Percy Jackson's World discussion

Plot > The Thief of the Sea

Comments Showing 1-50 of 558 (558 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 09, 2012 10:23PM) (new)

So, we have this so far. More stuff may be added so check this often!

A sea monster arrives outside camp but can't cross the protective boundary lines. Even though it can't enter camp, it gives out a sickly green vapor that causes demigods to get very sick. The green vapor can be potentially fatal. None of the campers know how to fight the monster, because it's made of a watery substance and nothing harms it. Only one camper, Asmara, a daughter of Poseidon, knows how to defeat it because her father has given her the power to do so. But before she can actually try, she disappears, and another camper, Seiji, a son of Hephaestus, has a dream that shows Asmara captured by Oceanus, the titan of the sea. The dream also shows that Oceanus sent the sea monster. Oceanus is trying to force Poseidon into an unfair agreement that favors Oceanus, and he's using camp and Asmara as bargaining chips. Seiji, who receives the dream, is given a prophecy, which is shown below. He chooses two other quest members, Mist and Alex Romero, and they set out.

Prophecy:
Child of the forge, proceed to the west.
To save the one who can save the rest,
Protect from the wrath of the thief of the sea,
Lest lost may be one of three.

The first line: Child of the forge, proceed to the west, is obviously addressing a child of Hephaestus, in this case, Seiji.
So anyway, he leads a quest to save the missing camper, Asmara, and they head west toward Mount Tam.

Second line: To save the one who can save the rest, means that since Asmara is the only person who has the ability to destroy the sea monster, she has to first be found and saved before she can defeat the sea monster.

Third line: Protect from the wrath of the thief of the sea. So since the missing camper, Asmara, is a child of Poseidon, then the kidnapper would be "the thief of the sea." And obviously, when the quest members manage to save Asmara they'll have to face the wrath of Oceanus, the kidnapper.

Fourth and last line: Lest lost may be one of three, is connected to the third line. One quest member, Alex, is about to be killed by "the thief of the sea," and then the Asmara, now free, saves her life.

Quest "Cast":

Asmara (played by Asmaa): the missing camper & the only demigod with the power to save the camp-kidnapped 
Seiji (played by Audrey): quest leader
Mist (played by Izzy): quest member
Alex Romero (played by Hadley): quest member
(one of the quest members will be close to dying at a point in the quest, but the missing camper, once found and freed, will save this camper's life, thus protecting the "from the wrath of the thief of the sea")

Mari (played by TBBT): the Oracle-a young girl of sixteen who has the spirit of the Delphi in her. 
Oceanus (played by Angel): "the thief of the sea" who sends the sea monster to destroy camp and then kidnaps Asmara, all as parts of his plot to make Poseidon agree to an unfair agreement with Oceanus. 
Oceanus's army: fights for Oceanus
Oceanus's henchman 1 (played by TBBT): Sonny, a chimera who has a grudge against demigods
Oceanus's henchman 2 (played by Silverlight): Bob, a demigod son of Hermes turned evil
Oceanus's henchman 3: carries out Oceanus's commands
Sea Monster (played by Regan): sent by Oceanus to destroy camp, practically invincible, can only be destroyed by Asmara, creates a potentially deadly sickness that only the Poseidon kids are immune to

Even if your demigod character is not on the quest, you can claim one of the non-demigods who will play important roles on the quest, such as Oceanus. One person will play the whole of Oceanus's army. Please only take this role if you are sure you will be able to handle it.

This is a rough sketch of what will happen on the first two days once this plan's set in action:

Day 1: A sea monster arrives outside camp, and starts to prowl around its borders. It is unable to cross the camp's protective borders. As soon as it arrives, campers start to feel sick because of the sickly green glowing vapor that it emanates and which penetrates the camps. Chiron says that this vapor may grow to be fatal. Asmara admits that long ago, her father had told her that something like this would happen, although before she didn't know what he was talking about. She says that her father had granted her the ability to get rid of this monster and its vapor, but she will need time. Chiron agrees and calls the meeting to an end. The campers go to sleep. 

Day 2: The meeting is called, but Asmara doesn't show up. They wait a while and then send someone to go look for her. She is nowhere to be found. Neither is Shadow.
Another camper, Seiji, tells the others about a dream that he had, in which Asmara is captured and in the hands of her kidnapper, Oceanus.
Chiron announces that she must have been captured because she was the only one who had the power to save the camp from the sea monster. 
The Oracle gives a prophecy:
Child of the forge, proceed to the west, 
And save the one who can save the rest.

Chiron interprets the prophecy to mean that a child of Hephaestus must lead a quest to rescue Asmara. Seiji is quest leader, and he chooses two other campers, Mist and Alex Romero, to go on the quest with him. The quest members get ready to leave.

