The Not-So Austen Bookclub discussion

The Iron King (The Iron Fey, #1)
This topic is about The Iron King
Group Book Of The Month > ***Challenge No# 5: The Iron King (The Iron Fey #!) ***

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Booknut, Head Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Booknut (booknut101) | 4592 comments Mod
Discussion Questions: (choose 1 or more)

1.) What do you think of Oberon's relationship with Meghan? Does it show maturity on her part, or does it show the hurt he has inflicted on her when she treats him in the cool detached way she does?
2.) Prince Ash is something of an enigma. Do you think it is the lure of this that is behind Meghan's attraction? If not, what do you think is the reason behind Meghan's first feelings for him - are they purely 'looks based' or not?
3.) Explain why you think Puck never spoke of his feelings before. Considering his personality and careless attitude, why has he kept his feelings to himself?
4.) Ash comes back for Meghan at the end of the book, even after everything. Why do you think this is?
5.) Why do you think Ethan is more perspective than his parents? Is this because he is a child or because of something more?

Opinions below - sincere thanks to those who are contributing to the ongoing discussions!

Olivia (olivia1395) | 1948 comments 1) I think it shows hurt more than maturity. I think she is trying to be strong and not let it affect her but she can't help that it does.
2) I think, originally, the lure was his looks, but as the book progressed there was more to it that than. But everyone is attracted by looks first. It's hard to not be attracted to someone like Ash. Haha. But attraction starts many relationships. It's not a bad thing; it's just the truth.
3)Because everyone fears rejection, even Puck.
4) I was very upset when this happened, but then I remembered, Ash made an oath. When faeries make oaths they have to keep them, even when they don't want to.
5) I think because of his innocence. His innocence, or childness? allows him to see things more clearly, or the fae more clearly anyway.

message 3: by Booknut, Head Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Olivia wrote: "1) I think it shows hurt more than maturity. I think she is trying to be strong and not let it affect her but she can't help that it does.
2) I think, originally, the lure was his looks, but as the..."

I love your response to 3.). I think it's so true, and shows the somewhat humane aspect of the fae - that everyone, everyone , even the villains, the carefree ones, the stoic ones...everyone fears rejection. I also think it is that mixed with a case of "I'll do it later". Fae are used to having all the time in the world and it never occurred to Puck that he'd have any real competition.

BTW I like your answer to 2.) as well, lol!:D

Olivia (olivia1395) | 1948 comments Booknut wrote: "Olivia wrote: "1) I think it shows hurt more than maturity. I think she is trying to be strong and not let it affect her but she can't help that it does.
2) I think, originally, the lure was his lo..."

Haha thanks:) I like your answer to number 2 as well. And I loved the questions. They were great! (And very fun to answer)

Anna Wood-gaines (annabanana13) | 1674 comments 1. I think that is her just trying to protect herself and stay distant. She just met him, and doesn't trust him at all. I think she may also be a little hurt that he never took the time to see her.
2. oh Ash...good grief can you think of a more amazing and wonderful and hot(even though he's an ice prince:D) and smart and funny and caring and...*i need to stop here before i start fangirling Again haha!*
anyway...the question! oh yes! haha while Ash is very stunning, i don't think he and Meghan's attraction is based on looks simply because they didn't fall completely in love with each other at first sight! Their relationship is soo much more than that!
3. Puck..oh Puck. I really love you too. But just not as much as Ash ;)
I think Puck didn't tell Meghan how he felt about her because he didn't want to have to hide things from her and lie when they are in a relationship. Also, he knows he doesn't age, so he doesn't think he can be together. He truly cares about her and her safety.
4. because they're in loveeeeee<3 *fangirling*
5. Because he's something more! Sorry, I've read all the books so I will shut it now :)

Anna Wood-gaines (annabanana13) | 1674 comments btw i love these questions Booknut!
and i loved your answers Olivia! Especially 2 & 3!

message 7: by Booknut, Head Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna wrote: "1. I think that is her just trying to protect herself and stay distant. She just met him, and doesn't trust him at all. I think she may also be a little hurt that he never took the time to see her...."

Yes I know! The oxymoron of Ash being a hot Ice Prince always makes me smile :D

message 8: by Booknut, Head Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna wrote: "1. I think that is her just trying to protect herself and stay distant. She just met him, and doesn't trust him at all. I think she may also be a little hurt that he never took the time to see her...."

The point - point 3 - that you mentioned is so wonderfully put! I think that it's so true that Puck didn't want all this secrecy and history that she didn't know about tarnishing their relationship. He probably thought they'd have time.

And point 4 was very funny!!

Anna Wood-gaines (annabanana13) | 1674 comments Booknut wrote: "Anna wrote: "1. I think that is her just trying to protect herself and stay distant. She just met him, and doesn't trust him at all. I think she may also be a little hurt that he never took the tim..."

ah yes, he does pull of the hot Ice Prince thing though! Haha, it always makes me chuckle too.

Thank you! And I have to agree with you with Puck thinking he'd have more time..I love Ash and I am SOO glad he and Meghan are together!, but thinking about Puck always chokes me up :(

hehe thankss ;)

message 10: by Booknut, Head Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna wrote: "Booknut wrote: "Anna wrote: "1. I think that is her just trying to protect herself and stay distant. She just met him, and doesn't trust him at all. I think she may also be a little hurt that he ne..."

Thank YOU! I really loved Ash after book 4, though - I mean, I've always liked him, but after book 4 he became alot more real to me.

message 11: by Anna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna Wood-gaines (annabanana13) | 1674 comments Booknut wrote: "Thank YOU! I really loved Ash after book 4, though - I mean, I've always liked him, but after book 4 he became alot more real to me. "

I agree completely!! Although, I really started to connect with him in book 3 which is still my favorite :)

Olivia (olivia1395) | 1948 comments Anna wrote: "btw i love these questions Booknut!
and i loved your answers Olivia! Especially 2 & 3!"

Thanks Anna! I liked your answers too!

message 13: by Anna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anna Wood-gaines (annabanana13) | 1674 comments Thanks Olivia!

Olivia (olivia1395) | 1948 comments Welcome!