Comments Showing 1-50 of 78 (78 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Debra (new)

Debra (debrasbookcafe) | 29 comments Mod
Come and let us know all about you....

message 2: by Debra (new)

Hiya!!!

I am a thirty something secretary from England and I absolutely love love love reading... My favourite genre is romance/chicklit and also YA in general.

My Blog is found here (hopeing the linky thing works):

Debra's Book Cafe

Best wishes

Debs :-)

message 3: by George (last edited Jun 02, 2012 06:04AM) (new)

George B (georgia194) Hello!
I'm Georgia, I'm 18 from London. I love reading everything from romance to supernatural.

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Hi I am Sarah, a 40 something from Dorset in the Uk. I love reading anything but have a special place in my heart for chick lit/romance. I am looking forward to sharing with you all!

message 5: by Glenda (new)

Glenda L Hi I'm Glenda from Ohio. I like some good Chick-lit/comtemporary so decided to try this group. I love reading anything I can get my hands on.

message 6: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mellareviews) | 4 comments Mod
Hey guys my name is Melissa aka Mella. I love this genre. I also like ya and paranormal but mostly chick lit is where I'm at. Go and check out my review channel on youtube!

www.youtube.com/Mellareviews

message 7: by Grace (new)

Grace Elliot (httpwwwgoodreadscomgraceelliot) Hello and thank you for the invitation to the group! (Very appropriate as I sit here with a cup of tea, wondering what to read next)
My name is Grace and I'm an avid reader. My favourite genre is historical romance - I'm a bit of a history nut! My love of reading led me to start writing.
http://graceelliot-author.blogspot.com
I'm also mad about cats and live near London, although at this precise moment I'm on the Isle of Wight keeping a safe distance from the Jubilee celebrations in central London.
G x

message 8: by Shannon (last edited Jun 02, 2012 09:06AM) (new)

Shannon (iandssmom) | 1 comments Hi I'm Shannon I'm from Illinois! I have 2 kids boy (14) and girl (4)!! I'm a nurse and work overnight at a nursing home! I love to read just about anything! Also like to crochet and do crossword puzzles- I'm 37 not 87 like is sounds!!! :) Glad to be in the group!!

message 9: by Susan (new)

Susan Hatler (susanhatler) | 2 comments Thx for the invite, Deb! I'm Susan Hatler and am a contemporary romance/chick lit and ya author. I saw one of the upcoming group reads is The Reef by Nora Roberts. I read this YEARS ago, but remember loving it. Happy reading, everyone! My Last Blind Date by Susan Hatler

message 10: by Esmeralda (new)

Esmeralda (nena10) | 2 comments Hello and thank you for the invitation Deb. :D
My name is Esmeralda and I live in Mexico city, I love to read Romance, YA, Paranormal, Fantasy, Scifi, Horror, Thrillers. And for me, Jane Austen is a must read at least once a year......

TheDiversePhDReads Hi and thanks for the invite :)
I'm Sherri from Baltimore, I love reading but have a strong preference for medical/science/crime thrillers. I have a stack of chic lit that needs to be read so hopefully I'll do so now :)

message 12: by Marlene (new)

Marlene Slade (marlenekslade) | 1 comments Thank you Debra for inviting me to join the group. I love reading and writing. I am a GoodReads author and also a Library Thing and WeReads author. I'm looking forward to hearing about more book recommendations and being a part of the group.

message 13: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (drucillia10) | 1 comments Hi everyone I am Nicole I also love to read. I live in Chicago. In my real life I am an brand new lawyer looking for work. So for the first time in a really long time I can read all that I want. I like chick-lit. But I really love ya fiction and paranormal romance. Oh I love tea.

message 14: by Janean (new)

Janean (islandgaljg) | 1 comments Thank you Debra for inviting me to this group. I live in The Bahamas and I love, love, love to read. I am always looking for a good book to read. My tastes are very eclectic and I am addicted to HEA. I love romance, romantic suspense, thrillers, paranormal and historical. As long as it is a good story I am willing to read it.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi, I'm Dixie and I appreciate the invitation to join. I read chick-lit and alternate it with heftier things, but nothing too heavy. I adore tea, as it is helping me lose a few stubborn pounds. Tea with a little mint and sweetener.

Oh, speaking of mint tea, when I was visiting friends in Holland, we were out for a coffee on a cold day. My friend ordered Mint Tea. They brought her a mug filled with a stem of mint (maybe 10 leaves on the stem), then filled the cup with boiling water! She added a squirt of lemon and honey. It was different, but still delicious. Worth a try if you have a mint plant.

Dixie Swanson
www.dixieswanson.com

message 16: by Susan (new)

Susan Hatler (susanhatler) | 2 comments Dixie wrote: "Hi, I'm Dixie and I appreciate the invitation to join. I read chick-lit and alternate it with heftier things, but nothing too heavy. I adore tea, as it is helping me lose a few stubborn pounds. Te..."

