Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Fighting Faith
This topic is about Fighting Faith
Book Issues > Help! Combined a book, but the wrong one shows up

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brandie (new)

Brandie Buckwine (brandiebuckwine) | 4 comments I combined two editions of my book, thinking I would have the option of which cover to show, but didn't, and of course it's the wrong one.

I need this URL to be the one listed: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13... (or at least the cover from this url)

Thanks for any help with this. :)

message 2: by lafon حمزة (new)

lafon حمزة نوفل (lafon) | 3557 comments We librarians have no control over this. The edition that shows up is the most shelved edition. As more people add the book with the new cover it will become the primary edition shown.

message 3: by Brandie (new)

Brandie Buckwine (brandiebuckwine) | 4 comments Thank you, Lafon. Will the other edition even show up, now that I've combined them?

message 4: by Amara (last edited Jun 01, 2012 01:06PM) (new)

Amara Tanith (aftanith) All of a book's editions can be viewed on the Editions page. And as lafon حمزة said, once the edition with the new cover becomes the most shelved edition, it will be the one that shows up in the search and on your author page. (This can't be manually changed.)

I also see that ISBN 001150529X of Fighting Faith doesn't currently have a cover attached. That ISBN was originally published with this cover, yes?

message 5: by Brandie (new)

Brandie Buckwine (brandiebuckwine) | 4 comments Amara wrote: "All of a book's editions can be viewed on the Editions page; each user gets to choose which edition they'll shelve. And as lafon حمزة said, once the edition with the new cover becomes the most shel..."

Thank you, Amara. Yes, that was the original cover. I'm not sure how the third, coverless edition got there.

message 6: by Amara (new)

Amara Tanith (aftanith) The coverless edition was imported from Barnes and Noble, it looks like. I've added the original cover to it; there are a few places where it might still appear coverless, but that's just a caching issue and should be taken care of within a day or so. :)

message 7: by Brandie (new)

Brandie Buckwine (brandiebuckwine) | 4 comments Amara wrote: "The coverless edition was imported from Barnes and Noble, it looks like. I've added the original cover to it; there are a few places where it might still appear coverless, but that's just a caching..."

Thank you, Amara. :)