Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1) Hush, Hush discussion

why chauncey didn't have a soul to reanimate his body?

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

help! i dont understand!!

Snow he was nepheliam-ik wrong spelling
so he was immortal
so he had no soul because he was never meant to die

message 3: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 02, 2012 07:11PM) (new)

But isnt nora a nephilim?

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Nadiraalisha wrote: "But isnt nora a nephilim?"

(view spoiler)

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood im saying i dont know if she is or not....i think she is though couldnt say for sure though

Snow Nadiraalisha wrote: "But isnt nora a nephilim?"

yes but its watered down so to speak
only first generations are immortal and have no soul
further generations down have no powers

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Morgan wrote:
yes but its watered down so to speak
only first generations are immortal and have no soul
further generations down have no powers"

Also isn't it said that the future generation of a nephilim must be sacrificed in order for the first generation nephilim to die

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood i think so..i reamber reading somthing about that to; or somthing close to it anyways

Bryan Chauncey died because the Angel of Death have interfered with it cause they think that he'll cause a lot of trouble other than Hank Millar who is next in line in governing the Nephilims but they though wrong because of him there will have war between angels and nephilims :D

Cassie    'The Thinker Go Go Go Go' Mis. Roben Goodfellow'\Isabelle Lightwood yeah, at least now Hank is dead.......witch really sucks beause now Nora has to run the army and lead them.

Tegan Chauncey died: because after he was possessed the first time his soul was destroyed. And when Nora revealed that She was descended from his bloodline and killed herself, that killed Chauncey too. However because Patch asked the angel of death to bring Nora back, therefore saving his life and becoming a guardian angel. But Hank DID NOT die because angels approached him and told him that if he stopped using devilcraft then he would be spared.

message 13: by Kate (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kate nora at the end of silence is 1st gen nephil but she is still nora!! she hasn't ben possessed as a nephil so she still has her soul in tact but things beginto get sticky at the end of silence with her leading the army and dating patch!!

message 14: by Kate (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kate i mean jev!!!!!!!!

Reader the Fish Nora's human, so she has a soul. Chauncey on the other hand is not human, so he doesn't have a soul. when she got her life back, she was able to retrieve her soul, which for Chauncey who already didn't have can't get anything to be alive again.

nora's soul - soul= Death
Nora's death + soul= Nora Alive

Chauncey - Chauncy= 0
Chauncey + Chauncey= 0

Ashley Ummm... there was no talk of Nephils not having souls as far as I can recall in ANY of the books. Just sayin.