The Next Best Book Club discussion

Revive a Dead Thread > Help Your favorite Moderator out Guys!

Comments Showing 1-49 of 49 (49 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (TNBBC) | 9634 comments Mod
http://comedians.comedycentral.com/st...

I just saw this on Myspace, and voted for my man Jeff Dunham! I love him and his whacky puppets.

Would you please please pretty please click on this link and vote for Jeff Dunham for me? He is currently in 5th place..... I know we can boost that up if we all hop over there and show the man some love!

If you have never seen his show, you dont know what you are missing!

Silence! I Keeeel You!
-Achmed the dead terrorist

message 2: by Fiona (last edited Jan 05, 2009 04:39PM) (new)

Fiona (bookcoop) Who is he and what is he?! Err... puppets? *clicks on link with suspicion*

I voted, even though I don't know who he is. I hope he isn't going to become world leader or something. :/

message 3: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

He is a comedian.
You have never seen "Arguing with myself" or "Spark of insanity"???

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=neTsQng...

You have to watch it! Its too funny!

And thanks for voting!!!

message 4: by Fiona (new)

Fiona (bookcoop) LMAO! I love that skel's eye brows.

message 5: by Sara (new)

Sara (thecrazygal) | 649 comments I don't know who he is either but you ARE our moderator, plus I'm sure the guy isn't going to become a world leader or anything ...

message 6: by Sara (new)

Sara (thecrazygal) | 649 comments Done.

message 7: by Fiona (new)

Fiona (bookcoop) Lol, I wouldn't mind if he did. He'd be a lot more fun.

Poor old Brown was told to look less grumpy. I think he's been trying to smile lately and it's scary.

message 8: by Apokripos (last edited Jan 05, 2009 05:15PM) (new)

Apokripos (apokalypse) Hey Lori I've watched some of his shows on Youtube and yeah right Achmed The Dead Terrorist rocks! I found him more funny than Peanut though Peanut is always the star of the show. Dunham must give Achmed the limelight now. Yes! I've voted for him, too. Funny man, that Dunham.

"Silence! I keeelll you!!"--it has been a byword here in our workplace. ^_^

message 9: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Thanks for the voting guys!
Like I said, I dont care what he wins, so long as he wins... I took the kids to see him live in December, and he kicks ass!!! Achmed is my favorite, then comes Walter, then Peanut... Peanut is a bit tooooo hyper for me tastes :)

message 10: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Oh Jeff-fa-fa oh Jeff-fa-fa, Without me your show would Suck-ka-ka

message 11: by Vicki (new)

Vicki I voted, I have a DVD of him.. pretty funny.

message 12: by Tonya (new)

Tonya (nyab2000) | 49 comments I love Jeff Dunham so I voted without hesitation. :) Lori, my ranking is the same as yours. :) Achmed is definitely my favorite. The Christmas special was hilarious!

message 13: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Ha ha... I know. i was so glad that was the one we got to see live....

I checked out the status this morning, and he is still in 5th place. I hate Rich Vos, we gotta get him at least into 2nd place....

Cmon guys.... show the man some love!

message 14: by Emma (new)

Emma  Blue (litlover) | 2396 comments Done! :D

message 15: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (sbranson05) | 556 comments Voted! :)

message 16: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Thanks for spreading the love!

message 17: by dara (new)

dara Sorry... I voted for Zach Galifianakis. He is one of my boyfriends.

message 18: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

thats soooo not cool!

message 19: by dara (new)

dara C'mon... have you seen his beard? Or tried to spell his last name? He's hilarious.

message 20: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Yeah, its working!! He is #3!!!!

I dont think I mentioned before that you can vote once a day till the poll closes...
Keep sending Jeff-fa-fa your love-va-va!!

message 21: by Jill (new)

Jill (wanderingrogue) | 329 comments *cough* I'm sorry, Lori. You're a fantastic moderator and person, but I'm afraid I had to vote for Mitch Hedberg. I was devastated when he passed away a few years back. We lost him way too soon, right when he was on the verge of getting huge. :(

message 22: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Ooooh. Ouch. I think its just a fleshwound. I will survive. He he he

message 23: by Nikki (new)

Nikki Boisture | 121 comments Sorry, Lori. I had to go with Stephen Lynch. I've had his "Mixer at Delta Chi" running through my head for days now....

message 24: by Nikki (new)

Nikki Boisture | 121 comments Oy. Frank Caliendo and Dane Cook both in the top 20??? LAME! What kind of people are voting on this anyway?

