Romance Audiobooks discussion

Archives > June Non-Romance Listening

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) I'm not listening to a non-romance right now but what about you?

message 2: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1379 comments listening to A Book of Tongues - narrated by Gordon Mackenzie - its a historical, magical, steampunk, got a bit of LGBT in it...its for review for my blog - but totally digging it

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) | 225 comments I 'm listening to Greywalker (Greywalker, #1) by Kat Richardson and I just have to say the book cover is way better then the audio cover

message 4: by ☀Rachael☀ (last edited Jun 02, 2012 10:07AM) (new)

☀Rachael☀ (jimbunni) I loved Greywalker but the series got a but ott for me but I might go back to it. I'm up to Labarinth. Let me know what u think!

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) | 225 comments Rachael wrote: "I loved Greywalker but the series got a but ott for me but I might go back to it. I'm up to Labarinth. Let me know what u think!"

I'm giving it up for now...it is to slow and ended up loosing interest....may try again at a later date

message 6: by Christina (new)

Christina | 54 comments I'm listening to The Tiger's Wife right now. It's a pretty interesting story and the narration is good.

message 7: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1379 comments i never finished that one, kept getting distracted - but I was listening at work - i might have done better if I was in the car without distruptions

message 8: by ☀Rachael☀ (new)

☀Rachael☀ (jimbunni) I'm currently reading An Artificial Night (October Daye, #3) by Seanan McGuire which is awesome!

message 9: by comfort (new)

comfort | 42 comments a few right now,
Re-doing City of Ghosts in prep for book 4 by Stacia Kane
Book 5 of Elemental Assassins Jennifer Estep
Book 5 of Dexter (Dexter is Delicious)

Whilst I am enjoying all of these series nothing is 100% fantastic.

Maybe I need a snatch of Romance again

message 10: by Lea's Audiobooks (new)

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) I'm posting this on several of our threads as you don't want to miss our GIVEAWAY of an Audible membership. Extra credits if you already have an account - no credit cards or commitment required if it's your first go at Audible.

The odds are good for winning!
http://bit.ly/KLsJEf

message 11: by Sherylgod (new)

Sherylgod | 16 comments Listening to The Innocent by David Baldacci. I am about a third through it and so far, so good. This story is a standalone novel.

message 12: by Liz (Bugetta) (last edited Jun 24, 2012 02:58PM) (new)

Liz (Bugetta) (bugetta) | 12 comments I'm listening to two non-fiction audiobooks right now:
Bonk The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex by Mary Roach
and
Flawless Inside the Largest Diamond Heist in History by Scott Andrew Selby
I may have to read Bonk: The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex instead, though. It's one of those books that is a little embarrassing to listen to outloud. Lol! And definitely not work appropriate!

message 13: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (nancyc) I am listening to Abandoned (Smoky Barrett #4) by Cody McFadyen upsetting, but it's meant to be.

message 14: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1379 comments @Liz - i don't know if i would have liked Bonk as much if I read it...but I was listening to it in the car and not at work...

@nancy - i've only listened to the first Smokey Barrett book, but I plan on continuing

I'm listening to Undone right now, narrated by Natalie Ross

message 15: by Liz (Bugetta) (new)

Liz (Bugetta) (bugetta) | 12 comments Dee wrote: "@Liz - i don't know if i would have liked Bonk as much if I read it...but I was listening to it in the car and not at work..."

Good point, Dee. The humor in the book is really enhanced by the narrator. Well, I may still give the book a try. At least I know I can get the audiobook from the library if reading the book doesn't work for me.

message 16: by ☀Rachael☀ (new)

☀Rachael☀ (jimbunni) I'm nearly finished listening to The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1) by Julie Kagawa which so far is really good and not too young even though it's YA!

message 17: by Ancientpeas (new)

Ancientpeas | 301 comments Almost all of my latest listens have been non romance (since Tangle of Need)

The Big Miss by Hank Haney (About his years working on Tiger Wood's swing)
As you do by Richard Hammond (BBC's Top Gear host)
The House of Silk by Anthony Horowitz (a authorized Sherlock Holmes book)
Game of thrones and Clash of Kings from George R.R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire series.

I'm either going to go on with book 3 of the Martin series or go back to romance for a bit. I'm going to see how I feel. The Song of Ice and Fire can be a bit of a downer.