Romance Audiobooks discussion

Archives > June Romance Listening

Comments Showing 1-50 of 143 (143 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) Time to start a new thread! I'm listening to Adele Ashworth's Winter Garden. Adore it.

message 2: by Susinok (new)

Susinok I started The Indiscretion by Judith Ivory, narrated by Barbara Rosenblat. Barbara does a good American accent. Now I wonder if she's American or British. I would guess British because she does the different dialects so well.

The Indiscretion by Judith Ivory

message 3: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 152 comments I'm reading Embraced By Darkness, I don't know about romance so much as sex although he does take her out for a hamburger, so maybe that's romancing.

message 4: by paula (new)

paula (paula_) | 212 comments Just started Conquered by a Highlander (Children Of The Mist, #4) by Paula Quinn

message 5: by Taria (new)

Taria Reed (tariar) | 137 comments I'm halfway through Ice Blue (Ice, #3) by Anne Stuart

message 6: by Krissie (new)

Krissie | 224 comments I'm listening to THE DUKE IS MINE. (Thanks, Taria!)

message 7: by Carrie (new)

Carrie | 296 comments I'm listening to Envy by Sandra Brown. It's gotten of to a great start.

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) Carrie wrote: "I'm listening to Envy by Sandra Brown. It's gotten of to a great start."

Can't wait to hear what you think! Probably my favorite RS although you have probably heard me say that 10 times.

message 9: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia (scent45) | 88 comments I'm listening to Come a little closer.Dorothy Garlock. It's a nice lite listen so far.

message 10: by ☀Rachael☀ (new)

☀Rachael☀ (jimbunni) I'm listening to An Artificial Night (October Daye, #3) by Seanan McGuire which is awesome!

message 11: by Brittany B. (last edited Jun 04, 2012 03:04AM) (new)

Brittany B. (benoibe) | 310 comments Listening to Sugar Daddy (Travises, #1) by Lisa Kleypas
This Texas -based contemporary definitely doesn't feel like a Lisa Kleypas, but it's excellent.
Jeannie Stith does a great job with the narration.

LK writes a book that nearly all women can empathize with in some way, IMO. The lead female, Liberty, is such a wonderful and strong character. She is a true heroine if there ever was one! The story examines love in its many forms: parental love, young love, the terrible ache of the broken heart, and the strength and passion of adult love. I related so much to this unexpected gift of a novel from LK.

Sorry for the long msg, but I'm totally in love with the characters!! And had to share it with the group. ❤

message 12: by Lea's Audiobooks (new)

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) Brittany B. wrote: "Listening to Sugar Daddy (Travises, #1) by Lisa Kleypas
This Texas -based contemporary definitely doesn't feel like a Lisa Kleypas, but it's excellent.
Jeannie Stith does a great job with the narration.

LK writes..."

And I doubt you will be able to guess the ending.

message 13: by Christina (new)

Christina | 54 comments Susinok wrote: "I started The Indiscretion by Judith Ivory, narrated by Barbara Rosenblat. Barbara does a good American accent. Now I wonder if she's American or British. I would guess British because she does the..."

Barbara Rosenblat is one of the stars of the audiobook community. She is one of my favorite narrators. I have even listened to books just because she reads them and not because I particularly wanted to read the book. I love the Amelia Peabody series she does.

message 14: by Brittany B. (new)

Brittany B. (benoibe) | 310 comments Lea's Audiobooks wrote: "Brittany B. wrote: "Listening to Sugar Daddy (Travises, #1) by Lisa Kleypas
And I doubt you will be able to guess the ending."

Lea, I loved the first half of the novel, and I worried a lot about the choice she'd make. But I was very pleased with her choice. Though I was shocked at the summary of Blue-Eyed Devil. Seemed early for an HEA with the male character. Now that Im listening, I'm planning various ways to castrate Nick... Lol

message 15: by Lea's Audiobooks (new)

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) At least those who read the two books as they were released had a year to get used to the idea!

message 16: by Lea's Audiobooks (new)

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) Just started And One Last Thing by Molly Harper. Expecting good things - hope it delivers!

message 17: by Taria (last edited Jun 04, 2012 09:42PM) (new)

Taria Reed (tariar) | 137 comments Lea's Audiobooks wrote: "Just started And One Last Thing by Molly Harper. Expecting good things - hope it delivers!"

