Indebted (The Premonition, #3) Indebted discussion

How much Brennus?

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by William (new)

William Setzer *** obligatory spoiler alert ***

I've just finished books one and two of this series, and with one glaring exception they've mostly hooked me into the characters and world. That one exception is Brennus. I hate the guy with an unreasonable passion. I don't know that I can explain it, but I really don't want to read anything about him other than his gory, painful death. Unfortunately, the reviews seem to indicate that Evie ends up with him again for an extended period of time (thus the book title) and that he's alive at the end. My question to those that have read the book is: Suppose I get the book and skip any parts involving Brennus. How much of the book would I be missing?

message 2: by ewa (last edited Jun 02, 2012 07:19AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

ewa he's not that bad.. you will found him more interesting in this book.

Stephanie Pangan Hmm.. Honestly, you would only end up reading the beginning and ending of the third book then.

If you literally skipped a lot of the 2nd book due to Brennus, you may want to re-think reading the 3rd book. Maybe borrow it or something first..

message 4: by William (new)

William Setzer Thanks for letting me know. It sounds like there's entirely too much Brennus for my comfort, so I guess I'll wait for the 4th book and hope for the best.

Sydney I hate him and hope he dies soon. I can't take him anymore.

message 6: by Michele (last edited Jun 26, 2012 09:40PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Michele Miller I too could barely read his parts in book 2, but I must say he grew on me in 'Indebted'. Just like Evie you see another side to him and his "fellas" and I love the way Bartol plays with blurring the line of good and evil.

If you love the characters of this series then I think you would be doing yourself a disservice skipping #3. Try it out, if nothing else skip his stuff, the rest of the book is deserving of your read.

message 7: by Cat (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cat I kind of like him. I hate how he's dialoged but his character is a little sweet in a messed up way?

Michelle its sad to say that i kinda fell in love with Brenn in this book??? still want Evie with Reed but i gots a soft spot for Brenn

Crystal Simpson I liked Brennus. I think that he loved Evie as much as he could for what side he was on and would do what ever was neccessary to save her.

Jamie I realize I'm in the minority here...but Brennus rocks!! I so want him to be redeemed. While I like Reed, I like Brenn just as much. If the man had a soul, I would have jumped ship long ago. Actually, there are quite a few drako characters that I like from this series, and if they all end up dead, I'll be more than a lil disappointed. But I think that's a part of the human condition--we want to believe that there is some "good" in everyone...even a blood sucker. Anyway...I HEART Brennus.

Michele Miller William wrote: "*** obligatory spoiler alert ***

I've just finished books one and two of this series, and with one glaring exception they've mostly hooked me into the characters and world. That one exception is ..."

Just curious if you changed your mind by any chance?

Stephanie Pangan Michelle wrote: "its sad to say that i kinda fell in love with Brenn in this book??? still want Evie with Reed but i gots a soft spot for Brenn"

I honestly feel the exact same way. Although I love Evie being with Reed, I can't help but like the idea of her and Brennus together. Russell on the other hand, I'm really getting tired of..

message 13: by William (new)

William Setzer I haven't really changed my mind. To me Brennus is basically just a rapist and I can't find any sympathy for him.

Michele Miller I can see your point. In three he actually does not force her to do anything. He wants her to decide to be with him on her own. I will also say that she spends the majority of her time with his men. I did really enjoy the book and can't wait for the fourth.

Stephanie Pangan William wrote: "Thanks for letting me know. It sounds like there's entirely too much Brennus for my comfort, so I guess I'll wait for the 4th book and hope for the best."

In the 3rd book, you really see a different side to Brennes though. I think that's why my whole idea of him changed. I used to think like you do, but it's interesting how much he and the rest of the 'fellas' get close to Evie. Plus.... *SPOILER~*

...Reed saves Evie from Brennes at the end of the book, so at least it's something to look forward to if you do read it? lol

Kelli I agree with most of the commenters here, Brennus's character is expanded on in the 3rd book and you feel a bit of empathy for his character by the end. In the second book you are meant to hate Brennus I think. He is terrible. In the third book however he changes his character as he begins to love spending time with Evie. Just like Reed was stiff before Evie and then blossoms into a loving caring guy, Brennus begins to warm up too.
I truly recommend reading it one time. Like you I prefer the parts of the book where Evie is seperate from Brennus. After reading the story I chose to skip the parts where she is with Brennus except my favorite parts when I reread the 2nd and 3rd book.
If you are a fan of Reed and Russell there are scenes with them included during Evies time with Brennus that are worth reading as well. And the next book will make much more sense after reading (or skimming) the 3rd book.
I truly hope you give Indebted a shot. Let us know if you end up giving Indebted a shot!

Vicky I only have love for Brennus. He has no soul, you can't expect him to be all warm and fuzzy. When we first meet him in book 2, he is head of his clan and is used to getting what ever he wants,like a spoiled child. But, he really develops in book 3 and him and his fellas have a certain charm that appeals to me. I would atleast give book 3 a shot.

DKristin I agree with those who say that the character of Brennus really transforms in the 3rd book. He becomes a lot more dynamic. I despised him in book 2 but now I do have a slight soft spot for him. I think he is humorous and although he's obviously delusional if he really thinks he will end up with Evie, by the end of the 3rd book there is no denying that he sees her as more than a possession & has real feelings for her. If you're going to skip or skim the 3rd book then I would say that maybe the 2nd book is where you should stop reading the series. I can't see picking up the 4th book having not read or skimmed most of the 3rd book. Especially since the 4th book also has Brennus in it.

message 19: by Mary (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mary I liked him more in the 3rd book because he was really trying to win Evie's love! I am dying to see what he will do in book 4!!

message 20: by Kim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kim Brenn grew on me. I didn't like him in book 2. But he made me like him and the fellas in book 3. I mean you forger that they are killing people, just like evie forgot this too. It made me understand what she was going through. Being shown only half truths. I kinda thought that after she saved his brother that he would let her go.. but I have a feeling he will be back in book 4. There are a few chapters of book 4 at the end of book 3, but I am resisting to read them so I am not left with a cliff hanger. book 3 is rather tied up at the end.

message 21: by Kim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kim Smith I absolutely love Brennus and all of the fellas; I love Reed a gazillion times more but there is something twistedly romantic about a guy that just wont give up. Evie is drawn to him even though she knows he is not good for her. Brennus loves her and would literally move heaven & earth to get her back. Now that is love; stalker obsessive weird dead guy love; but hey no one said it would be normal.
Waiting impatiently for book 4.

message 22: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa I may be one of the few who does not like Brennus. He gets on my nerves. I can not stand him and I do NOT understand how anyone could want Evie with him. Brennus takes her against her wishes and tries to force her to have feelings for him. She did not have feelings for him until he bites her in the second book. That to me is like brainwashing her and forcing her to care about him. I HATE Brennus and I am thinkng about not reading the rest of the series.

Bailey I hate him too. He should just learn to love someone else because Evie is taken!

message 24: by J.S. (new) - rated it 3 stars

J.S. Ok, so Brennus isn't an easy cut thing for me. For one reason only. I hate what he does and how he goes on with Evie- it really gets on my goat. But. He's Irish. I can clearly imagine his voice as I read and that's enough to make me love him a little bit. Sad but true :/

Sarah Demaio I don't know what to say about Brennus, he kind of grows on you. However, the writing for his Irish accent annoys me. And I glazed through this book too searching desperately for Reed.