Darynda Jones Fans discussion

Grave Witch by Kalayna Price > Week 4 ~ Day 17 ~ Lady in Red

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dana, Founder (new)

Dana Alma (readaholics) | 1174 comments Mod
When the lady in red, the slaver, tries to capture Alex in the Eternal Bloom, she mentions that she has buyers for Alex. Who do you think she would have tried to sell Alex to? Do you think we will see her again?

message 2: by Ines (new)

Ines (slayraa) | 684 comments To be honest, I think that character fell from the sky in the story. I was a bit lost reading that scene and I didn't fully understand what the lady in red was really capable of. Maybe she'll appear again to justify that bit?

Maybe she knew Alex was royalty and she didn't mean they would want Alex specifically but a high class slave? I didn't understand the whole slave thing, why do fae want them? Rianna was some sort of slave but I didn't get the impression she was bought.

message 3: by Dana, Founder (new)

I understood that she was a slave trader, apparently there are fae willing to own fae that can perform certain task. I think you are right Ines, we will be seeing her again. I think she may have affiliations to the Winter Court.

message 4: by Cindy (last edited Jun 01, 2012 05:08PM) (new)

Cindy (cindymac52) I wonder if Alex's Uncle put the word out that he wanted her? Power of any type could be corrupted in Faery...and the price would be paid by the slave, not the creep at the end of the slave chain! I wonder if Ashen was bribed to get her there and that's why she was on the VIP list, to get her in that "other" side.

message 5: by Mel (new)

Mel | 829 comments Cindy, I like your idea about the VIP status being a trick to get her to the other side for her powers.

As for who would be willing to pay for Alex, anyone who knows the kind of powers she has. She is useful to the Fae. Plus, Alex's uncle (like Cindy suggested) or any relatives of her father that we have not met.

For those who do not trust Falin, the Queen of the Winter Court could also be willing to pay. We do not know what he has told her.

In other words, the list is endless.

message 6: by Dana, Founder (new)

Mel wrote: "Cindy, I like your idea about the VIP status being a trick to get her to the other side for her powers.

As for who would be willing to pay for Alex, anyone who knows the kind of powers she has. ..."

Yes, I'd go with the queen, too. But that I can't wait to find out more in book 3.