I laughed so hard when I listened to And One Last Thing ... by Molly Harper Lea, you'll like it.

I've decided to skip Ice Storm (Ice, #4) by Anne Stuart , I just honestly didnt care to read about Isobel (sad but true). I'm currently listening to Fire And Ice (Ice, #5) by Anne Stuart

message 18: by Brittany B. (new)

Brittany B. (benoibe) | 310 comments Lea's Audiobooks wrote: "At least those who read the two books as they were released had a year to get used to the idea!"

I was fine with it the minute I read about Nick. And I'm really loving this book. I am probably the last person to read the series. But high recommendations for the Travis series.
Blue-Eyed Devil (Travises, #2) by Lisa Kleypas

message 19: by Brittany B. (last edited Jun 04, 2012 10:46PM) (new)

Brittany B. (benoibe) | 310 comments Taria: I read the books out of order too. I'm interested, once your finished, to know what your favorite was. :)

Also curious what this group thinks about the The Secret History of the Pink Carnation? What is the steamy level?

message 20: by Terra (new)

Terra (terralyne) | 28 comments Lea's Audiobooks wrote: "Just started And One Last Thing by Molly Harper. Expecting good things - hope it delivers!"

I really love Amanda Ronconi reading Molly Harper's witty books! I just finished Driving Mr. Dead and that was a fun, quick 5 hour read...also by Harper/Ronconi.

Listening to Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly now and will most likely listen to Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins next then Catch of the Day by Kristan Higgins (CAN'T WAIT!!)

message 21: by Terra (new)

Terra (terralyne) | 28 comments Brittany B. wrote: "Taria: I read the books out of order too. I'm interested, once your finished, to know what your favorite was. :)

Also curious what this group thinks about the The Secret History of the Pink Carna..."

Brittany, I realy enjoyed the first several books in the Pink Carnation Series. A Lot. Kate Reading does a great job narrating (IMHO). Steam factor is quite low if I remember correctly...

message 22: by paula (new)

paula (paula_) | 212 comments Just starting Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark, #4) by Kresley Cole (loved it in print - probably my favorite of the series).

message 23: by Brittany B. (new)

Brittany B. (benoibe) | 310 comments Paula wrote: "Just starting Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark, #4) by Kresley Cole (loved it in print - probably my favorite of the series)."

Paula I'm listening to it too. First time. I'm at the last hour. In shock!! (if you remember what happens...) But oh I love this book. I have never written so many "shouty capital" status updates in my life!! I am having vapors and apoplexy...(lol. too many historicals in my head)

This is definitely an outstanding audiobook. Robert Petkoff deserves an award for his narration.

message 24: by Brittany B. (new)

Brittany B. (benoibe) | 310 comments Terra wrote: "Steam factor quite low if I remember correctly..."

Thanks Terra. That's what I was curious about. I am slightly debauched... :)

message 25: by paula (new)

paula (paula_) | 212 comments Paula wrote: "Just starting Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark, #4) by Kresley Cole (loved it in print - probably my favorite of the series)."

Glad you are enjoying it, this is probably my favorite of the series! Love the twist in this one too!!

message 26: by Taria (new)

Taria Reed (tariar) | 137 comments I just finished Seduce Me in Dreams (A Three Worlds Novel, #1) by Jacquelyn Frank and absolutely HATED it. I knew I should have stuck with Fire And Ice (Ice, #5) by Anne Stuart and On Thin Ice (Ice, #6) by Anne Stuart , but I wanted a quick change of pace. Now I'm doubling back and I'm gonna let the wonderful Xe Sands take me away on two dark romantic suspenses.

message 27: by Xe (new)

Xe Sands (xesands) | 369 comments Taria wrote: "I just finished Seduce Me in Dreams (A Three Worlds Novel, #1) by Jacquelyn Frank and absolutely HATED it. I knew I should have stuck with A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) by George R.R. Martin and On Thin Ice by Susan Andersen, but I wanted a quick change of pace. N..."

