Women Who Love Books Too Much discussion

Reading our Bookclub Books

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alice (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:05PM) (new)

Alice Gold (alicewgold) Hey Cathy!

Thanks for the invite. How long do you plan to keep these books on our to read list. I am going to try and go to the library to get them.

Thanks for starting the group. I'm excited to start reading things that I wouldn't even know to find on my own!

message 2: by Cathy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:06PM) (new)

Cathy | 48 comments Mod
OH! Wow. I just put them there because I was reading them. You don't have to. What's there anyway, besides Wee Free Men, which is kick and funny. But also very creative. BUt not a typical chickie read, but I have never been very crazy about the stereotypical chickie reads like Nicholas ummmm whatever his name is that wrote those weepy books. Wee Free Men is just different, Terry Pratchett is likely insane.
Christopher Moore is also insane, I recommend him to everyone I have ever met. Even people who I have not met.

message 3: by Ashley (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:06PM) (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) Do you allow GLBT Books to be added Cathy? If so, I have a few great GLBT books in mind that I would like to add.

message 4: by Barbara (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:06PM) (new)

Barbara | 1 comments Thanks Cathy. Count me in. I wont be able to keep up, but reading you will make me want to.

message 5: by Cathy (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:07PM) (new)

Cathy | 48 comments Mod
Hi Ashley, of COURSE whatever books you love, are reading, or want to recommend are fine. GLBT books are just fine. As one who is avid about protesting book banning, I would never hope that a public forum discussing books would be a place to ban certain genres of books.
A quick look at the profiles of our members shows a wide diversity of book intersts. Some are gay/lesbian, some are religious, some are humorous, some are non-fiction, etc. etc. They are all GREAT to me.
I hope that all of us feel free to express our views. It's ok to disagree; that's human nature. But we can disagree in a non-insulting way, yes?
(By the way, Ashley, I don't disagree with your books, just to let you know.)

message 6: by Ashley (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:15PM) (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) I added Rainbow Boys, Raibow High, and Rainbow Road. This is a trilogy by Alex Sanchez. Its about three boys, Jason, Kyle, and Nelson, basically growing up gay.

message 7: by Ashley (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:16PM) (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) I also added "The Death and Life of Charlie St. Cloud" . This is a wonderful book and has an awesome twist to it. I definitely recommend this book to anyone.