Science Fiction Aficionados discussion

Science Fiction/Fantasy Book Club

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paul (new)

Paul Hollis | 30 comments Does anyone knowif the books from the Science Fiction/Fantasy Book Club are the same size as from the publisher or are they smaller sized hardbacks?

message 2: by Scott (new)

Scott Textual books (novels, collections) are usually smaller. Art books may be the same size as the mass market edition.

message 3: by Paul (new)

Paul Hollis | 30 comments ah ok thanks for the info!

message 4: by Candiss (new)

Candiss (tantara) Paul, the novels I've gotten from them have all been small. I have small hands (and full bookshelves!) so I really like the compact hardbacks.

The copy of The Steampunk Bible: An Illustrated Guide to the World of Imaginary Airships, Corsets and Goggles, Mad Scientists, and Strange Literature I bought from them is full-size, which goes along with what Scott said about art books.

message 5: by Paul (new)

Paul Hollis | 30 comments Candiss wrote: "Paul, the novels I've gotten from them have all been small. I have small hands (and full bookshelves!) so I really like the compact hardbacks.

The copy of The Steampunk Bible: An Illustrated Guid..."

Thanks, i have small hands too and those are easier to handle. i think i am going to sign up then.

message 6: by Maggie, space cruisin' for a bruisin' (new)

Maggie K | 1280 comments Mod
they do have pretty good deals. just dont try to match up the holes in series you already have!

message 7: by Kevin (last edited Jun 05, 2012 09:31AM) (new)

Kevin Xu (kxu65) | 490 comments The books from SFBC are smaller and cheaper, but they do have nice exclusive omnibus copies of certain series.

message 8: by Traci (new)

Traci I usually use them for the reason Kevin said, to buy omnibus copies. Also they have hard covers of books only sold as paperbacks in the stores.

message 9: by Scott (new)

Scott I'll buy them if they have better cover art, but otherwise I try to get the mass market editions.