for them to do at their age. I mean they are only teenagers.

18.) What did you think of the speech Kieran read? Afterwards would have been a great time to take charge and become leader.
I thought the speech was interesting, but what I found even more interesting was that it was written by Pastor Anne. I thought he was making great leaps towards becoming a leader but the mutiny was just too strong. It makes me wonder what Kieran was like towards the boys before all of this happened. He must have done something to make them be so unwilling to listen to him.

19.) I would like to know about Seth and his dad's relationship and why Seth is the way he is. It cannot be all jealousy between Kieran and Seth.
I would like to know more about it too. I am wondering what Seth's thoughts are on the subject. I kind of wish some of these chapters had been from Seth's point of view.

20.) Seth stabbed Kieran with some drug. Geez! Even a monkey would know something is wrong if that happened. You just don't go stabbing people forcefully with drugs, even if they did or didn't do something they take credit for. Just what kind of lies has Seth been feeding everyone?
I was appalled by this. I couldn't believe that the boys were believing every little thing that Seth fed them. It seems like they are all going a bit crazy. It reminded me a bit of Lord of The Flies.

21.) Throughout Part 3 all I could think about is what is happening with the girls. I hope they show up in Part 4, but then I'm sure I will want to know what is happening with the boys!
I know I thought the same thing. I am not sure the author chose the best way to write her chapters. I would prefer a chapter by chapter POV change to it changing in parts.

« previous 1