Read by Theme discussion

The Capture (Guardians of Ga'Hoole, #1)
This topic is about The Capture
Book Discussions > The Capture by Kathryn Lasky

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amara, Group Creator (new) - rated it 2 stars

Amara Tanith (aftanith) | 733 comments I've chosen this as my book for the Birds on Covers theme. I've had the book sitting around in my room for a while (picked up half the series--super cheap--at one of the local libraries), but didn't expect to read it so soon.

(I actually planned to read The Hunger Games for this theme, but the library's waiting list for that book is ridiculous, even though they have twenty or so copies.)

message 2: by Cindy (new)

Cindy | 13 comments I've read this series and I really enjoyed it.

message 3: by Amara, Group Creator (new) - rated it 2 stars

Amara Tanith (aftanith) | 733 comments Good to hear! Since we're getting so close to the end of the month, I really do need to try to find what pile this poor book has gotten buried under. (Half my room was painted about a week ago, and everything got switched around. I have no idea where anything is anymore!)

I'll probably be writing a review of this one once I finish it.

message 4: by Amara, Group Creator (last edited Jun 26, 2012 06:11PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Amara Tanith (aftanith) | 733 comments Well, I finally managed to find my copy of this a few minutes ago. I only managed to get about three pages in before I found something that struck me as absolutely ludicrous: apparently blind snakes choose to be servants to owls, "whom they consider to be the noblest of birds". I don't even...

Definitely hoping the actual plot is enough to make up for the ridiculousness the author's already dropped on me.

(ETA: Note that there really is a relationship between Screech owls and snakes. But these are Barn owls, and the justification [Owls are special!] is... laughtastic. After all, real owls kidnap the snakes; the snakes don't show up out of their love for birds.)

message 5: by Amara, Group Creator (last edited Jul 09, 2012 05:33PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Amara Tanith (aftanith) | 733 comments Just finished it; I'll put a review up soon at some point or other, lol. :)