Teens Who Read Book Club discussion

Ask Anything! > Friends Of The Opposite Sex

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ginny (new)

Ginny (overthebridge) | 100 comments Mod
Do you have friends of the oppsite sex? (Not your significant other) What are the pros and cons of having them as a friend?

message 2: by Ginny (new)

I have two close guy friends and several casual guy friends. I like having guys as friends because they tend to not hang on to as much drama and they don't over analyze situations like girls do.

message 3: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Mary (carolynmary) | 43 comments I do, most definitely. :] I'm the same way, two close guy friends and lots of others that aren't as close, but still my buddies. ;] It's funny, actually, my boyfriend's best friends are the two I'm closest with. XD I totally agree, they don't care about drama!

message 4: by Ginny (new)

^ I know, it's so nice! I have one guy friend that is definitely more relaxed than me XD. I worry too much about some things! :P But he will always get me to laugh and let loose about it and he always makes me feel better. I think boyfriends are great, but you definitely need a guy pal to get you through life.

message 5: by Carolyn (last edited Jun 01, 2012 06:41PM) (new)

Carolyn Mary (carolynmary) | 43 comments For sure. My boyfriend's awesome {XD Awkward}, but the guys are always fun to talk to when I need to make a serious situation more fun. :]

message 6: by Ginny (new)

That's awesome that your boyfriend's awesome, not awkward! :D But yeah, guys can defintely change the mood in the room! {In both good and bad ways, depending on the boy XD}

message 7: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Mary (carolynmary) | 43 comments Hehe. :] They can! My class {class, not grade} is made up of mostly guys and very few girls, and it wouldn't be the same without them!

message 8: by Ginny (new)

My classes are pretty equal with boys and girls. I have to say, I have mixed opinions on boys in my school. This is how I group them:
My Friends/Allies
Flirts/Girl Crazies
Popular Dudes {they usually also fall in the Flirts/Girl Crazies category}
Music People {They generally fall in my Friends/Allies categories}
Antisocials
Strange Annoying Animals

{Yes, I am very weird to group boys XD }

message 9: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Mary (carolynmary) | 43 comments XD Here are mine:

My friends
Smart kids
Socially awkward boys
Loners {XD}
Popular guys
Weirdos O.o

message 10: by Ginny (new)

ROTFL! XD

message 11: by Kylie (new)

Kylie | 15 comments I have 2 close guy friends. One I only ever talk to online. Until yesterday but that's a long story and I didn't exactly talk. But anyway. So yeah. I've seen him in person and stuff but we only talk on Facebook. Then I have a guy friend who I have been friends with for 6 years and he's like a brother to me. There is also a guy I sometimes talk to but I don't know if I could count him as a friend...

message 12: by Ginny (new)

^ Oh, lord...

message 13: by Kylie (new)

Kylie | 15 comments What is that supposed to mean?! LOL!

message 14: by Ginny (new)

Just I know who you're tlaking about

message 15: by Kylie (new)

Kylie | 15 comments Oh. LOL! I'm talking to him right now ;). LOL! Sorry I'm getting off topic. I'm done now.

message 16: by Ginny (new)

OH KYLIE!!! XD

message 17: by Kylie (new)

Kylie | 15 comments Hahaha!

message 18: by Anna (new)

Anna (anna1998) | 16 comments I've only ever been to all girl schools, so I don't really have many guy friends. I'm really close to my cousin (well one of them ) who's a boy, and I used to be great friends with my next door neighbour, but he moved away,and at the time, neither of us really knew about 'keeping in touch' which I find kinda sad since I knew him from age three to eight or nine.
I wish I had more 'exposure' to guys, but my area is mainly girls and all the few boys are REALLY annoying ;)

message 19: by Ginny (new)

LOL! yes, so many boys are annoying. XD I will never have a boyfriend because the only decent boys are ones I am friends with. :P

message 20: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Mary (carolynmary) | 43 comments You sure will have a boyfriend someday, Ginny! I have no doubt about it! XD

message 21: by Ginny (new)

LOL! I guess I will. Some amazing boy will have to move to my town though! XD

message 22: by Kylie (new)

Kylie | 15 comments I'm sure you will Ginny. I on the other hand. I'm to quiet...

message 23: by Ginny (new)

I'm surprised that you say that! :D Oh, and for you, maybe W? ;)

message 24: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Mary (carolynmary) | 43 comments Kylie wrote: "I'm sure you will Ginny. I on the other hand. I'm to quiet..."

You will, too! Gosh guys, be nice! Prince Charming will come riding on his trusty steed one day. No worries! ;]

Ginny wrote: "LOL! I guess I will. Some amazing boy will have to move to my town though! XD"

XDXDXD

message 25: by Kylie (new)

Kylie | 15 comments Haha! Stop!! I don't like him! Lol!

message 26: by Ginny (new)

I will not stop, Kylie! :)

message 27: by Kylie (new)

Kylie | 15 comments Lol. Sometimes I wonder why I told you and A about him. Lol!

message 28: by Ginny (new)

Sometimes I wonder that too... ;)

message 29: by Kylie (new)

Kylie | 15 comments Lol. I promise you I do not like him. He's to old for me

message 30: by Ginny (new)

Yes he is, and it's TOO not TO! {I am allowed to correct her, ladies and gentlemen, she's my best friend XD}

message 31: by Kylie (new)

Kylie | 15 comments Haha. I was trying to figure that out as I was typing it.

message 32: by Ginny (new)

LOL