College Students! discussion

Past Discussions of Group Reads > The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tami (new)

Tami | 3103 comments Mod
We are going to have one thread for each book as now Goodreads has made a spoiler tag that you can use to put before anything that is a spoiler. Use your discretion as to what would be a pretty big spoiler and label it. Please put up to what page the spoiler is for.

To create the tag simply do this:

< spoiler> Blah blah blah spoilery stuff < /spoiler>

*Take out the spaces in both of the spoiler tag.

It will look like this:

(view spoiler)

Discuss away...

message 2: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 604 comments I'm about halfway through and I like it alright, but I was a bit disappointed to see that there weren't many fairy tale-like elements to it. At least, there weren't after part one. (view spoiler)

But, like I said, I'm only halfway through. There might be more added to the mystery or something further on. IDK.

message 3: by Ethan (new)

Ethan I felt the book continued to get more engaging as the story progressed. Despite the early revelation, I think you will be pleased with what Ivey does with her premise.

message 4: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 61 comments I think the second section of this book was the part that really grabbed my interest. I've enjoyed the book and I agree with Ethan, the early revelation didn't hamper my reading experience. Actually, despite the reveal I was still unsure about a lot of things. What really drew me to the story though was the character development and the way the author handles both grief and love. It was gripping.