Oh yeah....me!

message 25: by Robin (new)

Robin (RobinSullivan) | 1002 comments Done!

message 26: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

I love this.... well, at least people are voting... ha!

message 27: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Oh god, Tammy Pescatelli and Dane Cook are ahead of my man Jeff-fa-fa.... Nooooooo... He dropped to 6th place. What the what???

message 28: by Fiona (new)

Fiona (bookcoop) Voted again Lori. :P

message 29: by Emma (new)

Emma  Blue (litlover) | 2396 comments Voted again!

message 30: by dara (new)

dara Mitch Hedberg is also very vote-worthy.

(Ugh, I hate Dane Cook. Another thing Zach Galifianakis and I have in common: hatred for Dane Cook.)

message 31: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Phew, he is back in 3rd. Either there was a huge hiccup in the voting status or he just got a bump in votes over the last few hours!

Yeah.
Thanks for the support. This is fun, trying to skew the votes :)

message 32: by Jeane (new)

Jeane | 4891 comments The politician with the bookshop called TNBBC. You will call your political party also TNBBC Lori?
:-)))))))

message 33: by Fiona (new)

Fiona (bookcoop) She'd have to call it TNBBP - The Next Best Book Party.

message 34: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Ha!
I like it!

message 35: by Kandice (new)

Kandice Lori-Just wanted to say that in addition to following your link and clicking, my husband and I are taking our sons to see Dunham at the Cox arena on January 16th. It was a Christmas present and they are so excited they can't stand it!

message 36: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Oh wow! I took my kids in the begining of December. It is soooo great to see him live! You will have to tell me all about it when you get back!

Guitar guy is his opening act, and he is HILARIOUS!

message 37: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

WaHooooo..... he is #1!!! He is #1!!!!

message 38: by Kandice (new)

Kandice I have to admit (sheepishly) the dead terrorist is my favorite. I don't know hwo to spell his name. Maybe Aaachgmed. Maybe not!

message 39: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Its Achmed. Acchhhh Accchhhh Achhhh... hee hee hee... I love that guy!

"Evening.....Infidels....."

message 40: by Jen (new)

Jen (NekoKitty) | 110 comments I voted for ya Lori! :)

message 41: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Mwah... thank you Jenni!

message 42: by Marc (new)

Marc (AuthorGuy) What is it with Jeff Dunham-mania? I know I first saw him on Comedy Central, but everywhere I go, if I mention his name everyone knows him. I've seen Silence-I kill you on at least one sig line. Also love Achmed. Of the three specials I've seen, the Christmas show was the worst, Spark of Insanity seems to be the best, although I've only seen the you-tube cuts.

message 43: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

I think it was the creation of Achmed that launched him into the forefront.... Peanut was his saving grace, people even bring Peanut dolls to the shows!

The show I took my kids to see, he did a skit with Bubba, the red neck doll, the entire audiance would say Bubbas lines with him, so at one point, Jeff made Bubba look at him and say "This is weird, its like they are in my head!", and then let the audiance finish his skit for him! Its amazing.... hes like a cult-comic!

message 44: by Kandice (new)

Kandice It was a great show!!! I have to admit, I wasn't super excited to see it, just very pleased my boys were, but at the end of the evening, I LOVED it!!! Achmed is my favorite. Walter, of course, is a hoot. I am not really all that fond of the Peanut character. That guitar guy is great!!!! I was super nervous and worried when that first song was about sucking a guys best friends "salted nuts", worried the responisble thing to do would be... leave! But, then I just went with it. The boys got t-shirts and buttons and it was all in all a really great experience. Made me realize they are getting older, and I can't shelter them so much. (boo hoo) They got all the jokes, but knew better than to rehash the risque ones in the car on the way home. When did they grow up?

message 45: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Yeah, I am glad you enjoyed it! I thought the same thing... a little "mature" for the kids, but they had a blast and its something we will all remember for a long long time!

message 46: by Emma (new)

Emma  Blue (litlover) | 2396 comments Oh it's the Achmed guy! I wasn't entirely sure who he was, but now that I know...

*votes again*

message 47: by Kandice (new)

Kandice Quiet! I keel you!

message 48: by Fiona (new)

Fiona (bookcoop) I love that!

message 49: by Kandice (new)

Kandice Unfortunately I can't make my eyes pop out, so something is lost!