Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > Merrilee's May

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Merrilee in AZ (new)

Merrilee in AZ | 1114 comments I read several good ones this month. I had surgery last week and thought I would get a lot of reading done as I was just sitting around but, I managed to get the flu several days after surgery, so not much reading.

11/22/1963 Stephen King
Lullaby Ace Atkins - Ace did a pretty good job with the characters.
Deadlocked Charlaine Harris - always a fun read
Beauty Laurall K Hamilton - I can't believe I actually spent money for a sex scene lol
Fifty Shades Of Grey # 1 E. L. James
Fifty Shades Darker # 2 E. L. James
Fifty Shades Freed # 3 E. L. James
Stolen Prey John Sandford - this was a good one
Sparks Fly Katie MacAlister

message 2: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3599 comments I thought Ace Atkins did a great job! I think Parker would have been happy with it, too. I'm enjoying DEADLOCKED. It's my reward for getting through the month of May!

message 3: by Marcy (new)

Marcy | 865 comments Hope you are feeling better, Merrilee. More and more I'm thinking I have to read the Fifty Shades of Grey series. Did you enjoy it?

message 4: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3590 comments hope you are feeling better, merrilee- and that the surgery was a minor thing.
and marcy, yes, you should read 50. just to see what all the hype is about. my sister powered through them in a weekend.

message 5: by Merrilee in AZ (new)

Merrilee in AZ | 1114 comments Marcy, yes read 50

message 6: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3599 comments Marcy wrote: "Hope you are feeling better, Merrilee. More and more I'm thinking I have to read the Fifty Shades of Grey series. Did you enjoy it?"

I think you should probably read them. I didn't like the first one as much as I thought I would, but I had read so much hype I don't think anything would have lived up to my expectations. I have the 2nd one nearing the top of The Pile.

message 7: by Merrilee in AZ (new)

Merrilee in AZ | 1114 comments Each book is better than last one

message 8: by LizH (new)

LizH (liz_h) | 955 comments Yes you need to read Fifty!! :)

message 9: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7808 comments Flu after surgery, yikes! That must have been scary, Merrilee. Hope you're well on the way to recovery.

Yeah, I always think I'm going to read a dozen books while recovering from surgery but with the painkillers and the much needed sleep to aid in recovery, it never happens.

Good job anyway, you had a couple I'd consider top notch in 11/22/63 and Stolen Prey.

message 10: by Dan in AZ (new)

Dan in AZ | 2628 comments Hope you're feeling better, Merrilee, and still a good month considering.

message 11: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo | 3498 comments Merrilee, hope you are feeling better from the flu and surgery. ugh what a combo.
you look like you got a great group of books read. I'm supposed to start the last of the 50 ones this week. I might try and jump start it if I can finish something else first. i have a few of the other books on the nook or ready to go on the nook when I need them.

message 12: by Brakedrum (new)

Brakedrum | 1203 comments Merrilee in AZ wrote: "I read several good ones this month. I had surgery last week and thought I would get a lot of reading done as I was just sitting around but, I managed to get the flu several days after surgery, so..."

Hopw you get well soon, but you did get a lot of reading done.

message 13: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14294 comments Merrilee - feel better soon (hopefully already, I am a week late commenting.)
It was a good month of reading since you visited with Lucas, Sookie, Spencer and had the stellar 11/22/63 too. ;) Good company while you recovered.

Merrilee in AZ wrote: "I read several good ones this month. I had surgery last week and thought I would get a lot of reading done as I was just sitting around but, I managed to get the flu several days after surgery, so..."