Idle Hands-Crafts and Readers discussion

CRAFTS - Punch Needle > Help Wanted

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Debbie's Spurts (D.A.) It's something I enjoyed (with a lovely class with Linda Stolz of Erica Michaels Designs with oversized demo needles and threaders) -- but, about the time I started getting into started having clenching strength type of hand trouble. And the really big secret is to get fabric drum tight on the hoop.

Plastic hoops with "lips" to the rim so fabric is held securely once tightened are recommended (and I have tried all of them; and, yes, the lipped ones will hold fabric taut once you do get tightened). The hoops with table stands make it very nice; again, not swearing by one brand or another as have liked all the stand ones. My problem is getting fabric initially tight enough.

I am budgeting up to get one of the small carding looms (have seen on sale $75-$200) and am hoping that will do the "tight" for me. They basically have metal wire/teeth on all four sides. Has anyone gotten their hands on to try? More than the budget, not being able to hands-on try the thing has held me back from buying.

message 2: by Mandy (new)

Mandy Henderson | 1 comments I had the one with the metal teeth. I got it from eBay for $40. It was much easier to work with than the hoops. I too have issues with my hands. Good luck!
Mandy