Sounds yummy, Dixie. Thx for the tip!

message 17: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (armchairdreamer) | 7 comments Hello everyone, I’m Kelly from California. I am 45 years old and have one daughter (age 19). I love romance/chick lit, mysteries, thrillers, and YA to name a few. I look forward to joining this group and reading the first selection, which I have not read yet! I have read Sarah Addison Allen’s other books and absolutely loved them!

message 18: by Debra (new)

Dixie wrote: "Hi, I'm Dixie and I appreciate the invitation to join. I read chick-lit and alternate it with heftier things, but nothing too heavy. I adore tea, as it is helping me lose a few stubborn pounds. Te..."

Ooooh, that sounds lovely... I think I will definately give that a try... Thanks! :-)

message 19: by L.T. (new)

L.T. Fawkes (ltfawkes) | 1 comments Hi, everybody. I'm L.T. from Ohio. I practically live on iced tea (is that blasphemy?) and I like to read (and write) mainly contemporary and mysteries. I especially like anything funny.

message 20: by Annette (last edited Jun 02, 2012 03:53PM) (new)

Annette Hi,

I'm 24, from the Lake District (UK) and I pretty much just read romance (in all forms). :) The movies I love all have HEAs too!

I work in a bookshop during the day, but my reading's all done at home.

message 21: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. I'm an oldie - 50 years old! I live in Carmichael, California USA (near Sacramento in the middle of the state). I liked Chick-lit before but am starting to read more and more through recommendations. I love reading romance in any genre too. Thanks for the invite. I loved the BOM The Peach Keeper so I'm sure this group is right down my alley.

message 22: by Penelope (new)

Penelope Marzec (penelopemarzec) | 1 comments Thanks for the invitation. I am an inspirational and paranormal romance author from New Jersey. I love a good strong cup of tea! I read all sorts of romances, but my daughter is the one who hands the chick-lit books to me. :^)

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Carolyn F. wrote: "I'm an oldie - 50 years old! I live in Carmichael, California USA (near Sacramento in the middle of the state). I liked Chick-lit before but am starting to read more and more through recommendati..."

You are NOT old. I don't even remember 50! Dixie
www.dixieswanson.com

message 24: by Patricia (new)

Patricia (purpledreams30) | 2 comments Hi I am Patricia, I am married and have children. I love to read, I live in a small community in the middle of no where in NWT Canada, I order my books online. I will buy authors books they just have to send me a link where to buy them :) I am too shy to do a book review plus I wouldn't know how to do one? like what to say and what not to say to give away spoilers :) Thanks Debra for inviting me, I love watching all of your book reviews :)

message 25: by becca (new)

becca (beccaxx03) | 1 comments Hi
I'm beckie, 27 from yorkshire. I'm mummy of 2 and have only recently started book reviewing and blogging. I love it. I don't make youtube videos, only watched them. if it means i can't be in the group it is okay. I love chick lit/contemporary and romance so i will see what happens on this group before i do some posting :) x I love watching everyone's book reviews etc.

my blog is; Becca's Book Bug

message 26: by Prudence (new)

Prudence (imagineit) | 1 comments Hello,
My name is Prudence Bice. I live in Washington, Utah, which is just inside the Utah/Nevada border (About an hour and a half from Las Vegas) I love music, photography, drawing, and of course most of all, reading. I am a published author of two books, both historical romance. However,lately I've been writing a lot of Y/A. Thanks Debra for inviting me to this group.

message 27: by Nicole (last edited Jun 08, 2012 05:51PM) (new)

Nicole HI I'm Nicole. I love in the MAnila, Philippines. I'm currently taking up Psychology. I'm 16 years old. I read mostly everything. Mostly Fiction. I love watching book based movies and my favorite color changes every year.

In love with The upcoming Movie, THE HOST by Stephenie Meyer but I hate sparkling Vampires.

And Oh, I was Invited by Debra.

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

A world-wide group, to be sure. Nicole, you are lucky to have so much time ahead of you for reading. Hopefully, we'll introduce you not only to good books published now,but to some others great books published in the past.

It's not set in The Philippines, but in South Asia. I think a great book is A Town Like Alice by Nevil Shute. The library will have it for sure.

You might want to give it a whirl.

Dixie
www.dixieswanson.com

message 29: by Paula (new)

Paula Thanks for the invitation Deb. I'm Paula, 60 from Colorado. I am married and have 3 almost grown children, (my 24 year old son still lives at home). We are expecting our 2nd grandchild in October. I read most anything whenever I can. I have an entire room of books that I hope to read before I die, except I keep adding more to it as well as my Kindle so we'll see. LOL

I also like to knit, crochet and cross stitch.

I'm reading "The Dressmaker" Kate Alcott right now.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Paula,

If you had to pick a few books to take to a desert island, what would be your picks? Just off the top of your head...

Dixie
www.dixieswanson.com

message 31: by Paula (new)

Paula Hmmm, this is a hard one, I have so many unread books. I think I would take:

Gone With the Wind (a favorite that I HAVE read) and
World Without End
Fall of Giants

Because these are big books and it would take more time to get through them.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Paula wrote: "Hmmm, this is a hard one, I have so many unread books. I think I would take:

Gone With the Wind (a favorite that I HAVE read) and
World Without End
Fall of Giants

Because these are big books and..."

