2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2012 > Olivia's Corner

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 26, 2012 10:15AM) (new)

June Monthly Challenges:

Maid of Honour: 3 books

1. Something old: Mansfield Park by Jane Austen

2. Something new: Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein

3. Something borrowed: Nightrise by Anthony Horowitz

Medium: 3-7 books

1. Lover Mine by J.R. Ward
2. A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin
3. The Penultimate Peril by Lemony Snicket
4. Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
5. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater

message 2: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 15, 2012 12:00PM) (new)

2012 Year Challenges

Young-adult Reading Challenge

Cassandra Clare: City of Ashes City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) by Cassandra Clare

Richelle Mead: Vampire Academy Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead

Author of Choice: Shiver Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater

Book beginning with letter of name: Ophelia Ophelia by Lisa M. Klein (This was difficult to find)

2 books with angels: Torment Torment (Fallen, #2) by Lauren Kate and Passion Passion (Fallen, #3) by Lauren Kate

2 books involving vampires Tempted Tempted (House of Night, #6) by P.C. Cast and Lord of MisruleLord of Misrule (The Morganville Vampires, #5) by Rachel Caine

2 YA: Halo Halo (Halo, #1) by Alexandra Adornetto and Forbidden Forbidden (The Demon Trappers, #2) by Jana Oliver

2 books involving faeries: The Iron King The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1) by Julie Kagawa and Ash Ash by Malinda Lo

message 3: by Nathan (new)

Nathan (nthnlwly) Oh, you'll have to let me know how Ash is! I just bought it cheap at a library book sale and I've heard lot's of good about it.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I will! Not sure when I'll get around to reading it, but hopefully at some point this year because it is to read this year.

message 5: by Nathan (new)

Nathan (nthnlwly) So, we're paired for the Twins Challenge in July! Why don't we read Ash, since we've been talking about it? If you want to try a different book instead, that's cool too. Just let me know. :)

The easiest way to figure out what's on both of our lists is to find me on your friend's list and click 'compare books'.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Trevor wrote: "So, we're paired for the Twins Challenge in July! Why don't we read Ash, since we've been talking about it? If you want to try a different book instead, that's cool too. Just let me know. :)

The e..."

I didn't even notice we had, haha. I'm rather unobservant.

I need to actually buy Ash yet, but I can do. Or I noticed we have the Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness, Dracula by Bram Stoker, You Against Me by Jenny Downham or The Host that I actually own again, but I don't mind reading Ash!

Not at all.

message 7: by Nathan (new)

Nathan (nthnlwly) I got a PM from Kara letting me know. Here's the link to the list of pairings: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/9...

I'll leave it up to you. I already own Ash, but can probably get any of those from the library. :)

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

We'll read Ash then! Will you let Kara know?

I don't mind getting it and it'll tick it off my list for the year.

:)

message 9: by Nathan (new)

Nathan (nthnlwly) Sure thing. I'm excited!! :P