Day 3: The quest members set out. They go west to Mount Tam, because Seiji had dreamed that Asmara was trapped there.
They travel by taking random rides. They arrive in Oklahoma City and stay there for the night. 

Day 4: They keep traveling and arrive at the Mount Tam, which is where Oceanus has kept Asmara. Oceanus's army approaches, and the quest members have to quickly free Asmara.

The last two days are sketchy because the people who play the quest members are free to add stuff to make it more fun. You guys should add some gifts with monsters maybe, like smaller sea monsters sent by Oceanus. Since Mist is going, they should be able to handle it.

Rules/Conditions:
• Follow the plot. Quest members can add stuff like fights with monsters and dreams and stuff on the quest.
• Do not kill a person unless the member is okay with their character dying.
• Don't make your character do all the stuff in fights and let all people participate and have fun.
• Please be active!!!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

The king of illusions will make you see
Who is unfaithful of the three.
The house of mirrors reflects the truth,
to bring down the king you must have proof.
What is real and what is fake,
answer wrong and you'll seal your fate.

What if a son of Iris or something turns evil and he has the power to bend light to make you see illusions? He could have been building some kind of army and is secretly training to attack camp or Olympus. To explain the fourth line, what if the gods were being tricked, like being made to see something else than an army, so they didn't believe. us? If this idea completely stinks, please tell me.

message 3: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 02, 2012 05:48AM) (new)

Actually that idea's pretty good, but we need something based on the characters we have in our RP. We don't have a child of Iris. Here's what I was thinking: A camper gets kidnapped by some deity (we'll work out who's the kidnapper later), and then a quest goes out to find that camper. This is just a basic sketch, we could add a lot more to make it interesting.

Child of the forge, proceed to the west.
To save the one who can save the rest,

I don't know if you guys like that...let me explain what it means:
The first line: Child of the forge, proceed to the west, is obviously addressing a child of Hephaestus. I just randomly picked Hephaestus, but we can change the word "forge" around depending on who goes on the quest.
So anyway, this demigod leads a quest to save the missing camper, and they head west.

Second line: To save the one who can save the rest, would work like this. Say the camp is being half destroyed by a sea monster, and the only person who has the ability to destroy it is that missing camper, and that's why that camper was kidnapped.

Third line: Protect from the wrath of the thief of the sea, again I randomly chose "sea" which we can change later. So if the missing camper is a child of Poseidon, then the kidnapper would be "the thief of the sea." And obviously, when the quest members manage to save the missing camper, they'll have to face the wrath of the kidnapper.

Fourth and last line: Lest lost may be one of three, is connected to the third line. Like, maybe one quest member is about to be killed by "the thief of the sea," and then the missing camper, now free, saves that quest member's life.

Perfection *Sherlock's Girl* | 6 comments Not bad!!! It's a very good idea. And I liked Angel's idea too!!! Maybe later once we have a child of Iris!

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) I like both ideas tons and tons!!! :D

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Lol thanks guys!
I agree that Angel's idea was great-we should do it once we have more people and an evil child of Iris!

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) Haha, yup! :D

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

So...you guys want to do it?
I've got this set up so far:

Quest Cast:

the missing camper: the only demigod with the power to save the camp-kidnapped 
quest leader: leads the quest to save the missing demigod
quest member
quest member
(one of the quest members will be close to dying at a point in the quest, but the missing camper, once found and freed, will save this camper's life, thus protecting the "from the wrath of the thief of the sea")

Oracle: a young girl of sixteen who has the spirit of the Delphi in her. 
Kidnapper: "the thief of the sea"
Kidnapper's army
Kidnapper's henchman 1: carries out kidnapper's commands
Kidnapper's henchman 2: ^ ^
Kidnapper's henchman 3: ^ ^ 

Nothing's permanent yet, and might be changed. 

If you want your demigod character to be a member of the quest, post that here. If you don't want your character to go on the quest, you can claim one of the non-demigods who will play important roles on the quest, such as the kidnapper. 

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I want Asmara to be the missing camper, and I want there to be one child of the Big Three on the quest, then two others. How about Mist, Seiji, and Alex Romero? A daughter of Poseidon, a son of Hephaestus, and a daughter of Athena. Hey, then Seiji could be the child of the forge, and either Seiji, Mist, or Alex could be the camper who will be near death, but then be saved by Asmara.

Wha do you guys think?

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) I'm in!!! :D:D:D

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Yay! You want Mist to go on the quest?

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) YESYESYESYESYESYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please? ^~^

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay!! But you'll have to be really active then on the quest.

