Q&A with John Scott discussion

The Legend of Adam Caine (Adam Caine #1)
This topic is about The Legend of Adam Caine
Introduce Yourself!

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

John Scott (shaven_wookiee) | 9 comments Mod
"Sign your name, make your mark, take your standard issue uniform..." Let me know who you are, what you like reading, and if you've read my stuff (not just Legend)...

message 2: by David (new)

David Logan (davidlogan) I'm David Logan, co-winner of the 2011 Terry Pratchett Prize for Half Sick of Shadows (now in the shops - with readers responding, I don't understand it, and, it made me uncomfortable, and the Sunday Express review giving it 4 out of 5). Sorry to say I haven't read your stuff - yet. I'm a slow reader. Okay. Okay. That's no excuse, but I'm just back from holiday in Italy and I'm sleepy. Okay. Okay. That's no excuse either, but I drank too much wine and ate too much pasta.

Lol, I think that's what most people do on holiday in italy, isn't it? Welcome David. That's okay if you haven't read my stuff yet. Congrats on the award (even if I'm a year late)!

message 4: by Aviva (new)

Aviva (newtimelord) | 3 comments I'm Aviva. I'm an avid reader and writer (currently writing a 50000 word novel in a month...again). I read everything, basically. Science fiction and fantasy are my favorite genres, but I also like various kinds *cough all kinds* of fiction, nonfiction if it's interesting, and autobiographies that are written well. I haven't read your books yet, though I'm hoping to soon. I would say this summer, but it seems unlikely as I have multiple piles of books in my room waiting to be read. Hello!

Hi Aviva! I assume you're doing Camp Nano? I wish I'd done it, lol. But will doing Nano in november. Might do Camp next year as I have a few smaller novels to get finished before I attempt my big series. What's your novel about?

message 6: by Aviva (new)

Aviva (newtimelord) | 3 comments I didn't finish this month, for some reason summer is more busy than November? I do not understand this madness. But apparently it's true. I'm going to try to finish the novel at my own pace, though. It's about...uh...I don't know why - I mean, aren't books written to be read? - but for some reason I don't like explaining what I'm writing... I don't understand myself.

Lol, don't worry about it. Sometimes I'm not sure what I'm writing until it's finished!! Am definitely going to try Camp Nano next year, just hope I'll be alright! Looking forward to November?

message 8: by Aviva (new)

Aviva (newtimelord) | 3 comments Half yes, half no. I don't know if I'll have enough time to write enough each day, and at the moment I'm feeling that my writing skills are quite lacking. I'll try to plan out a novel before then, and hope for the best, I suppose. And by hope for the best, I mean work my butt off.

Lol, yeah I know that feeling. But you never know what you can turn out. I never thought I'd be able to do it, but my novel's published now, and I'm doing it again this year, lol. I'm probably quite mad, but I just go with it.

message 10: by Brian (new)

Brian | 1 comments Brian here. I was once an avid reader of all things sci-fi/fantasy. In recent years, though, my job in the army has kind of swallowed up what free time I had and left me with this incessant need to play bejeweled blitz on facebook. This does tend to get in the way of the novel I'm trying to write, but we all have our vices.

This is the first time I've heard of Camp Nano. I've tried to pull off a novel in November a couple of times now, but both attempts petered out at around 10k words. Thanksgiving preparations always seem to get in the way.

Now that I know it's out, I look forward to reading your book.

message 11: by John (new) - rated it 5 stars

I'm not actually sure how Camp Nano works to be honest, but I'm still going to attempt a novel during it! Or maybe finish off another novel that I'm going to start... eventually.

Thank god we don't have thanksgiving over here, or I'd never get november done! I'm just as bad at christmas!

Lol, yes, I have a bit of a problem with procrastination... too many interesting things on facebook to read. And I can get lost in Wikipedia for hours if I'm not careful.