Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > Gwyneth Paltrow needs to lose some weight(The deep fried diet)

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lori (new)

Lori At least according to her, she's gained some pesky pounds during the holidays and is going on a detox diet. Poor Gwyneth and her pesky pounds! So here she is advertising her "doctor approved!" detox.

"She is cutting out dairy, grains with gluten, meat, shellfish, anything processed (including all soy products), fatty nuts, nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers and eggplant), condiments, sugar and alcohol, caffeine or soda.

Instead, her diet will consist of salads, fruit smoothies, chicken, soups and lots of water."

Let's all wish her luck, shall we?
Richard bought 2 US and a People on his various airplane trips and brought them home. Cover story on all 3? Half Their Weight! How They Did It! real people lose weight!

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments I'm shocked that she would consider eating calories in her condition. Shocked! Why, fruit is LOADED with fructose!

I am SO glad I'm not a celebrity. It's nobody's business but mine if my pants get a little snugger over the holidays.

message 3: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jesstrea) or if my feet are too big.

message 4: by Lori (new)

Lori I also hate when people sneer because a celebrity is seen walking the dog or going to the market in sweats. I say bravo!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

or if I want to sleep with lots of people.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments wait... what, Sarah? I think I might care about that.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

just kidding.

Jackie "the Librarian" | 8993 comments whew! :D

message 9: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments or if my feet are too big

good one, Chairy!

message 10: by RandomAnthony (last edited Jan 06, 2009 05:31AM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Gweneth Paltrow can eat all the fruit she wants, but then she has to agree to keep her husband from making more records.
I must admit I roll my eyes when a celebrity like Ms. Paltrow says something so totally whacknuts then two months later tries to speak seriously about politics or something. You said you were on this weirdass diet, lady, and now you want me to take you seriously in another arena? I don't think so. Eat some ice cream and we'll talk.

message 11: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments in the south (Alabama, Georgia..) lots of girls have this thing called a "Deep Fried" diet. they only eat stuff that has been batter dipped and cooked in hot oil (dill pickles, cat fish, hush puppies, onion rings)and there are many many good looking woman there. 'spose a lot of this is just genetics?

message 12: by Heidi (last edited Jan 06, 2009 07:46AM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments I don't exclusively eat stuff that's batter dipped.

message 13: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) How does one batter dip something exclusively? I'm just asking ....

message 14: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i thought that meant that you can deep fry things without them being batter dipped. like a deep fried twinkie or snickers bar

message 15: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Kevin -- there are good looking women everywhere.

message 16: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments I mean, I'm from the south, and I don't just eat stuff that's batter-dipped and fried. I like raw veggies and fruits. I like baked chicken. I don't fry my water.

message 17: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments all i know is that i am in the south i want beans and greens, BBQ, cornbread and sweet tea

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Kevin, Is sweet tea really sweet, or just kind of sweet. I don't like a real sweet tea.

message 19: by Kevin (last edited Jan 06, 2009 09:23AM) (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments uhmmm... i will defer to heidi on this but the kind i have had almost makes me go into a sugar-induced coma. so, it is beyond kinda sweet if done correctly. also it seems in alabama lots of places serve it in those red plastic tall glasses. bout 24 ounces at a time

message 20: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments Milo's sweet tea is awesome! Super sweet!

message 21: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Hmmm... I like my tea without sweetener. I'm a weirdo Southerner, though. So any sweetener is "too sweet" in my book. If I remember correctly, though, my grandmother would make a pitcher with 2 cups sugar to one pitcher while it was fresh from brewing (still hot). I'd say it's really sweet.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

So then it is a hot tea, not an iced tea?

message 23: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments did grandma talk real fast and zip around the kitchen in fast gear?

message 24: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17320 comments Mod
no, no, it is brewed with boiling water over tea bags, then cooled, then poured over ice.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

OK, got it. Thanks.

message 26: by Heidi (last edited Jan 06, 2009 01:02PM) (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments Exactly (what Sally said).

OR... as my grandmother would do sometimes, she'd fill the jug with water and set it out on the sunporch during the day (sugar in the bottom of the jug, too) so that by dusk/nighttime, it would be fully steeped, and we could drink the tea with our dinner.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, sun tea, I make that in the summer, but I usually skip any sweetener.

message 28: by Sally, la reina (new)

Yes, as opposed to Southern sweet tea, (which Sweeter's mom makes and I can't) sun tea is easy and foolproof. It doesn't seem to work/taste as good in the winter. Must be a summer treat only.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah it fizzles in the winter. How's the kitty?

message 30: by Sally, la reina (new)

She's okay. She is taking a big nap now. She's had needles in the hip and cold things in the rear and swabs down the ear holes. She's a wee exhausted. I just rubbed some cold flea-repent onto her back so she's extra tuckered.

But cute. We bonded a bit today. She's been Sweeter's cat up until now.

message 31: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I don't want any sugar in my tea. No sugar! Some people don't believe me when I say that and try to sneak it in.

Poor kitty!

message 32: by Sally, la reina (new)

Stay away from RA's tea with that sugar, everybody!

message 33: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments I like green tea with a bit of peppermint oil. That's my fave.

message 34: by Sally, la reina (new)

mmmmm. I woke up with a stomach ache, so that sounds much better than coffee.

message 35: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments my current tea (wow, that sounds both British and odd)is Cranberry Pomegranate

message 36: by Heidi (new)

Heidi (heidihooo) | 10825 comments It's super-refreshing during the summertime, Sally! I'll bring a large jug of it to our kickball games and everyone drinks it up.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.