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) I will! :)

message 15: by Audrey ~ EXO-L (new)

Audrey ~ EXO-L (lunewhisper7) Yes! I would love it if Seiji--
Seiji: I'LL SAVE ASMARA AND DIE FOR HER!
Me: Dude....I want you to stay alive...You're really important to me....
Seiji: Oh...how about Music can be a fourth member, and you can kill her! After all, you don't use her a lot!
Music: *twitch*
Yuki: *shakes head in sympathy*

Born2read *from the bottom of the totem pole* | 2358 comments How many quests will be active at one time? I VOTE FOR CAMPFIRE!

[ constellation mokke ] (plueblue02) I really like both ideas. They seem...amazing!

I can probably make a girl charrie as the Oracle if you want.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Born2read wrote: "How many quests will be active at one time? I VOTE FOR CAMPFIRE!"

One at a time lol

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Izzy99 ~* I Love Books *~ wrote: "I will! :)"

Great ;)

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Audrey Silverwhisper wrote: "Yes! I would love it if Seiji--
Seiji: I'LL SAVE ASMARA AND DIE FOR HER!
Me: Dude....I want you to stay alive...You're really important to me....
Seiji: Oh...how about Music can be a fourth member,..."

Okay cool!! Lol

Poor Music.
Anyway, who leads the quest?
Not Mist, sorry Izzy, I just think the Big Three kids already get too much importance. Let's wait and see what Hadley says about Alex.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

j-ïċë wrote: "I really like both ideas. They seem...amazing!

I can probably make a girl charrie as the Oracle if you want."

Well...I want a member who's proven active to be the Oracle. Sorry, you're still new. If you're really active, and Oracle's not claimed yet, then you could have her.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Audrey, want Seiji to lead the quest?

[ constellation mokke ] (plueblue02) Okay then.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Sure Asmaa! Alex can be one!

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Great! Now we've got our quest members: Mist, Seiji, and Alex.

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Yay!

Mary *TheBigBangTheory* *I love Louis!* | 1110 comments I'll be the oracle. Is she a daughter of a god, or like the girl in the books? (forgot her name whoops)

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah you can have her as long as you don't already have three characters. Also, the Oracle needs to be active, so if you start being inactive, I'll have to give the Oracle to somebody else.
And her name is Rachel ;)

Mary *TheBigBangTheory* *I love Louis!* | 1110 comments Ok. Is that the name you want me to use?

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

nah, its gonna be a different oracle, so you can choose the name and everything!

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

:)

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

I've updated the quest stuff, so please check my first post.

message 34: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 02, 2012 03:51PM) (new)

So we need to decide which quest member will fulfill the last line of the prophecy: Lest lost may be one of three. They have to be close to being killed, and then Asmara saves them.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Alex can be that person if you want.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

sure that'll work.

message 37: by regan (new)

regan So Asmaa, what do I do?? :)

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Asmara: Am I the only one who doesn't like this idea? I am not a damsel in distress! I don't need saving!! I can take care of myself.

Me: Yeah, yeah, whatever. I'm the boss. You're just the hired help.

Asmara: Yeah, and I can kill you!!

Me: eeep!!!

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Percabeth1122 *Regan* wrote: "So Asmaa, what do I do?? :)"

you can play either Oceanus, or his army, or one of his henchmen.

message 40: by regan (new)

regan Sure, I guess so. I'll be one of Oceanus's henchmen! And I'll be really active so don't worry!!

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

awesome!! I'll add you as his henchman. Btw, Oceanus's henchman is a monster, and you can choose which kind.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

hey you wanna do the sea monster instead?

message 43: by regan (new)

regan Like be Oceanus?? Idk... I don't know if I'd be a very good Oceanus. I'd have to look into him and search some of the myths with him to understand him well.

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

no, you can be the sea monster. see top.

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Sea monster: creates a potentially fatal sickness among campers, can't be harmed by weapons because its made of a watery, vapory substance, and can only be destroyed by Asmara.

message 46: by regan (new)

regan If I'm still the sea monster can I be Heather and Rp with her during this time period??

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah of course! Heather's yours. This quest thing is only temporary.

message 48: by regan (new)

regan Ok!!! I'll be the monster then!

And I will apologize now to all those who the monster attacks and or almost kills!!!! I am only playing a part! I am not as evil as the monster is in person!!!

((Sorry for the late response! The notification thing didn't notify me for some reason.))

message 49: by Born2read *from the bottom of the totem pole* (last edited Jun 02, 2012 06:20PM) (new)

Born2read *from the bottom of the totem pole* | 2358 comments Wait will people actially die? Or will they be miraculously saved atthe las possible second? In the camp i mean, not on the actial quest

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

They won't actually die, because Asmara will destroy the monster before the campers can actually die. Once the monster dies, the green vapor will disappear and the campers will be fine. Unless somebody wants their character to die. Then they can have their character die if they want.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12