*~Can't Stop Reading~* discussion

Book Discussions > Best travelling reads?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tamara (last edited Jun 02, 2012 06:12AM) (new)

Tamara I'm going overseas in just under two weeks, and I'm looking for a couple of quick, easy, fun book suggestions that I can read on the plane (it's a 5.5 hour trip each way).

I've already thought of:
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith and
Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson

But I'd like to hear some more suggestions, if you guys have any :)

Thanks

Oh and they dont have to be YA, it just happens that the two I thought of are YA, but I'm open to all suggestions.

message 2: by Nicolle (new)

Nicolle Ok I will list a few that might be good:
Undead and Unwed (Undead, #1) by MaryJanice Davidson Fearless by Tim Lott Bridget Jones's Diary (Bridget Jones, #1) by Helen Fielding Confessions of a Shopaholic (Shopaholic, #1) by Sophie Kinsella Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella Every Boy's Got One (Boy, #3) by Meg Cabot City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare Journey to the River Sea by Eva Ibbotson Thank You for Flying Air Zoe by Erik Atwell The Queen and I by Sue Townsend The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen Airhead (Airhead, #1) by Meg Cabot The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern to name just a few...

message 3: by Bev (new)

Bev (greenginger) | 296 comments Me Before You is a nice one to read in one go.

message 4: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Awesome, thanks Nicolle and Bev, will definetly check your suggestions out :)

message 5: by Bev (new)

Bev (greenginger) | 296 comments @Tamara, you are welcome but take your tissues with you. It is a lovely book but made me cry.

message 6: by Jonathan, A dream within a dream (new)

Jonathan Terrington (thewritestuff) | 387 comments Mod
My Family and Other Animals (Corfu Trilogy, #1) by Gerald Durrell
All Creatures Great and Small by James Herriot
Those are two fun and fast reads (if you've not read them) which are autobiographical in nature but written in a very fun humorous way. They read like fictional novels.