I think I'd take Lonesome Dove (those guys are my friends and I "don't read westerns."
Also A Town Like Alice
Third, a toss up between War and Peace and Anna Karenina. I could probably build a shelter of some sort with Lonesome Dove and one Tolstoy book.

I reread GWTW as an adult and thought completely differently about Scarlett. She seemed more of a nitwit to me, more of a hysteric than she had when I read about her at twelve. Then she was mythical.

Dixie
www.dixieswanson.com

message 33: by Ang (new)

Ang (iky200306) | 1 comments Hi all, I am a 29 year old chef from South Africa. I am addicted to reading, Nora Roberts & Jodi Picoult being just two of my favorite authors.

When I am not cooking up a storm and blogging about it, I am buried in a great book!!

Follow me on twitter @chefangeliqueca to find out what I am cooking or reading, or read my blog www.angeliqueca.wordpress.com

Looking forward to meeting you all!!

message 34: by Ian (last edited Jun 10, 2012 11:09AM) (new)

Ian Butler (burgerbardad) | 3 comments Hi

I'm Ian Butler and I live in Enniskillen County Fermanagh. I love writing reading and tea. In fact cannot do either of the first two without having access to the third. My first novel was published a couple of weeks ago. It's a comedy romance and this is the type of book I like to read although I do enjoy many other genres. I have a blog posted here as well as some short stories and would love your feedback.

It's nice to be here.

You can also access my blog here

http://burgerbardad.wordpress.com/

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Anyone interested in a tea poll?
Favorite tea/country you live in...

Constant Comment Decaff/US. Iced or hot.

Anyone else?

Dixie
www.dixieswanson.com

message 36: by Paula (new)

Paula I drink iced tea every day but decaf. Also my favorite hot tea at the moment is Apple Cinnamon. I'm in the US.

message 37: by Esmeralda (new)

Esmeralda (nena10) | 2 comments Darjeeling (plain, no honey,cream or lemon)
I'm in México city.

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

okay, we're getting on a roll here...

Anyone else want to weigh in on their favorite tea and location?????

Dixie
www.dixieswanson.com

message 39: by Glenda (new)

Glenda L Peppermint hot tea in the winter ... otherwise, I'm a coffee drinker. I'm in Ohio.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Glenda,

I remember the first time I drove through Ohio -- it was gorgeous! But I'm from Houston which is as flat as a runway and humid as a rain forest, so to be in an area where the land went up and down was definitely novel.

Peppermit Tea sounds good about now -- I'm in Maine and it's in the 50's.

Dixie

message 41: by Paula (new)

Paula That peppermint tea does sound good, but not today, going to be in the high 80's here.

message 42: by Melissa (new)

I love Green tea with Honey and lemon. Especially when you have a sore throat.

message 43: by Melissa (new)

Dixie wrote: "Glenda,

I remember the first time I drove through Ohio -- it was gorgeous! But I'm from Houston which is as flat as a runway and humid as a rain forest, so to be in an area where the land went up..."

I wish I was in Maine right now. I'm stuck in ga with all this humidity

message 44: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (armchairdreamer) | 7 comments My favorite is ice tea with lemon. I'm in California, USA.

message 45: by Evelyn (new)

Evelyn Gonzalez Hello, thank you very much for the invitation.My name is Evelyn. I'm a junior in highschool and I love to read pretty much any genre. This group is perfect since especially in these summer months I have a hankering for some good chicklit and amazing romance books.

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi, Evelyn,
My favorite all time romance novel is Knight in Shining Armor by Jude Deveraux. It's a time-travel romance and is hilarious. A little dated, but then again, so it George Clooney and he still has "it."

If you like that, let me know and I will make some other recommendations.

Dixie
www.dixieswanson.com

message 47: by Evelyn (new)

Evelyn Gonzalez Haha thanks Dixie I will definitely check it out.

message 48: by Debra (new)

Dixie wrote: "Anyone interested in a tea poll?
Favorite tea/country you live in...

Constant Comment Decaff/US. Iced or hot.

Anyone else?

Dixie
www.dixieswanson.com"

Lol to the tea poll!!! I have to go with English breakfast in the UK :-)

message 49: by Melly (new)

Melly M (mellymelons) | 1 comments Hi everyone,
I am an almost 24 year old female from Canberra, Australia. I am currently studying a degree in Education and in my spare time I LOVE reading any type of chicklit.
My perfect day consists of many cups of tea and a good book.
I dream of one day writing my own chicklit novel and have it published. May never happen but a girl can dream :)
I am currently reading Monica McInerney 'A Taste For It'.

As for the tea poll, nothing beats Dilmah Extra Strength here in Australia. So yummy on a cold winters day.

Look forward to getting to know everyone and to discussing some good literature.

Mel :)

message 50: by Martha (new)

Martha Samsell (tmhoira2012) I drink Tetley British Blend and in the morning English Breakfast Tea. Also, Green Tea is a favorite of mine.

« previous 1