The Selection (The Selection, #1)
This topic is about The Selection
Quotes > The Selection Quotes

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 2 stars

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5211 comments Mod
Any favorite quotes?

Rachel Antzak ooh um, it's been to long since I read the book. I'll have to give it another look.

Nikki Hoehne (nikkirajaramlol) | 685 comments "Are you alright my dear?" he asked me. "I am not your dear."

Kiya | 25 comments "No. I'm not choosing him OR you. I'm choosing ME." ~America Singer

message 5: by Ana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ana | 11 comments "Break my heart, break it a thousand times if you like. It was only ever yours to break anyway."

Emilia (doctorherondale) | 419 comments Tugging my ear whenever. (pretty sure that is how it goes)

Crystal ana omg my heart jus remebering that scene

message 8: by Ana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ana | 11 comments Crystal wrote: "ana omg my heart jus remebering that scene"
Then should I remind you of the love letters that Maxon writes?

Emilia (doctorherondale) | 419 comments Those were so beautiful!!! Almost died when I read them

Crystal I was sobbing while reading those letters literallyy my eyes were so bleary with tears I couldnt

message 11: by Ana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ana | 11 comments What about "If you live," I whisper, "I'll let you call me your dear. I won't complain, I promise."

Molly W | 212 comments “You’ve changed me forever. And I’ll never forget you.”
I ran my free hand down his chest, straightening his coat.
“Don’t tug your ear with anyone else. That’s
mine.” I gave him a tight smile.
“A lot of things are yours, America.”

Mariam | 32 comments I'm not sure how it goes but it's something like
"This is not a happily ever after but so much more"
One of my favorites is
" break my heart, break a thousand times if you like it was only yours to break anyways". That one truly brought tears to my eye.

Ertica*~She'sABookBirdy~*Castley (ertica) | 353 comments Favourites quote.

“I hope you find someone you can't live without.I really do. And I hope you never have to know what it's like to have to try and live without them.” 

“Oh, yes. She’s still here,” Maxon said, not letting his eyes wander from Gavril’s face. “And I plan on keeping her here for quite a while.”

The most favourites quote will forever be kept in my hearts.

“True love is usually the most inconvenient kind.” 

“Your Majesty—Tugging my ear. Whenever.” 

“Sometimes I feel like we're a knot, too tangled to be taken apart.” 

“You’ve changed me forever. And I’ll never forget you.” 

" break my heart, break a thousand times if you like it was only yours to break anyways"

"If you live," I whisper, "I'll let you call me your dear. I won't complain, I promise." 

But mostly i just love all the quotes!! They will be forever in my hearts. Then i will passed them to my grandchild and they will passed it to their next genereation.

Emily Katz "Break my heart. Break it a thousand times if you like. It was only ever yours to break anyway" kills me every time I read it

Shruti | 10 comments Emily wrote: ""Break my heart. Break it a thousand times if you like. It was only ever yours to break anyway" kills me every time I read it"

I agree
I like this one too

Shruti | 10 comments “It's always the fear of looking stupid that stops you from being awesome.”

Chloe | 226 comments Crystal wrote: "I was sobbing while reading those letters literallyy my eyes were so bleary with tears I couldnt"

ahhhhhh this part broke my heart

Janett (sweetwaterspice) | 6029 comments Chloe wrote: "Crystal wrote: "I was sobbing while reading those letters literallyy my eyes were so bleary with tears I couldnt"

ahhhhhh this part broke my heart"

Maxon's letters are my favorite chapter of the ENTIRE series!!!!

Bshayer Alkuwari (bshayeralkuwari) | 117 comments "The sky is blue, the sun is bright, and Aspen endlessly loves America. its how the world was designed to be."

Milena Peeters (milenapeeters) “You get confused by crying women, I get confused by walks with princes.”

“I should have known that if any girl was going to disobey an order, it would be you.”

“I guessed princesses-in-training didn’t wear pants.”

“I hope you find someone you can't live without.I really do. And I hope you never have to know what it's like to have to try and live without them.”

“The best people all have some kind of scar.”

“America, my love, you are sunlight falling through trees. You are laughter that breaks through sadness. You are the breeze on a too-war day. You are clarity in the midst of confusion.

You are not the world, but you are everything that makes the world good. Without you, my life would still exist, but that's all it would manage to do.

You said that to get things right one of us would have to take a leap of faith. I think I've discovered the canyon that must be leaped, and I hope to find you waiting for me on the other side.

I love you, America.

Yours forever,
Maxon”

The last one is just so beautiful!

message 22: by noor (new) - added it

noor  | 1 comments Any other favorite quotes?

Bláthnaid | 23 comments There we were, two little spots of light growing together, inseparable.” -The One