New York City Roleplay discussion

Manhattan > Times Square

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Liv (new)

Liv (osf1998) The lights! The action! Times Square is as bustling and hectic as always.

Psᴇᴜᴅᴏʟᴏɢᴏs [ ɢᴏɴᴇ ] (MuchLikeFalling) Spade was unsure of his future -- training to be a neurosurgeon yet having the heart of a veterinarian and the soul of a musician; if only there was a way to do all. However, at least he could try and get some tips by street performing with his violin. Standing up on a relatively roomy sidewalk, he took his violin from his obsidian case and began to play a fast paced tune that included quite a few sixteenth and eight notes. A few people crowded, watching him with elated smiles and constructive whispers. Once he was finished playing, he took off his hat and showed it around, getting a few dollars. Setting it down in front of him, he began to play another elated tune.

message 3: by Liv (new)

Liv (osf1998) Chameleon walked calmly through Times Square, past the flashing shop lights and bright, technicolored bulletin boards. Soon the sweet, melodic sound of music drifted to her ears, and she glanced over to see a tall, attractively mysterious guy playing his violin with an uncompromised kind of intensity and skill.
"Wow," she breathed, impressed. When he finished his tune, she pulled a twenty from her stylistically ripped jean pocket and slowly set it in his outstretched hat. As she looked up, their eyes met.

Psᴇᴜᴅᴏʟᴏɢᴏs [ ɢᴏɴᴇ ] (MuchLikeFalling) Nearing the inevitable end of his second tune, he decided it was best to end with a dying note rather than an abrupt cut-off, as it was better to start the song furious like a flaming caldron and then ending with a little mystery that seemed to tint the notes with curiosity, sorrow, and horror all at once. Upon finishing, he glanced down at the hat now at his feet, eyes glinting with pride upon seeing a twenty-dollar bill in a coalesce of ones, fives, and tens. He lifted his contemplation to exasperate his occuli upon the feminine he had met glances with earlier; he had to thank her for her services. First, however, he picked up the money filled hat and set it swiftly on his head so that no paper fell out from it's confines. He took a few steps, carrying the violin and bow in one hand while out outstretching the other."My name is Spade, and I must thank you for the tip; it was more than what I could ask for," he murmured, still waiting patiently for the handshake.

message 5: by Liv (new)

Liv (osf1998) Chameleon smiled in a partially demure way, eyes sparkling underneath half-lidded eyes. "Hello, Spade." she bared white teeth shyly, giving him a blinding yet coy smile. "I don't have alot to spare, but I believe in compensating a talent when I see one. Or, should I say, hear one?" she gave him a one-up appraisingly. "See and hear, as it is. Are you here playing often?"

Psᴇᴜᴅᴏʟᴏɢᴏs [ ɢᴏɴᴇ ] (MuchLikeFalling) Spade allowed sensation to become him as the compliment sunk in; he was really that worthy in the music category. He could feel the ascending ambiance of coming heat. No one complimented him usually and so he was naturally getting a little weak; a blush was what he considered weak. In an attempt to hide his slip of emotion, he used her question as a way to redirect his anarchic psyche, his cranium shaking as a non-verbal answer."Only when I have time to sparr. Between my job and school, free time is not really something I can expect," he proclaimed with the slightest grimace.

message 7: by Liv (last edited Jun 25, 2012 01:21PM) (new)

Liv (osf1998) Chameleon watched him carefully, showing the same intensity as hawk inspecting it's prey--yet, there was gentleness and tenderness in her sharp gaze, as her eyes bore into him. "A busy man? Refreshing. I hate layabouts. I can relate to being preoccupied, I'm currently employed two places so free time isn't in my schedule, either. Where do you work?" she gave him an easy smile, heart fluttering.

Psᴇᴜᴅᴏʟᴏɢᴏs [ ɢᴏɴᴇ ] (MuchLikeFalling) He had to admit, her occuli were frigid albeit welcoming all at once. His eyes were cerulean themselves, however, her cobalt hues were of a lighter, colder looking quality that seemed to send a chill through his very entity. However, he concealed those feelings of alert and put on a faint vector of a smile on his labrums just as she."I work in the Italian restaurant in Queens," he proclaimed."However, once I get into the world of neurosurgeons I will be in a much more exciting position rather than dealing with customer attitudes," he added with a slight laugh. People in New York seemed to have this attitude aura around them and he couldn't help but be curious as to why New York had so much attitude.

message 9: by Liv (new)

Liv (osf1998) ((Did you have a spot there when you first introduced your charrie? Don't worry about it, you can keep the job but I'll put an application center in under the employment area, so for future reference you gotta apply first:] But it's fine for starters, don't worry bout it :D))

Chameleon nodded, very much entranced my his lovely eyes. "It seems like a nice place to work, besides the aforementioned...attitudes. New York does seem to attract a certain kind of hierarchical demeanor, doesn't it? And then on the other end of the spectrum," she told him, raising her hands palms up to the sky to indicate polar sides, "there's the unenfranchised, poor and homeless. Inverses of each other...The Big Apple does have an unusual cast of characters, I'll say."

