2022 Reading Challenge discussion

The Kite Runner
This topic is about The Kite Runner
ARCHIVE 2012 > June BR: The Kite Runner *Spoiler Free*

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kara, TBR Twins (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kara (karaayako) | 3971 comments Are you looking for a "K" for the quarterly challenge? Or maybe you just want to read a modern classic? Join us for a discussion of The Kite Runner. :)

I'm sorry that we're a little late in adding this buddy read for June! I hope that doesn't discourage people from joining in.

message 2: by Johanna (new) - added it

Johanna | 766 comments This also fits Around the World challenge and it´s on my tbr list, but it doesn´t fit my quarterly so I won´t be reading it, not yet that is :)

Ashley I'm in. I have this book to read for a couple of challenges this month. :)

message 4: by Connieb (new) - added it

Connieb (otherwordly) | 82 comments Oh, I've so been wanting to read this, but I have alot on the plate for June already. I'll see how the month goes and keep an eye on the thread. Enjoy your read!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I've already read this book, twice now and it was an enlightening experience. It was rather sad at times, but overall a really good piece of fiction!

It also gives you a really good view of Afghanistan which I found interesting and the cultural divide, so if you're interested in that aspect, I think you'll enjoy it!

Ronda (aunt_nonna) | 107 comments I am almost done reading this, I was SO close to giving up on it in the beginning and there have been a few parts where I had to put it down and walk away for a bit.

Ashley I really needed/wanted to read this book this month, but it got packed away. :/ Looks like I won't be getting to read it this month. I really needed a K book, too.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

~*Ro*~ wrote: "I am almost done reading this, I was SO close to giving up on it in the beginning and there have been a few parts where I had to put it down and walk away for a bit."

I understand what you mean about having to put it down at certain parts and walk away. It took me about a month to read the first time because I had to walk away with the really intense, emotional distress and then I read it in two days the second time. I'm glad to hear you didn't give up because although we never get a real solid sense of hope, the novel is really good.

Rachel i loved this book- it rips your heart out but i'm glad i read it- it's unforgettable.