Aw, hope they are working out better for you, Taria :) I have a soft spot for both of those books and Anne Stuart in general. Oh those bad boys...

message 28: by Carrie (new)

Carrie | 296 comments I recently finished Envy. It was absolutely wonderful. Victor Slezak is so talented.

message 29: by Lea's Audiobooks (new)

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) Yea Carrie! This now makes at least 11 times that I've expressed my love of Envy. So glad your thoughts match mine! :D

message 30: by Taria (last edited Jun 08, 2012 04:16PM) (new)

Taria Reed (tariar) | 137 comments I LOVED Fire And Ice (Ice, #5) by Anne Stuart , thanks Xe for giving a top notch performance!!
I'm currently enjoying On Thin Ice (Ice, #6) by Anne Stuart

message 31: by Carrie (new)

Carrie | 296 comments Lea's Audiobooks wrote: "Yea Carrie! This now makes at least 11 times that I've expressed my love of Envy. So glad your thoughts match mine! :D"

I recommended Envy to my husband, and he's really enjoying it.

I bought "Smash Cut" yesterday just to have another book narrated by Slezak! I can't listen to it right away because I'm listening to Bujold's A Civil Campaign for a book club. I love the Miles books, and the narrator's wonderful!

message 32: by Xe (new)

Xe Sands (xesands) | 369 comments Taria wrote: "I LOVED A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) by George R.R. Martin, thanks Xe for giving a top notch performance!!
I'm currently enjoying On Thin Ice by Susan Andersen"

I'm so glad, Taria!

message 33: by Taria (new)

Taria Reed (tariar) | 137 comments Xe I just finished On Thin Ice and I LOVED IT!! Finn was awesome and you did a fantastic job on his Irish lilt. I think I have a girl crush on you....lol.

currently listening to Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark, #4) by Kresley Cole

message 34: by Xe (new)

Xe Sands (xesands) | 369 comments Taria wrote: "Xe I just finished On Thin Ice and I LOVED IT!! Finn was awesome and you did a fantastic job on his Irish lilt. I think I have a girl crush on you....lol.

currently listening to [bookcover:Wicked ..."

Aww...thanks so much, Taria! I loved voicing Finn - I think he's been my favorite to voice so far. I mean come on, who doesn't love an Irish lilt??

message 35: by Lea's Audiobooks (new)

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) I just finished Molly Harper's And One Last Thing and thought it quite entertaining. I'm definitely looking for more of her books in audio. Any suggestions?

message 36: by Taria (last edited Jun 10, 2012 03:39PM) (new)

Taria Reed (tariar) | 137 comments Lea, The Jane Jamison series is pretty funny too. Also her How to flirt and seduce a werewolf books. OH OH and Driving Mr. Dead was funny too. Molly Harper is on my immediate purchase list because her humor is so me...lol.

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) | 225 comments Lea's Audiobooks wrote: "I just finished Molly Harper's And One Last Thing and thought it quite entertaining. I'm definitely looking for more of her books in audio. Any suggestions?"

I LOVE Molly Harper.... How to Flirt with a Naked Werewolf (Naked Werewolf, #1) by Molly Harper is really good as is the Jane Jameson series starting with Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs (Jane Jameson, #1) by Molly Harper ....there is also Driving Mr. Dead by Molly Harper which is part of that world but not part of the series...

message 38: by Carrie (new)

Carrie | 296 comments I prefer her werewolf series, but I did enjoy the first Jane Jameson book.

message 39: by Lea's Audiobooks (new)

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) I'm posting this on several of our threads as you don't want to miss our GIVEAWAY of an Audible membership. Extra credits if you already have an account - no credit cards or commitment required if it's your first go at Audible.

The odds are good for winning!
http://bit.ly/KLsJEf

message 40: by Taria (last edited Jun 12, 2012 09:32PM) (new)

Taria Reed (tariar) | 137 comments I finished Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night (Immortals After Dark, #3) by Kresley Cole yesterday morning and LOVED IT!! Robert Petkoff has been promoted to my Phil Gigante panty dripping perch...lol.

