~Young Adult Enthusiasts~ discussion

The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1)
This topic is about The Lightning Thief
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 304 comments Mod
Post your reviews for this book here to get your Points!!

message 2: by Valencia, Boss Lady (new) - rated it 5 stars

Valencia (empowered) | 1777 comments Mod
I hope this review counts: BEST FREAKING BOOK IN THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yea I think that's point worthy :D

Beatrice Masaluñga (beatricemasalunga) though I've read this I think last 2 months.
It was a good series to those who love Greek Mythology.. and I was hooked with this series. :)

and here's my full review http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

David Estes (davidestesbooks) | 304 comments Mod
I'm obsessed with Percy Jackson lol!!

Carrissa Bellehumeur | 10 comments I have been meaning to read this book for a long time. My sister got me a signed copy when he came to visit her school, so it has been sitting on my shelf for a few years. Mythology has always been a fascinating subject to me, and The Lightning Thief did not disappoint!! The way that Rick Riordan blended modern life and the ancient Greek Mythology stories was amazing, and I learned a lot of new things. Annabeth was definitely my favorite character, because she can pack a punch and she has the brains that Athena is famous for.I just got back from Athens, and our tour guide was telling us stories from Mythology and I knew what she was talking about from this series. I finished all 5 books in this series this month, and now I am moving on to The Heroes of Olympus series. This is an easy read, and I would definitely recommend it.

Kela Esther | 16 comments This book was pretty awesome. First time I read it, I was stunned by how original and different it was. And this book started a whole entire fad with authors, something that's really impressive! I would totally recommend it for others to read. It's always so totally cool when you read about a character and see how they grow into the person they become. :)

ShAnnon Monahan (shannonmonahan) | 15 comments holy crap just joined this group but its official. cant wait to be in it. this is my all time favorite book. read the series twice. cant wait to read it a 3rd time with everyone!

message 8: by ShAnnon (last edited Jul 11, 2012 06:47PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

ShAnnon Monahan (shannonmonahan) | 15 comments David wrote: "I'm obsessed with Percy Jackson lol!!"

ME TOO!!! read it twice. this group is officially legit. ALSO got the spin off series'second book signed by the author in person in chula vista, CA.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.