The Sword and Laser discussion

TV, Movies and Games > Film in the works- Altered carbon

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Warren (new)

Warren | 1556 comments I was wondering about Richard K. Morgans book becoming a movie. So I did some checking. You could run through a couple sleeves just waiting for them to finally make the film. This will the the 3rd try. I think he originally sold the film rights for about a million dollars. I hope they do a good job of it.
"ALTERED CARBON film rights re-optioned"

http://thewertzone.blogspot.com/2012/...

message 2: by terpkristin (new)

terpkristin | 4190 comments Hmm. Mayhaps we should read that one for a SF pick sometime. It was up for voting once but it didn't win. I don't remember what did...might have been Flashforward.

message 3: by Aloha (new)

Aloha | 919 comments I second that.

message 4: by Tamahome (new)

Tamahome | 6352 comments Maybe we can vote on 'past losers'.

message 5: by Warren (new)

Warren | 1556 comments From his web page- "also this month, look out for an official announcement and status update on the Altered Carbon film deal – some very  impressive names attached (none of which I’m at liberty to divulge right now, but watch this space….) - meanwhile, Market Forces is in informal development with Forward Films"
http://www.richardkmorgan.com/news/80...

message 6: by Keith (new)

Keith (keithatc) "Optioned" means basically nothing.

Personally, I think Altered Carbon should be made into a series by the same people who brought us the Spartacus show.

message 7: by Warren (last edited Jun 05, 2012 05:30AM) (new)

Warren | 1556 comments Keith wrote: ""Optioned" means basically nothing.

What? After a mere ten years they're going to make make the movie
;-} Point taken- you probably shouldn't plan a world cruise based on a book being optioned. I agree, its going to hard to compress the book into a film. There are three books in that series so they have plenty of material.