ONTD Book Club discussion

Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1)
This topic is about Beautiful Disaster
Snark > June Snark - Beautiful Disastuh

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Wigs (new)

Wigs (wigsnatcher) | 556 comments Mod
Discuss the disastuh that is Beautiful Disaster!

Get it gurl. (mobi and epub)

message 2: by Emy (new) - rated it 2 stars

Emy (emy0lee) | 92 comments Thanks for the link!

message 3: by Wigs (new)

link, what link? XD

Alicia (is beyond tired of your *ish) (ostensiblya) | 71 comments I keep flirting with trying to read this thing again with you guys, but...IDK, haha.

Sandra  (myfictionnook) | 16 comments Alicia wrote: "I keep flirting with trying to read this thing again with you guys, but...IDK, haha."

I might have to edit my review upon reading this again. :)

message 6: by Naomi (new) - added it

Naomi E | 37 comments Om effing g guys. Is this book for real?? I can't stop laughing.

message 7: by Wigs (new)

lol spill, i'm not going to get to it for a while, what are some of the lulz?

message 8: by Naomi (new) - added it

Naomi E | 37 comments To quote Abby Abernathy herself: "This has become a convoluted, God-awful clusterfuck." Anger issues abound.

Erica Leigh (iamericaleigh) | 1 comments Ahh, I tried reading this a couple months ago and got about 40% of the way through (and then I just skipped to the sexy parts. Which weren't even that good. Lame).

Debating about whether or not I should pick it up again, for the sake of discussion.

It was just really hard to get through. :/

message 10: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (dumpyfledgling) | 4 comments I haven't started reading the book yet but from the summary alone, I get Mary Sue vibes. Was this story ever posted online somewhere?

Alicia (is beyond tired of your *ish) (ostensiblya) | 71 comments People swear it reads like Twilight fanfic, but it was never posted online as such.

message 12: by Emy (new) - rated it 2 stars

Emy (emy0lee) | 92 comments I've just started it. It's not as bad as I expected it to be, but that doesn't mean it's any good either.

message 13: by Jennifer (last edited Jun 13, 2012 01:48PM) (new)

Jennifer (dumpyfledgling) | 4 comments It was as quick read. Finished it in 1 day at work since I had nothing to do. The book isn't great but it's a nice change of pace from all the girl/vampire/werewolf/fairy/"random supernatural character" etc. romances that everyone is trying to write now.

(view spoiler)

message 14: by Emy (new) - rated it 2 stars

Emy (emy0lee) | 92 comments I think I can blame Twilight and 50 Shades of Grey for lowering my standards of what makes acceptable reading, because I actually didn't think that it was that bad.
I agree with everything said in this review http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/... though.
And if any girls seriously want themselves a Travis, I really have no hope for the future.

Krista (leia1912) | 12 comments This book starts off snark-worthy and by the end, you just want to throw the book against the wall. (Fitting, because the "hero" likes to be physically aggressive.) Ugh. Why do people think guys like this are attractive?

(....I pictured Tom Hardy the entire book, FYI.)

(And I'm Leia1912 on ONTD. Hi, all!)

message 16: by Wigs (new)

TOM HARDY WHAT

OMG NO

Krista (leia1912) | 12 comments LOL, I think it was because that movie in which he's a boxer was all over the TV when I was reading this. And that made my initial distaste for the book even more. How can Tom Hardy be an emotionally abusive, psychotic jerk? DNW!

message 18: by Wigs (new)

are u dragging Warrior rn

are u

Krista (leia1912) | 12 comments Nooooo, just "Beautiful Disaster"!

message 20: by Emy (new) - rated it 2 stars

Emy (emy0lee) | 92 comments Krista wrote:" Why do people think guys like this are attractive?"

This drives me insane! There seems to be more and more books with girls falling for psychos (and it's okay because they're in love, and he just needed to find ~The One~ to be saved). Ugh.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

I feel so stupid, because I like these books. I don't know why.

Alyssa (girlcomeundone) | 63 comments Someone gave me this book and i am pumped to hate-read it with all of you!

message 23: by Jess (new)

Jess (gingeryarnco) | 616 comments Mod
It is nonsense!!!

Alyssa (girlcomeundone) | 63 comments ok, i'm 108 pages in and....
guys, did you know Travis has like, a lot of tattoos?

message 25: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (sloyson) | 13 comments Oh my god, I remember this book in that I remember it was a fucking disaster. It was so bad and urgh, so so so so bad. I remember when the cover was a psychedelic tongue.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

OMG I GOT THIS BOOK CONFUSED WITH THE Series Beautiful Creatures. I thought you guys were making fun of those books! I feel so much better now.

message 27: by Jess (new)

Jess (gingeryarnco) | 616 comments Mod
Ashley wrote: "OMG I GOT THIS BOOK CONFUSED WITH THE Series Beautiful Creatures. I thought you guys were making fun of those books! I feel so much better now."
I did too... Although the Beautiful Creature series is pretty bizarro. I'm midway through the series and it is strange. Maybe I'll pick them up again since I'm in the South again.

Alyssa (girlcomeundone) | 63 comments Finished.
Wow. This book made me RAGE.

Alicia (is beyond tired of your *ish) (ostensiblya) | 71 comments Alyssa wrote: "ok, i'm 108 pages in and....
guys, did you know Travis has like, a lot of tattoos?"

And Abby is just so perplexed by them. They don't have tattoos in Wichita, y'all.

Yeah, I know your rage (check my status updates). Congrats on surviving this book.