Geekquality Reading Group discussion

YA Literature > YA Tropes

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chris (new)

Chris (csku) | 35 comments Mod
Aside from a tendency to follow trends, we can discuss tired and worn tropes YA books tend to encompass here. I'm looking at you, Special Snowflake Syndrome.

message 2: by Chris (new)

I may or may not have started this thread because of the bad taste in my mouth The Selection left. It was like reading Taylor Swift's brain. Sheesh.

The Selection  by Kiera Cass

message 3: by NotoriousGOT (new)

NotoriousGOT | 18 comments Chris wrote: "I may or may not have started this thread because of the bad taste in my mouth The Selection left. It was like reading Taylor Swift's brain. Sheesh.

The Selection  by Kiera Cass"

Not going to lie, I was a little worried about that one. I love a good dystopian, but the premise for this one I just couldn't get behind. Oh well, they can't all be winners.

message 4: by Chris (last edited Jun 01, 2012 09:14AM) (new)

Margot wrote: "Chris wrote: "I may or may not have started this thread because of the bad taste in my mouth The Selection left. It was like reading Taylor Swift's brain. Sheesh.

The Selection  by Kiera Cass"

Not ..."

It had a lot of promise and it could have been good - if they didn't say it was dystopian. If they had said this was an "AU" (alternate universe) or just stuck to the reality-show/fairytale elements it could have passed muster.

I think you should still read it, because its entertaining in the way the Bachelor is. They got that part right. ;)

message 5: by NotoriousGOT (new)

NotoriousGOT | 18 comments I actually hate The Bachelor so I probs won't enjoy this one. Oh well, on to the next in my TBR stack!

message 6: by Chris (new)

Oh god.

I just hate love triangles so much.

message 7: by Chris (new)

Oh my god, The Selectionis going to be a CW show. WHY?