Vaginal Fantasy Book Club discussion

2012 Archives > Jun 2012: What would you choose as your marque?

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by AnnaBanana (new)

AnnaBanana Pascone (snapdragnful) | 89 comments Phedre's marque is a briar rose, and Alcuin's is a birch tree. Each House has its own marque. What would you choose as your own in service to Namaah?

message 2: by AnnaBanana (new)

AnnaBanana Pascone (snapdragnful) | 89 comments I know it isn't the most original idea, but I have always wanted a dragon tattoo. Preferably clinging to my back with a flower in its mouth or something. Or something more like Alcuin's, something more intricate than Phedre's. (At least as shown on the cover of the books)

message 3: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 89 comments I would want a snake, with it's tail curled around my belly button and it's head moving downwards, and with an apple in it's mouth.

message 4: by Kristen (new)

Kristen (aubi) | 13 comments Mine would most certainlybe some frilly flowery girly thing:)

message 5: by Ada (new)

Ada Graves (aideendewinter) | 8 comments Mine would be stylized, like in the book. But the underlying form would an angel, wings spread across the shoulder blades, head at the crook of my neck, feet at the base of my spine, arms crossed.

message 6: by Nicole (new)

Nicole I would want mine to be of a tiger. I love the feline and the power inside of it. Stylized of course, but having one crawling up my back would be awesome, in my opinion.

message 7: by NJ Mix (new)

NJ Mix | 12 comments I have a tattoo on my right calf that would be what I'd want for a back "marque." It is a rose and a lily with their stems intertwined. But having had back surgery at a young age and knowing how painful that part of the body is, I think I'll just stick to my extremities. :D

message 8: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (chloemelissa) | 57 comments Awesome question :)

Pics prolly NSFW-
I would either do something like this... http://media-cache5.pinterest.com/upl... -- I have Ankylosing Spondylitis (Spinal Arthritis, my back is fusing together basically) so I always liked the idea of a spine-oriented tattoo.

Otherwise I really liked this Peacock lol... http://media-cache2.pinterest.com/upl...

message 9: by Sophia (new)

Sophia | 13 comments Recently I've been pondering getting a shoulder tattoo of a wolf holding an aspen branch leaping over a Celtic shield knot.

For a marque I would probably keep all of those elements, but expand them to create a full-back design. Perhaps an aspen grove growing to form a wolf head with the roots entwining to create a shield knot.

message 10: by AnnaBanana (new)

AnnaBanana Pascone (snapdragnful) | 89 comments Chloe wrote: "Awesome question :)

Pics prolly NSFW-
I would either do something like this... http://media-cache5.pinterest.com/upl... -- I have Ankylosing Spondylitis (Spinal ..."

These are both AMAZING tattoos. Awesome ideas! I might have to revise my answer lol

message 11: by Chloe (new)

Chloe (chloemelissa) | 57 comments I don't have any tattoos but I've thought about it a lot lol. If I ever get one it has to A) have some meaning to me and B) be something that I will be OK with having on my body when I'm 50. (So no barbedwire armbands/dolphin trampstamps for me!) I think tattoos can either be absolutely beautiful expressions of art or can be stupid and trashy - like the chick who got a grilled cheese sandwich tatted on her boob. WTF would you do that??

message 12: by AnnaBanana (new)

AnnaBanana Pascone (snapdragnful) | 89 comments Chloe wrote: "I don't have any tattoos but I've thought about it a lot lol. If I ever get one it has to A) have some meaning to me and B) be something that I will be OK with having on my body when I'm 50. (So no..."

ROFL I am so glad I don't know that chick. Although I am a big fan of grilled cheese...but how does it not just look like a cheese sandwich? I would have to have a tattoo that you had to explain all the time. I just have a small green poison dart frog on the side of my leg just under my knee.

message 13: by Felicia, Grand Duchess (new)

Felicia (feliciaday) | 740 comments Mod
I would do really color blocked dahliahs I love their petals and how variegated they can be, Yellows and oranges and pinks

message 14: by Megan (new)

Megan (megsimadic) | 23 comments Well I'm getting the Deathly Hallows symbol on the base of my neck (big Harry Potter fan) so that's what mine would be with a dragon guarding it as it is the year I was born in.

message 15: by Seawood (new)

Seawood I will almost certainly never get one in real life, but I'm playing a fighter character in 13th Age at the moment (she looks rather like Brienne of Tarth from Game of Thrones only with short spiky hair, a silly sense of humour and oh, her side job is brothel-owner ;-). My DM asked us all to come up with a magical object as part of our last level-up, and with this thread in mind I "found" some magical tattoo ink. So she now has a spine-length black tat which is a bit like traditional mendhi henna painting. I'm still working on the design but it gives me +4 to AC for the first round of combat. Neat, huh? :)

(with apologies to non-gamers, lol)

message 16: by Chad (new)

Chad | 8 comments mine would be a Baku http://www.matthewmeyer.net/wordpress...

because they eat dreams and id like to think of my service to Namaah as a dream, that i wake from. With full understanding of my own sexuality.

Kind of like the show doll house and finally getting to be you again after being a doll for so long.

message 17: by Missie Kay (new)

Missie Kay (middlekmissie) | 11 comments Although it's not properly placed for a marque (neither is the one on the front of the book, which is also too small), this is my first (and so far, only) tattoo, so I probably would have the same idea. https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...

message 18: by Joie (new)

Joie I have 19 tribal birds of different sizes, they look like doves to me, flying up from one located in tramp stamp area. The tribal style gives them sharp points and angels, but the birds are flying, moving individually and yet as one. Not as big as some or the marques mentioned in the book, but based on the idea for sure.