Psᴇᴜᴅᴏʟᴏɢᴏs [ ɢᴏɴᴇ ] (MuchLikeFalling) ((Mhm, I didn't specifically put what restaurant on his profile, but its there. I noticed the job placement thing a few minutes ago as well and I plan on putting down one once I have a more stable amount of time to do so.))

Spade agreed wholeheartedly with her statements. There were the superior upper class citizens and then there were the inferior lower class individuals and then some in the middle. However, his psyche quickly drifted from the subject of the common idiosyncrasies of those who inhabited New York and focuses more fully on the vivid pigment of her tresses; they were a bright tint of pink that seemed to more thoroughly express that her character was spicy, different, wild, and maybe a little bit of a lack in morals. However, he knew this was far from the case, as the woman before him was probably the nicest individual he has encountered thus far. The dusty recesses of his mind seemed to come up with the assumption that she was artistic and that she experimented a lot with her hair."You have a creative mind don't you?" He absently questioned, immediately noticing how his once tenacious orifices were now loose and spilling words better left unsaid."I'm sorry, its just your hair, its so... expressive and lively," he proclaimed.

message 11: by Liv (new)

Liv (osf1998) ((haha totally understandable. He'll be accepted at the Italian Restaurant though, so don't worry about it too much. It's just nice so I can see who works where and limit more people from working there, so it gets evened out.))

Chameleon let loose an easy, happy giggle that tinkled like the ringing of a bell. "I like to think so, for sure! Thank you. I do like to experiment with the color of my hair and sometimes wearing colored contacts. It reflects upon my demeanor, I guess. Without color, I don't think I could stand this world." she looked down, embarrassed. "That sounded awkward, didn't it? What I mean to say is that color has really played a big role in my life, and it means alot to me. I use the most vibrant shades when painting, and you can see how it appears in my personal style. I'm...not really sure why I'm telling you this," her face tinged red with embarrassment.

message 12: by Liv (new)

Liv (osf1998) ((I had to go back and change one of my earlier comments, since Chamel's now working two jobs...XD))

Psᴇᴜᴅᴏʟᴏɢᴏs [ ɢᴏɴᴇ ] (MuchLikeFalling) ((Alright, I noticed that in the Job Placements topic as well.))

Spade evidently enjoyed the ring of her laughter. It reminded him of a melody of icicles trickling about unrelenting pines and sopranos laughing about a desolate season. Never had he met someone with a laugh so beautiful and a passion so unique in a good way; she was most definitely an interesting specimen. He just liked to hear her laugh, giggle, and talk. So as she proclaimed her confession of dying her hair in numerous vibrant colors based on emotion, his smile grew into a grin. However as those icy eyes glanced down in embarrassment he snapped out of his silly love reverie, shaking his head once she finished her second set of words."No, I love the way you express yourself in such a way! My, you've made your body a canvas! It's so interesting, unique, different and just fantastic all at once!" He looked absolutely ecstatic about this piece of news. He turned and put his violin back in his case before turning back to her, the case tightly in hand."And you paint, too? You have got to show me one day," he insisted."If only I was an artist; I would definitely paint someone as interesting and as beautiful as you," he proclaimed with the slightest chuckle. It wasn't necessarily a way of flirting as he was being completely serious.

message 14: by Liv (new)

Liv (osf1998) Chameleon's heart beat like a caged bird against her breast, dying to be set free by this eloquent young man with violinist's fingers and a sweet way with words. "T-thank you," she told him, stammering under the weight of his complement. She'd never felt so pleased. "But, you are an artist--whether or not you're playing about me in specific, your music sings a thousand unspoken words, rather than painting them. I could never have such skill with an instrument...it's just not in my nature. But..." she smiled coyly. "I could teach you how to paint sometime..."

Psᴇᴜᴅᴏʟᴏɢᴏs [ ɢᴏɴᴇ ] (MuchLikeFalling) Spade, seeing the outcome and reaction of his words took heed to how flirtatious it really had sounded and thought of apologising for something so uncalled for; what did he have to apologise for? His words had been sincere and she actually seemed rather satisfied by his soliloquy. Being called an artist he immediately attempted to protest against something so absurd and preposterous."Oh, please no --" he intervened, the slightest hue of crimson on his once alabaster cheeks; she was right, he was an artist in a way but not in the way she was. They were in the same spectrum albeit they were just in different areas, and both of them were rather talented in it."Oh?" He questioned, looking surprised to be invited to a little personal lesson from his truly."Considering you have two jobs... whenever you have the free time; I would love to learn," he proclaimed, giving a timid smile of thou own.

message 16: by Liv (new)

Liv (osf1998) Chameleon grinned widely, and stretched out her hand for a mock handshake. "It's a deal then, Spade. I get off tomorrow at 5PM. Meet me at my place," she said, giving him the directions. Her heart fluttered as she pretended to tip an imaginary tophat in his direction and strut off, feeling entirely pleased with herself.