I finished up Whispers in the Dark (KGI, #4) by Maya Banks tonight and I really enjoyed it. I love strong alpha males who curse worse than I do...lol.

I think I'll start In Bed with a Highlander (McCabe Trilogy, #1) by Maya Banks in the morning regardless of my aversion to women narrating highlander books.

message 41: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia (scent45) | 88 comments I'm listening to Honor Bound by Sandra Brown. Not her best, I think Dick Hill would have done a better job narrating this book.

message 42: by Lea's Audiobooks (new)

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) Cynthia wrote: "I'm listening to Honor Bound by Sandra Brown. Not her best, I think Dick Hill would have done a better job narrating this book."

Have you listened to many Sandra Browns? Diana was the one who brought me into the Brown fan club and I now believe as she does - 2000 and after - really good.

Before 2000 - I don't have much experience and the ones I have tried have been more misses that hits. An exception - Slow Heat in Heaven which I really enjoyed in audio. Have you found any before 2000 you'd recommend?

message 43: by Lea's Audiobooks (new)

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) I finished SEP's Kiss and Angel. Loved it all over again! Maybe my 4th time listening? The hero is pretty alpha for a contemporary but it works so well with sweet Daisy who is not the wimp she appears to be.

Now, I'm listening to Kresley Cole's No Rest for the Wicked. Brittany and Brenda twisted my arm. :)

message 44: by Brittany B. (new)

Brittany B. (benoibe) | 310 comments I'm so happy to see Taria and Lea listening to Krestley Cole. Lea, I think the next book is better: Robert Petkoff does a highlander voice to rival Phil G. :)
Taria, I think you'll enjoy the Banks series. I was very impressed with the 2nd book.

I also 2nd Slow Heat in Heaven as a fabulous audio. Though it's older and some parts are silly, I thought Cash Boudreaux was the greatest hero until Jerricho Barrens... Lol.

So I'm finally listening to my first Courtney Milan. I've heard for a while now that she was very good. I am really enjoying Unveiled (Turner, #1) by Courtney Milan . I have already bought the next book in the series.

I finished Addicted by Charlotte Featherstone yesterday. The book stressed me out way more than it should have. I definitely prefer Sinful.

message 45: by Dee (new)

message 46: by Taria (last edited Jun 13, 2012 05:53PM) (new)

Taria Reed (tariar) | 137 comments Brittany, I've been dying to listen to IAD for years so when they were released last year I went nuts, now they are coming out so darn slow I'm going to go insane. The next book isn't going to be released until November....UGH!!! I really do like the series so far and I hope they stick with Robert Petkoff and not do anything stupid like switch narrators (unless the fantabulous Phil Gigante steps in for a book or two, then that's ok).

I listened to Sinful and loved it. I didn't realize it was the second book in the series, but when I read the synopsis for Addicted I decided to skipped over it since it didn't seem that interesting to me. I'll have to look up Slow Heat in Heaven and see if I'd like it.

So far I'm liking In Bed with a Highlander.

message 47: by Brittany B. (new)

Brittany B. (benoibe) | 310 comments Taria wrote: "Brittany, I've been dying to listen to IAD for years so when they were released last year I went nuts, now they are coming out so darn slow I'm going to go insane. The next book isn't going to be r..."

That is my exact sentiment about IAD: I can't stand the wait. I sent Simon Schuster an email about it. Lol. While I do love Phil G, I'm all about Robert Petkoff. :)

message 48: by Lea's Audiobooks (new)

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) Last day to enter to win an Audible membership over at Speaking of Audiobooks! http://bit.ly/KLsJEf

message 49: by ♡Karlyn P♡ (new)

♡Karlyn P♡ (karlynp) | 34 comments I am listening to Overseas by Beatriz Williams and enjoying it quite a bit (despite not having a clue where this story is going).

message 50: by Brittany B. (last edited Jun 15, 2012 06:01PM) (new)

Brittany B. (benoibe) | 310 comments Ok. Listening to Unraveled. Nicole Quinn is the narrator. I have never heard anything like it.
It's like historical romance meets George Lucas. I'm not used to it. Has anyone listened to her before!!

(updated for narrator name)

« previous 1 3